Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Hybrid View

Mok Gar

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Sure,

are your refering to names of Forms , name of Styles, or both ?
    Hello Sifu Ron,

I would be very interested in hearing a couple of the forms that Sifu Wong passed on to you from Mok Gar (Mot Ga??).

This style fascinates me however there is precious little info out there on this style...

Thanks!

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

spelling is how they call Phonetic.. Mok style in 5 family is kicking style.

Ark Wong's Mok Ga

Here is more info about Ark Wong’s Mok Ga. He learned this system from one of his 12 Sifus in China named Ho Yeng whom I started my kung fu in China with. According to both of them, it was originated from Mok Ga of the Southern 5 family (Hung, Lau, Choy, Lee, Mok). No doubt about that there are differences between Ark Wong and other existing Mok Ga systems.

The characteristics of my grandfather’s Mok Ga system is that it uses smaller stance and short range hand movements in comparison with Ng Ga Kuen, its punch is called “chicken heart punch” also known as “dragon’s horn punch”; the punch is mainly use for vital spot hitting. This type of fist striking also exists in NGK’s “black dragon form”.

This video clip should shed some lights for those have been wondering what Ark Wong’s Mok Ga looks?

http://www.kungfu5family.com/GMWongMokGa.wmv

Seming Ma
    P.S. Ark Wong's kung fu system has been NG Ga Kuen (Five Family Style) at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NGKSMM View Post
    This video clip should shed some lights for those have been wondering what Ark Wong’s Mok Ga looks?

http://www.kungfu5family.com/GMWongMokGa.wmv

Why do some people (including Doug Wong) say that Haumea Lefiti's Splashing Hands is Mok Gar? This video clip looks nothing like Splashing Hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
    Why do some people (including Doug Wong) say that Haumea Lefiti's Splashing Hands is Mok Gar? This video clip looks nothing like Splashing Hands.
    Keboh,
    You should ask this question to those people. all I know is Doug, couple other people and two of my students learned directly from Lefiti. We all know that he intergrated some of Ng Ga forms to enhance his system; that's it. I think your quest eventually will ended up like this "That's what I have been told by GM Ark Wong and Sifu Haumea Lefiti"; unfortunately they have passed away. But if someone could show a video of Lefiti; that would help.

Seming

Quote Originally Posted by NGKSMM View Post
    I think your quest eventually will ended up like this "That's what I have been told by GM Ark Wong and Sifu Haumea Lefiti"; unfortunately they have passed away. But if someone could show a video of Lefiti; that would help.

Seming
    Thank you for your kind reply.
    Sadly I have no video of Lefiti ... but here is some footage of some basics (shuffles, brown).
    http://hem.passagen.se/sifu1/splashing.html

I'd love to know where it came from ... I hope it's genuine Shaolin not just repackaged Kempo.

Sanjuro

U said

I have heard mix things about splashing hands from, it was a creation of Tiny, it was a "*******ization" of Kajukenbo, it was never taught by GM Wong, James's system is not like Tiny, etc, etc.

Don't know if there is any truth ti any of it, but its another example of what happens when a system or part of a system is kept out of the public eye, it gets "confused".

No Kajukenbo in Splashing Hands ....but more American Kenpo Of Ed Parker, and Lima Lama.....

Steeve

Quote Originally Posted by kangmuk View Post
    spelling is how they call Phonetic.. Mok style in 5 family is kicking style.
    Kangmuk,
    You are right, Na Ga Kuen ( 5 Family) only adapted the kickings to the ststem.

Seming Ma