Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Talking Great Claims

Enough with this war of words. I'm the Grandmaster! I was chosen by the ghost of the late Great Grandmaster Ark Wong. I was told that after training with Sifu Seming for twenty year I would experience a spiritual awakening he called, "The Furious Tiger" and from that moment on I would be Grandmaster and Sifu Seming would be elevated to the rank of Ultimate Supreme Grandmaster. Imagine that!

Bak What?

"Everyone wants the limelight."
    You can HAVE the limelight! I love three-ring-circus with clowns everywhere!
    Pathetic you are, though. Keep on practicing.
    From no belt, no sash me.

To one Who does not Know

[]
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKMEISIFU View Post
    Mr. Sanchez,

I have looked at the other forums that deal with Ark Wong’s system and I must say, the truth is appearent “Sifu” Vera is truly a Master compared to the others.

Just a little note before I continue, It’s funny that no one wants a “title” but everyone wants control; everyone wants the limelight; “Might as well take the title” or just create your own, how about Grand Master of Supreme Secrecy since you’ve shown nothing (you must have learned all the “secret” forms). And talk about EGO and the need to be noticed, “Do you think you have enough pictures of YOU posted on the forum about YOU (OOPS! My mistake, it’s actually a forum about Ark Wong’s system, I’m sure you could see my confusion). Which takes me back to your comments to me.

Part of my statement on Sifu Vera’s forum was referring to the fact that you talk but show nothing (anyone can talk about what they supposedly know). Only those who are for real can show what they know. So, the challenge is post some videos of yourself doing your systems forms (past and recent) and then see what everyone thinks (I doubt you will but if I see that you can perform as well as or better than Sifu Vera, I’ll apologize here for everyone).

My thought is that you’ll try to redirect attention to me once again rather than face the challenge. Last time it was “WHO AND WHERE ARE YOU AND YOUR WHAT WAS IT 2 STUDENTS” nice try at taking the focus off you but the discussion wasn’t about me or my “Yes” 2 students (which by the way, aside from your children, where are ALL of your students?). Let me stop you before you so cleverly try to shift the focus to me again by asking the same old tired question “What about you” “Where are my videos”; “Why don’t I come out and prove my self”; “What about my students” Blah Blah Blah???? Well, as I’ve already said, this is not about me, so I have no reason to prove anything. Wheather I’m good or bad or fast or slow, etc in my chosen system has nothing to do with “Can YOU out-do Sifu Vera”? One last thing, before you try to shift back to focusing on Sifu Vera, I’ve seen him and his old group of students perform and they were excellent, I’ve seen the videos of Sifu Vera and anyone who has anything negative to say, knows nothing about true Kung Fu (and yes he dropped the sword, the one thing that every one is focused on, but aside from the one mistake I have seen no one else in your system play the Sword with such power and perfection).

You like to focus on others but again, “what about YOU?”

Where’s YOUR enrollment papers?
    Where’s YOUR certificate?
    Where’s YOUR proof that you ever learned anything directly from Ark Wong?
    Where’s YOUR proof that you were a dedicated, Blood, Sweat & Tears student?
    How old were you when you and Sifu Vera were at the school together (age makes a difference)?

One thing I did notice in making sure I had my information correct was that you supposedly started in 1975 and in the 1989 picture you posted, you are only a red sash. So why is it that after 14 years you still couldn’t achieve a black sash??????

There’s no need to debate this, actually I refuse to debate this with you, It’s a simple “Put Up or Shut Up” challenge. To argue, get upset, to have your sifu speak on your behalf, or to debate the questions I’ve put to you, would only prove that it is you who is the WANNABE.

Quentin
    “BakMeiSifu”
    Quentin (aka Bak Mei Sifu)
    Quentin,Quentin instead of repeating myself again for the benefit of another person who
    cannot see or understand the Truth, about who is who or what is what in Ng Ga Kuen,
    I will tell that you just joined the list of people who give us reason to Grin,
    With your lack of knowledge of our style and system. If you would have looked,
    I do not sign my name with any title, but I do sign my full name. Even if my sons
    were my only students, if you took the time to watch them doing “The Butterfly Knife
    Form” posted on this thread [ An advanced weapon form by the way ] you would have
    to acknowledge their level of performance at an early age. Your Master Vera did!
    I do not make claims about training for 2 years at a school that wasn’t there yet,
    or training personally with a teacher for 2 years after his passing. If you look
    at the attachments to this post, you will see when I started at Daly St.. Since
    you bring it up, The true date that Vera started his training at Daly St.
    In closing Quentin, I will give you some pieces of information even though it is
    none of your business! Shortly after I returned to Daly St. School, I was given
    my 1st certificate that Sifu Wong signed and gave to Se Ming to give to those who
    were deserving. I could have left it at that, but I decided to get re-certified
    under Se Ming.I guess it must have been because of my big ego.
    I received my second certificate by Se Ming, shortly after the 1989 picture you mention.
    I will post my certificates after Master Vera and Grandmaster Srewmaker post what they "Say they have"!
    By the way, We have Wah Que certificates for sale, you can ask Srewmaker about that,
    as he already is a satisfied customer. And just for you Quentin, here is a link
    to some video of myself doing a form and fighting at one of the Tournaments I was
    in. As for my pictures on our forum “Not Yours,” if you would look, the forum is
    about the lineage of Ark Yuey Wong of which I am a part of.[again Not You] But, if you still
    have any questions about my knowledge of Ng Ga Kuen, I believe there is nothing like
    a real life education. So, if you ever come down my way, just make a post and I
    will Gladly give you a private lesson, and you know what, it will be free of charge,
    My Gift to you .Mr. Quentin or whatever your name is!!
    George Sanchez Ng Ga Kuen. “Paz”
    p/s By the wayQuentin, on your other posting, you say that Vera has the full support of
    Bak Mei Pai. Does that mean that You are the Head of the Bak Mei Pai System? and
    By Your Wordthe Whole Systemis behind You and Vera ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJ-8D7k3Fs
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Last edited by NGK.G.S; 02-15-2008 at 03:26 AM.

A Shame

For such a fantastic style it's a shame things come down to this. Master Wong would be rolling in his grave and probably laughing at the same time. Unfortunately too many cooks have spoiled the broth. I will not be wasting my time here anymore. Got to go practice. ADIOS.

To Steve Perez and anyone else willing to read this.

Thank you Steve for the nickname of Yoda. I like it!

If you want to know a bit about me, at least, I do not have a long list of pen names or worse yet: PERSONALITIES like Palerider, Redthunder, SifuX and GMX which I strongly suspect of being one and the same person.
    I have been into martial arts for about 40 years. The purpose was initially self-defense but there are many more reasons: discipline, body and mind conditioning, camaraderie (brotherhood) etc...
    The end result is that, if I have to use it physically, I hope that quick and efficient reflex will come faster than what my opponent is hoping to throw at me, no matter what MA I have studied or prefer to use.

This commotion in our style (and many other styles if you read a few other threads of just this forum) as a few of us have already tried to point out, is due to the idea of grandeur of at least a couple of people. Ron S has been the one flueling Richard V.'s fire by being friend and foe depending on his personality of the day. Remember... Ron is on medications! Most of us have been respectful of GM Wong except for the few we have named over and over again.
    Claims to fame, again by Ron S, will not make us gain respect for him. First second or last won't do a thing either!

I read a few forums and look at a few websites. The titles and claims are shocking!

If anyone, in our style, wants to call HIMSELF GM... we seriously question it.
    If some want to claim that they are the sole inheritor of a style, we question it.
    If they want to say that Bruce Lee, David Carradine and a list of other celebrities trained with GM Wong, we question it.

Some of us have repeatedly said that we do not belong to a clan or speak for our teachers or represent our teachers. I reason by myself and speak for myself. I think I can say that my teacher appreciate my efforts and I know that I don't have to like all of the people with whom I train but train with them, anyway.

Back to the point... Ron S. has started fires here and there. He has come back with the "Why can't we all get along?" line, or vowed to no longer participate in forums. I wish he WOULD no longer participate and do or have someone do a 5150 "check in" to a facility ASAP.

Sorry if I made you think more than you might be used to.
    Yoda Cambrais

Mma

To change the tone here a little, how do you all feel about cross training and MMA in general? Personally, I love it. Btw, My name is Robert Williams for those of you that didn't know. I'm the handsome black guy doing the three sectional staff v.s the spear with Sifu Seming in one of his old demonstration vids.

Howdy Robert

Nice to meet you....Im Steeve

About cross training ....From my experience crioss training is good if you have already a good background in onestyle of MA......IF not you just do collection of some style,,,,I mean the eclectic approach of MA is good but you have to have a core.....

NGKS

mma

I agree Steeve. You sound like a wise man.

discussion

HELLO... Is anyone there? Can we discuss anything other than the warring clans?

I said I was not going to post anymore but I had to share something funny. One of the self proclaimed GMs posted a magazine article where he said Ark Wong was born in 1898 and was a general in the Boxer Rebellion. The Boxer Rebellion was in 1900 and that would have made Master Wong the youngest general in history at the age of 2. LOL!

Shame on you

Sifu Ron has used my computer in the past to post on this site and his user name and password were still on it. So I am posting this using Sifu Ron’s user name and password as I am unable for some reason to post with my own, even after an e-mail request to find out why. Be assured that these thoughts and feelings are my own.

To those of you on this forum who have attacked Sifu Ron Shewmaker and other Sifus from our style on this site. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

First of all if your Sifu had any honor he would not speak, or let his students speak so disrespectfully of any Sifu from this style, in public or private.

Sifu Ron Shewmaker, Sifu Jim Anestasi, and Sifu Richard Vera have all done their very best to teach the style of Kung Fu they learned from Grand Master Ark Wong in the same manner as they were taught.
    Yes I called them all Sifu and do not find them to be arrogant in any manner if they refer to themselves as such. I am not Chinese nor do I pretend to be, so I could be wrong but to my understanding, all that means is teacher.

And I also called Sifu Wong Grand Master and He is the only one I consider worthy of that title.

To tell them you are their elder is a joke. Are you that insecure. Even if you learned in China from one of GM Wong’s teachers, he would have to have been really old, and you would have been in diapers. What did you learn the “GOO-GOO GA-GA” style and you first weapon was that the “RATTLE” either way they still began learning from GM Wong before you did.

Furthermore I can’t believe your Sifu is so threatened by their remarks on this site that he would revert to profanity especially on a public forum. Shame on you. None of the Sifus I have mentioned would want to be the leader of such a bunch of crybabies.

As I stated these Sifus have only tried to keep this style as pure as they learned it.

I have accompanied Sifu Ron to 2 Re-unions in honor of GM Wong, and to support his grandson, also to the Martial Arts History Museum for his induction into the hall of fame.

Sifu Ron and I also went to support Sifu Richard Meir Kings Seminar where Sifu Richard Vera gave an excellent demonstration.

We also went, with respect and in the spirit of friendship, to meet Thailand Gary at his re-union and you repay us by your rude remarks. Sifu Ron does not have any mental disorders and is not on any medication for any such thing as you have suggested. How would you like people making unfounded claims about you, say in regard to why you are really living in a country that allows child molesting.

We have never said a bad word about any of the Kung Fu we saw at any of those places, and would never have said it in public.

You ridiculed Sifu Ron regarding his Butterfly Salute. At least he did the Butterfly Form after the salute. That’s more than I can say for many others I saw only perform the salute, like that was something on its own.

Sifu Ron also donated a uniform that belonged to GM Wong to the museum. I am told that GM Wong’s wife almost cried when she visited the Museum and saw it and couldn’t stop caressing it.
    He has donated money to help support the museum in the form of a yearly membership and to have a plaque placed with the uniform to help honor GM Wong.

And you people honor and speak highly of those who have learned a few forms, either from GM Wong himself, or from a film, and declare that they learned Kung-Fu from him.
    Then they change it, integrate it into other styles or completely rip it off and call it their own.
    Explain to me how this style survives if we allow people to do that, and then publicly attack those people who loved GM Wong, love his style of Kung Fu, and want to preserve it.

If I were a beginner looking for a style to learn I wouldn’t go anywhere near any of us just because of what I have read here. This thread was started by zhangxihuan with this post “hey does anyone out there have a list of people they know are legit inheritors of the 5 animals 5 family's style as done by Shifu Ark Yuey Wong.. ??? Im curious as to who truly knows this system (i'm looking into it). also if anyone in california is qualified to teach it...???” He has never been back. By the way I live in So. Calif. I have a black belt in this style and have been authorized to teach GM Wong’s Kung Fu. I am open to teaching anyone willing to put forth the effort. There are no ego’s allowed in my classes, confidence yes, ego no.

I am not sure how Sifu Shewmaker will react to me posting my response in public and with his password so I will include myself, when I say we all of us should be ashamed of ourselves for airing our dirty laundry on this forum.

My name is Frank Zaremba I have been a friend of Sifu Shewmaker’s for over 40 years and a student of his since 1974. By the way I have seen his certificate and if you look at the one posted here http://ngksmm.proboards60.com/index....ead=1200308790 in the bottom left hand corner there is a square, gee looks like something is missing. Not on Sifu Shewmakers, on his there is another seal with ribbons on it and guess what, it isn’t typed either, it is hand written by GM Wong himself. My e-mail address for those of you who would like to discuss this further in private is fzaremba100@hotmail.com. I believe this is the first time I have spoken on this forum and it will be the last. Hopefully this will end here and now.

Sincerely,
    Frank Zaremba

Brother To Brother

Frank Zaremba

It's obvious from your video performance that you are a beginner in GM Wong's system of kung fu. The salute is just that, the salute. The signature of our style.
    BTW, in the thirty plus years of your training. Did GM Wong ever once visit your sifu or your school? I'm sure that if asked, he would have been more than happy to share that information with you all.

Robert Williams

Discussion

Can we please have more constructive discussion here please ?

To Zaremba

"My name is Frank Zaremba I have been a friend of Sifu Shewmaker’s for over 40 years and a student of his since 1974."

Bai Mei said "Put up or shut up." Are you the Frank who was doing a sorta butterfly on Ron's YouTube after he took himself off because it was just too comical? If it was you... I guess you "Put up." Thank you, we had a good laugh too and you are also off YouTube. Thank the powers that be!
    Cambrais

Another One Up Another One Down

First Frank Z. Anyone who is with our group uses NGK "Ng Ga Kuen" in front of their names so get your people straight, Then maybe you should go back in the Forum's History and READ the Facts before you open your mouth, But I Guess you were lonely, and wanted be be on our list. Well congrats, You made it. And with your other personal insults, I will bet you made someone Else's list too. You must like to live on the edge, Not Wise, considering who has your back. Alright lets make this quick as possible, Here is Your" Oh what is he calling himself today, Palerider,Redthunder,Bak Mei,First American Student,Second American Student, First American Grandmaster, El Supremo or any of the Ten other names he uses, Well I will be Nice and just call him "Ronny" Here is 13 seconds of His Butterfly Knife Form Done in his "prime" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-xMTokufkk "Did he forget the rest" and Here are my Boys Doing the form when they were Kids. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LHDbNWeZL6Q Frank, Since you want to be included here is Your original Ark Y. Wong WHAT YOU CALL Salute & Butterfly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnzFOQxrlbs&feature=user OH Wait Here is Here is Sifu doing HIS Butterfly Form http://youtube.com/watch?v=zxi2Y7MhMMQ&feature=related Frank your right they are the same "Oh wait" I just opened my eyes and you know what Frank Wrong "So Sorry" What You want one more video OK Just For You. Sifu Wong "Grandmaster Wong to You" called this Form "The Salute" The First Form and introduction to our Style, http://youtube.com/watch?v=JB048JiACRU What, Not Happy yet, Don't Worry, You earned one more Bonus Prize I Give you the same offer I gave, Bak Mei Defu ["if you still have any questions about my knowledge of Ng Ga Kuen, I believe there is nothing like a real life education. So, if you ever come down my way, just make a post and I will Gladly give you a private lesson, and you know what, it will be free of charge, My Gift to you .Mr. Quentin or whatever your name is!!"]
    By the way Frank, So you know I am Your Kung Fu Elder,[I was a student of Sifu Wong] George Sanchez Ng Ga Kuen. “Paz” P/s Have a nice Day
    Last edited by NGK.G.S; 02-23-2008 at 01:56 PM.