Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the duck fist ?

Thnaks Sifu Ron
    No "Thnaks"....

As for the "duck fist".... only in a derogatory sense.

IIRC, our first SiFu never said anything about it.

However, my last SiFu was asked to "look at" a "younger master's" (I've since come up with the term "Half-Master" to "cover" such types) "Crane Form".

As the "performance" "progressed" I could see the thunderclouds gathering on SiFu's brow.... I asked him to "be nice" to the guy.
    On being asked his opinion, he shook his head, thought a bit, and judiciiously pronounced that:
    "Somebody taught you wrong!"

Flummoxed, the Half-Master finally got SiFu to say that White Crane s/b "long-hand"... with extended arms. Ever-inventive, the fellow decided that "his" crane must be "short-arm" (obviously never in the military).... I covered my face to mask a laff.... and "agreed" with him.... SiFu just looked at me (rather sharply).
    Later on, after the fellow had gone, he asked why I agreed with him.... and I told him.... somehow the "joke" "didn't translate" and he launched into HIS version of "short-wing crane".... tucking his hands into his armpits and waddling about quacking like a duck..... it WAS hilarious.

On another note, from his time in the pre-WW2 Chinese Army (never said which one) they'd had to forage for food and he did a fantastic job of actually calling real live ducks..... managing to create a waddling stampede of 'em and he was definitely thinking about wringing a couple of their necks and cooking them.....

Smile Black Jaguar System Of Fighting

Thanks Sifu Ron For your comments.
    When I first started with G.M.Ark Y. Wong he told me that the most Powerful &Cunning Of All Cats was the Black Jaguar. He told me that the Black Jaguar was the strongest and rarest of all the cats. When ever we talked about the Tiger he would say that the white tiger was his favorite form(set) even the salute was very long,The way it started was buy jumping into the air & coming down in a sitting position as your knee were together and your calves were angled out & away from your body. It is a very dynamic movement,then you would raise up on the side of your feet.
    This was my favorite set also,I learned 3 different tiger sets, Then in 1968 which was my last year with him All of my learning was private ,He said to me this is for you and your devotion to me ,I will teach you The Black Jaguar System Of Fighting!!. I was surprised to say the least, It was the hardest of all the sets to learn.The set Was a series of moves rather than one long set. He showed me how every move was used within each set it was very intense With a lot of dynamic tension,It was a Hung Ga style of His system. This was his way of showing me his gratitude for the ten years we spent together. I was honored.

Question Black Jaguar as a Kung Fu animal?

You sure it wasn't black leopard?
    Last edited by The Xia; 10-24-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Re: Black Jaguar

I asked that same question to G.M.A.Wong, When he mentioned it the first time. He told me a story about Chinese sailors that sailed the oceans and landed in Central America and South America hundreds of years ago.When they returned to China they told stories about a great cat that roared in the night, many of them were killed.
    He told me that his Teacher Master Pang Also knew of these tales,It was further stated that they did trap some of these great cats and brought a few back to China and studied them.
    He was quite emphatic about the Black Jaguar.
    Sifu Jim

Black Jaguar

Thanks for the responses. It sounds very interesting. What techniques, strategies, etc does the black jaguar entail?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Greetings The Xia,

Thank you for joining in.

I just want to add my 2 cents in on this subject.

I had a talk with Sifu ( Ark . Wong) about this. At first he wouldn't fill me in , he gets that way sometimes, especially when it comes to someone so " close to his heart". Actually I had several talks about it, I really didn't care what Style was Jim was learning
    ( I knew better than to interfere with what those 2 were up too), but, like I told Sifu " were talking about my life here!"

I felt like I was getting run over by a natural diaster and the only reason I was being " keep alive" , was to be able to go onto another fighting session.

Sifu never discussed the specifics of the Black Jaguar with me , but he showed me enough to fight against it without being killed. That in return only got Sifu Jim more eager to experiment with it . Thank you Jim, I loved it !

Sifu Ron
    Sifu Ron,
    I think Sifu Ark Yuey Wong Told you to carry a .45 or run like hell,Ha ha ha.
    Sifu Jim

Talking The Black Jaguar Fighting System

Hello The Xia, When you asked the question of Lineage I bet you didn't think we would be on page 14 today?.
    The Black Jaguar Fighting System to answer your questions, The moves were designed to occupy your opponent space,rather take him out in the least amount of movement. The moves were very short,fast,powerful. React before he could mount an attack, by doing this you had the advantage,Let me make this clear you only used it after all other options had been tried.Once you knew there wasn't any other recourse,you simply moved in with an overpowering moves. The style was hung ga of G.M.Ark.Wong system. The Dynamic striking power & the targets it attacks is just overwhelming.The powerful leg moves destroyed your opponent balance making him unable to recover. To sum it up It was blind fury nothing was spared after it was unleashed.

Sifu Jim

You guys should really contemplate doing something about preserving these "rare" systems.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Talking Passing knowledge

Sanjuro,
    You are absolutely right, I have pondered this on many occasions , The problem is to find the right person to pass on my knowledge. He would have to be trained in other martial arts at least 10 years & have a back ground in Chinese & Japanese systems. I have some older students who come to mind, I need to talk to them to see if they would be interested.

Sifu Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    Sanjuro,
    You are absolutely right, I have pondered this on many occasions , The problem is to find the right person to pass on my knowledge. He would have to be trained in other martial arts at least 10 years & have a back ground in Chinese & Japanese systems. I have some older students who come to mind, I need to talk to them to see if they would be interested.

Sifu Jim
    I know that is an issue with many and someone said it better than I, "you can't teach skills to the skilless".
    Or something like that.
    Basically the deserving ones will still be the ones to carry it, no matter what.
    One of the reasons I am against keeping things like IP and IV from people is because it keeps it out of the hands of the good ones AND the bad ones, evne though the bad ones wouldn't have the dedication to follow it trough anyways.

Know what I mean?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Cool Black Jaguar

Sifu Ron,
    Come on now, I'm Just a ***** cat, A rather large ***** cat however.
    You were there and I thank you for that.You were the only one I could train with.I couldn't go full power with Sifu so you were his stand in.
    If I can find a young man with the dedication that we had and really wanted to train hard no matter what it took I would be very happy. You met Rob, It was where we trained in his converted garage.You saw us working out a few times there. He is the only one at this time that I would consider to learn my ways, he has 10 years with me & several black belts in other M.A. so he has proven he is worthy of this transmission of my total knowledge, He is the best of the best. I'm going to call him & see if he would like to gain my knowledge. He is a very busy man so we will see if we can get together & talk one day soon.

Sifu Jim

this website says GM wong taught hop gar

http://www.northernshaolinacademy.co...ongArkYuey.asp

do you guys know anything about this?

Question Hop Gar

Htowndragon,
    Well I was taught by G.M.Ark Yuey Wong for ten years ,That Almost daily for first the first several years. In all that time he never mentioned Hop Gar!!. So if he taught some one before 1958 or after 1968, I was not aware of it. There are others who maybe answer your question. Their are so many schools claiming linage in some way or another you just shake your head,here's another one.All of the history is well documented and is on the web.

Sifu Jim

black jaguar

is there some special "hand" used in black jaguar?

sounds a bit like what i would expect to see with the "elephant boxing" of lau buns hung sing choy lee fut

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    is there some special "hand" used in black jaguar?
    I was wondering the same thing.