Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Question

Since there is a good amount of Ark Yuey Wong footage that has been posted as of late, I have to ask, is there any video of his Black Jaguar?
    Last edited by The Xia; 10-30-2007 at 10:28 PM.

Cool B/J Fighting stystem

Xia,
    Since I learned it in my last year with G.M.Wong,I really cant answer If he ever taught it to anyone else,Sifu Ron has a little knowledge of it . I believe It was taped on 8mm film. Since I have moved many times these pictures & video's get lost over time . Some day soon I'm going to try and locate them ,I hope they have survived the years in box's in hot garages. Time will tell. Another source of video's of the B/J might be Sifu SeMing his grand son. He has a whole library full of Sifu A.Wongs video's.
    Sifu Jim

Did GM Wong teach Sae Ying Diu Sao (Snake Form Mongoose Hands) as part of his curriculum? I'm curious as I heard this form was taught as part of 5 Family and Fut Gar.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

Question Snake form

Xiong Chuan,
    In my list I have only one listed, Dok Shir Leum Lee, Snakes Tongue, That is the only one listed on my notes. Maybe Sifu Ron knows others.

Thanks for the responses

How's about the question htowndragon had about Black Jaguar hand postures?

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the duck fist ?

Thnaks Sifu Ron
    This thread may be of interest to you.
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=38592

Wink Snake forms

Sifu Ron, I think he wanted pure snake forms not combination . Maybe I was wrong.

Sifu Jim

Question Black Jaguar

About the hand postures ,Are like any other cat s usage the whole hand(paw) was used so if you know the tiger& leopard you could use the rest of hand (paw) if taught correctly. The main thing is to occupy your opponents space with your horse Stance then follow up with an overwhelming attack to vital targets.

I hope this answers your question.
    Sifu Jim

Hello all!

May I interrupt this awesome thread with a quick question to sifu jim and sifu ron?

Is the Black Jaguar a style or system per se, or is it more of a combat theory within a specific context (inside of an oppenents space)?

It sounds to me like it is a theory of combat or principles of fighting with a hella cool name rather than a seperate style with forms and such...

Just curious. Thanks to Xia, Sifu ron, and Sifu Jim for a great thread. This is what forums are supposed to be about! Not the too oft seen internet challenges, superiority complexes and "mma is awesome, cma blows" craptalk. Anyway...

Thanks!!!!

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Cool Black Jaguar Fighting System

Hello Southern Tiger,
    You are right on,The title B/J Fighting System is just that.
    This is a system of combat theory exactly,As you put it, inside the opponents space,
    no forms per say, just combat. This system was the first Stealth or Invisible system, not taking a stance until you attack,then your opponent is completely surprised he doesn't no what happened when he comes to ,if not dead.
    This concept of fighting with this system is hard to practice with out a partner,a very experienced one ,As he would take a beating as you practice the techniques.
    Thanks Sifu Ron, for letting me beat up on you, I tried to take it easy, but this system it is very hard to do, as you know.
    I hope this helps .
    Sifu Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    Hello Southern Tiger,
    You are right on,The title B/J Fighting System is just that.
    This is a system of combat theory exactly,As you put it, inside the opponents space,
    no forms per say, just combat. This system was the first Stealth or Invisible system, not taking a stance until you attack,then your opponent is completely surprised he doesn't no what happened when he comes to ,if not dead.
    This concept of fighting with this system is hard to practice with out a partner,a very experienced one ,As he would take a beating as you practice the techniques.
    Thanks Sifu Ron, for letting me beat up on you, I tried to take it easy, but this system it is very hard to do, as you know.
    I hope this helps .
    Sifu Jim
    Any resemblence to the "ghost crane" or "ghost hand" I have heard about?

In a nutshell ( very simple explanation) your strikes come from multiple angles on muiltple targets on mulitple levels even though you are "relatively still".
    Something along those lines?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It would be awesome if youtube had a link to the Black Jaguar fighting theory...

Great thread you guys...always heard your teachers name, it's nice to put a face to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VLd7jwYUis

This is a few moves of Jim and Ron back in 1959 or 1960.

We both thank all of you for your coments . It is good to vist with sincere M/A .

Thank You, Sifu Ron
    In all of the images I have seen of your teacher and his students... you guys all have this good fun smile on your faces, looks like yall had a blast training together. Thank you so much for posting this classical footage

Your welcome.

send me your e-mail address I would like to get to know you better.

WAHQUE@YAHOO.COM

Thanks Sifu Ron
    Cool

hopgarjt@yahoo.com

James Traynor is my full name
    Cheers