Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    Hello Southern Tiger,
    You are right on,The title B/J Fighting System is just that.
    This is a system of combat theory exactly,As you put it, inside the opponents space,
    no forms per say, just combat. This system was the first Stealth or Invisible system, not taking a stance until you attack,then your opponent is completely surprised he doesn't no what happened when he comes to ,if not dead.
    This concept of fighting with this system is hard to practice with out a partner,a very experienced one ,As he would take a beating as you practice the techniques.
    Thanks Sifu Ron, for letting me beat up on you, I tried to take it easy, but this system it is very hard to do, as you know.
    I hope this helps .
    Sifu Jim
    Thank you sifu Jim for the clarification. Black Jaguar sounds fascinating!

Y'know one thing I love about watching some of the oldtime misc. gung fu clips of Ark Wong and students : the stances. Always good stong stances. You can tell in 3 seconds that these guys worked HARD on foundations and basics and therefore had excellent gungfu!

Thanks for keeping traditional gung fu alive and well in our age.

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Black Jaguar

So how is Black Jaguar trained? Since there isn't a set, there can't be a two-man version of a non-existing set. Therefore, you isolate techniques, drill them with a partner. Then combos and finally freeform. Which happens when you have a set anyway. That sound right?
    Last edited by The Xia; 11-02-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Cool Black Jaguar Fighting System

THe Xia,
    Let me see if this helps you understand The system with how I was trained in it ,remember this was after 9 years of training.When Sifu Announced to me that he was going to teach me this system,I was in a state of shock,as we had talked about it in my first year with him, but nothing about it until then. The scenarios he made up were practical attacks that most of us see in real life. He showed how to use paws of the B/J which is more complex than the tiger or leopard but still along the same lines.The foot work was not that different from what i had been using all along,only different ways to use it and take your opponent down.This was followed up with using the cats paws at the same time and all the way down to the ground ,many times pouncing on your attacker(would be)with over powering blows.Many times he would be disabled before hitting the ground.The Xia You hit the nail on,the head, there are no sets or prearranged moves on your either side.just techniques that are practiced,Sifu Wong would say this is what you could have done this or that also.In traing like this you don't know whats coming or what you will do, you just react using the techniques of the B/J. It is on the premise that you are not going to be able to stop the fight so you attack so suddenly that the bad guy or guys never see it coming .Hence the invisible attack.
    Sifu Jim

Thanks for the descriptions, it sounds like a great system. SIFU RON, did you ever learn it? And on the subject of the black jaguar's paws, since they are along the same lines of the tiger and leopard, does this mean that the black jaguar utilizes the tiger claw and leapard fist, but in different ways then the tiger and leopard do?
    Last edited by The Xia; 11-10-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Cool B/J Fighting stystem

The Xia,
    To answer your questions the weapons used by the B/J were the leopard chuan, fu jow, if you look at your own hand held in leopard chuan, there are 5 areas to strike with also the tiger claw is used to grab,claw,poke etc. these are your primary striking weapons. the elbow is used also the shoulder & forearm can be used,you are not limited as using only these. The legs come into play to your knees your feet ,chins ,heels,bottom of your feet ,toes etc. Once you decide to attack your legs are what destroys his position or stance depending on which way he is standing. With the help of what ever blow you decided to use to occupy his his position. In this scenario your opponent is standing with his right leg forward (by this time you would have him sized up) so you stomp on his right foot this will make him go backwards,as he can't move he will , be off balance as your weight is on his foot you move in with you right leg between his this will destroy his balance as you attack his vital areas with any weapon that will do the job, You could just stun him or knock him out or what ever is called for., as he is now on the ground you can pounce on him ,stomp
    him. I think this would give you an Idea what would happen.
    To answer your Question If Sifu Ron learned it, He was my stand in as an opponent
    in the drills ,so of course he picked up on what was going on . He was more interested in surviving than any thing that floor was hard & when a 220 lbs. of fury coming at you . Thanks To Ron for being there.
    Sifu Jim

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    The Xia,
    To answer your questions the weapons used by the B/J were the leopard chuan, fu jow, if you look at your own hand held in leopard chuan, there are 5 areas to strike with also the tiger claw is used to grab,claw,poke etc. these are your primary striking weapons. the elbow is used also the shoulder & forearm can be used,you are not limited as using only these. The legs come into play to your knees your feet ,chins ,heels,bottom of your feet ,toes etc. Once you decide to attack your legs are what destroys his position or stance depending on which way he is standing. With the help of what ever blow you decided to use to occupy his his position. In this scenario your opponent is standing with his right leg forward (by this time you would have him sized up) so you stomp on his right foot this will make him go backwards,as he can't move he will , be off balance as your weight is on his foot you move in with you right leg between his this will destroy his balance as you attack his vital areas with any weapon that will do the job, You could just stun him or knock him out or what ever is called for., as he is now on the ground you can pounce on him ,stomp
    him. I think this would give you an Idea what would happen.
    To answer your Question If Sifu Ron learned it, He was my stand in as an opponent
    in the drills ,so of course he picked up on what was going on . He was more interested in surviving than any thing that floor was hard & when a 220 lbs. of fury coming at you . Thanks To Ron for being there.
    Sifu Jim
    Works both ways, and your welcome.

Sifu Ron

Thanks for the description. It sounds like a great system. One thing I was wondering about was your sifu’s teachers.
    http://www.southern5.com/WongSifu.html
    It says that he learned Choy Lee Fut from Lam Ark Fun, Mok Gar from Ho Ark Yeng, but does not specify where he learned Hung Gar. Was it from the monk Peng?

I just read his bio; am I correct in the assumption that Master Wong's training had ended when he migrated to the U.S.? Did he train with anyone here, who lived in the states?? Just curious...

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    OMG - is that Dennis Farina?

And he came here when he was 21 years of age? Is that correct??

Cool Ark Y .Wong

Thats correct,he was 21 when he arrived in this country and was all ready a master.We talked about his teachers a lot when I first started training with him.The only other masters he mentioned in this country were Professor Ben Lau in San Francisco & Si Mah (Sig Mar) who taught in Sacramento,Ca. These only taught Chinese.On a trip to San Francisco with him he took me with him to visit Old man Lau as he fondly called him.They were surprised when I came in with him to meet Professor Lau being a non Chinese student .Sifu Wong seemed proud of me as I was the topic for more than an hour or so they arranged a demo for me to do ,Sifu Wong said Jim do the Tiger Descends Mountain, I performed it for them and they all said very good,strong horse stance.
    Sifu Ark Wong grinned as we left the school down stairs.

Sifu Jim

Talking school location

The schools location was in China Town on the main street If I recall correctly. Down stairs ,It was very small as I remember.
    Actually I made 3 trip to the bay area with G.M.Ark Y.Wong I drove him each time. Also my wife came with us. We enjoyed these trips as each one was different.

Sifu Jim

Thanks. I look forward to the website.

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    I cannot get through to your e-maill address,,,,,,try mine,,,,,,,

thanks Ron
    Sorry for the delay Ron, I just sent you an email

Closed fist techniques.

They may be easier to pull off in some situations for people whose other hand postures are not yet developed, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be used by people who have the hands for those other things. Every martial artist will have his/her preferences and different situations call for different things. Most arts (aside from exceptions where the style is pure grappling or something like that) have closed fist techniques.
    - My two cents.
    Last edited by The Xia; 11-08-2007 at 08:42 PM.