Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

I read these postings with a bit of sadness and disgust. 5 family style is a style meant to bring people together. I live in a different part of the world but share thoughts with others. I don't know why my name is used with conflict with others. Ron have a big problem with respect from others. Ron say he a sifu. Where, and with any student? The student I would think have a certain veiw of him. Ma Seming is GM Ark Yuey Wong grandson, with the right to pass on the style with those that were picked by his grandfather. I am not familiar with what is being said but I look at the years you talk about and they don't seem right. Sifu Jim and Sifu Ron you are both teachers of the 5 family style ..? Then you are both in your late 70's . I think. How can this be . And to have your attitude of disrespect for these others. They follow you from forum to forum.. Why ? This is supposed to be a forum to pass on information and have camaraderie.. I think you missed the point of it. I see nothing worthwhile pass from your lips. You have only, what seems to me to be misinformation. you have given wrong names to things and make me not beleive you are at the level you are asking to be looked at. again, why do you use my name ? If I have anything to pass just ask. I will tell you my teachers, my students, my history. I have nothing to hide and have many friends who would tell you the same thing. I think I have knowledge that others would find useful to help their training. I am familiar with your style. Only little change and that is expected. I like to use the English to explain things. I use Mandarin and make everybody confuse.. Not my plan. sifus Ron & Jim, I don't see you explain anything about your style, only want to take to use for you. I hope you answer this.. I really want to know why you use my name ...

Kangmuk

You said you are a mok gar player....strong kick for closed the range and closed hands or fist at closed range.....(like the chicken heart fist )

You seem to know the ng ga of GM Wong style ....almost all the kicking of Ng ga came from mok gar....mostly the snap kick ...the way we call it ....its a kind of front kick but with the feet pointing at 9 oclock (little bit like a fast side kick)

Here some mok gar

http://www.yichuankungfu.com/images/PAGODAMG.wmv

Steeve

Ron, you certainly have a chip on your shoulder. My first reply to forum was simply that the Mok style is a strong kicking style. I am familiar with GM Wong Ark Yuey through his associations in China ( Mainland. ) and connections in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is once again under Communist rule, though relaxed somewhat. People have to be careful of what they say and who they offend. I can see by your writtings that you have never traveled and dealt with different cultures or you would not be so quick to take offense to absolutely nothing !

I don't know your history but I find your lack of personality and personal armour intriguing. You seem to offend many. I have read back on the forum and see that you have offered nothing as to your stle of learning or more important your form of teaching. Is expected of you as you call yourself Sifu.

5 family, 5 animal style is an important style which is taught throughout Mainland and is big here in HK also. Ling Chow Chi is a good example of the style here. Mostly tiger, crane but he teach the mok and fat style also. Choi Lee Fat is probably # 1 here. I myself started in judo as a youth and progressed to Bagua' hsinghi later. Are you familiar with those teachings. ? You appear to be elderly and small minded. I don't see you posting information on your learning only comment on your personal affronts. I myself am familiar with 5 family 5 animal style and I prefer to do tiger style. I have a friend Pow Ho Ching, you would know him in the States as Samo Hong . He is a good example of 5 family 5 animal along with hsing hi and bagua and choi lee fat. Ron, do you have other teachers along with GM Wong Ark Yuey ? or is this all that you have ever studied ?

Steeve, I hope this answers some your question also. As for Mok style, we use the side and forward rolling along with snake hand and chicken heart. The video was good but for me the horse too high and the hand too fast.
    We call the fast hand the Flower hand. Fast but not too strong. Used to impress a beginner.

HAhAhA Kangmuk

You talk about pakua and hsing I ....but im sure you dont know what you talk about .....?????

But ur right about he fast hands ....no power here.....

Quote Originally Posted by kangmuk View Post
    Ron, you certainly have a chip on your shoulder. My first reply to forum was simply that the Mok style is a strong kicking style. I am familiar with GM Wong Ark Yuey through his associations in China ( Mainland. ) and connections in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is once again under Communist rule, though relaxed somewhat. People have to be careful of what they say and who they offend. I can see by your writtings that you have never traveled and dealt with different cultures or you would not be so quick to take offense to absolutely nothing !

I don't know your history but I find your lack of personality and personal armour intriguing. You seem to offend many. I have read back on the forum and see that you have offered nothing as to your stle of learning or more important your form of teaching. Is expected of you as you call yourself Sifu.

5 family, 5 animal style is an important style which is taught throughout Mainland and is big here in HK also. Ling Chow Chi is a good example of the style here. Mostly tiger, crane but he teach the mok and fat style also. Choi Lee Fat is probably # 1 here. I myself started in judo as a youth and progressed to Bagua' hsinghi later. Are you familiar with those teachings. ? You appear to be elderly and small minded. I don't see you posting information on your learning only comment on your personal affronts. I myself am familiar with 5 family 5 animal style and I prefer to do tiger style. I have a friend Pow Ho Ching, you would know him in the States as Samo Hong . He is a good example of 5 family 5 animal along with hsing hi and bagua and choi lee fat. Ron, do you have other teachers along with GM Wong Ark Yuey ? or is this all that you have ever studied ?

Steeve, I hope this answers some your question also. As for Mok style, we use the side and forward rolling along with snake hand and chicken heart. The video was good but for me the horse too high and the hand too fast.
    We call the fast hand the Flower hand. Fast but not too strong. Used to impress a beginner.
    Just curious, have you said that you are Chinese? If so, could you tell me where from and what language you speak?

I find your posts very interesting.

Thank you.

Common grounds

If you will allow a few minutes of exposure to another language and other community, here is a link to something we have in common:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2_BlCdiIY

Just replace "Deaf community" with "Martial Arts community" and you will perhaps understand that it is more of a "Human bad quality" that different communities share.

Someone mentioned "Inner circle" and I don't buy into that. I don't know most of the people in this forum. Still, some of us have formed an opinion and spoken up. There might be some truth to our words, don't you think?
    Listen to the limitations the presenter lists and hopefully apply it in your dialogue and postings on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    The reason I used your name, is, simply, it is because of your timing . It appears as though You enter as a new person on this form, (along with a few others) , and jolt right into this person issue.

Don't add fuel to the flame.

If you want to know something about this style and our side of it, ask .

Regards, Sifu Ron
    What IS his name?

Question Question

Hello Kangmuk,

I said that I wouldn't write about these things again but I have a few questions for you.
    What makes you think that we are in our late seventy's?.I take it that you are in Hong Kong, China is that correct?.It seems to me that perhaps some one else has written for you on your last post is this correct?,I really don't have a problem with that but just curious?.And for the record I have never shown any disrespect to any one on this forum, no matter what has been asked of me. I have tried to answer all of the question's
    as truthfully as I can. You said that we were giving out misinformation I'm not sure what you mean by that?,All of the names that we used were given to us by G.M.Ark Y. Wong,This seems to rear it's ugly head from time to time. All I can say is that is what I was told to call them by G.M.Ark Y. Wong. Have you read this Thread from the start?, If not ,please do so.
    As for my self I have retired from teaching,but I would train a new student again if I could find one that has the right stuff & the time to devote to the training. I have one of my old students in mind but have not talked to him about it but I will after the first of the year.
    I have shared my knowledge when ever possible,so I don't what you mean that I haven't shared it.

Sifu Jim

Kangmuk

I said

You talk about pakua and hsing I ....but im sure you dont know what you talk about .....?????

Thats not what I mean ......Error here miswriting ...sorry

Im sure you do know what you talk about ??? thats the good one

Steeve

Steeve

Thanks for the kind words.

My teacher taught the Mok Ga style as well. I learned two forms from him and one from my classmate. My two classmates learned approx. 20 forms, of what I believe was the complete style. I have a list of them as well, let me know if you want me to post it.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

My teacher taught the Mok Ga style as well. I learned two forms from him and one from my classmate. My two classmates learned approx. 20 forms, of what I believe was the complete style. I have a list of them as well, let me know if you want me to post it.

Michael

WOW
    Michael,

talent, talent, talent, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dumpling " superb " !

I am going to speard that one around, I have a group of young sudents, they will love it , me too. ?

Thank you much !

Sifu Ron
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 11-27-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Michael

I know you ask to Ron ....But Im interest to see the list of the Mok Gar Forms

Pleased

Steeve

Mok Ga Kyuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Michael

I know you ask to Ron ....But Im interest to see the list of the Mok Gar Forms

Pleased

Steeve
    Here is a list (it might not be complete though No weapons listed here) of the Mok Ga forms that Sifu Chan Tai-San taught.

Most of these were learned by classmates Stephen H. Laurette and Ho Jih-Yiu. I know David Ross learned a few as did myself.

Mok Kyuhn Hand Forms from Sifu Chan Tai-San
    Reflecting Number of Movements (List by Stephen H. Laurette)

1. Siu Lihn Waan Kyuhn - 113
    2. Taai Ji Kyuhn - 113
    3. Taai Teui Kyuhn - 165
    4. Baat Muhn Daau Jihn Kyuhn - 152
    5. Sei Muhn Kau Da Kyuhn - 153
    6. Daaih Lihn Waan Kyuhn - 140
    7. Luhng Fu Ji Ngh Kyuhn - 121
    8. Fu Meih Geuk Kyuhn - 187
    9. Gaau Luhng Dou Hoi Kyuhn - 131
    10. Daaih Baat Gwa Leung Yih Kyuhn - 198
    11. Siu Baat Gwa Leung Yih Kyuhn - 167
    12. Yaau Luhng Jeung - 174
    13. Yaau Luhng Kyuhn - 118
    14. Luhng Tang Fu Bou Kyuhn - 121
    15. Sei Muhn Bik Da Kyuhn - 140
    16. Lihn Waan So Ji Teui Chyun Luhng Gwai Geuk Kyuhn
    (aka Chaan Gai Geuk Kyuhn) - 344
    17. Baat Sin Kyuhn - 363
    18. Jeui Da Kyuhn - 168
    19. Sei Luhng Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 173
    20. Ji Ngh Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 137 (Hung Mok Paai)
    21. Lihn Fa Jeung - 157
    22. Chihn Jih Ji Mou Kyuhn - 126
    23. Sahp Daaih Ying Jeung Kyuhn - 385
    24. Mah Bin Gung Laan Fa Sau Kyuhn - 306
    25. Haak Fu Sei Ping Luhng Fu Muhn Kyuhn - 133
    26. Baat Gwa Yaau Luhng Jeung Kyuhn - 144
    27. Kei Lun Bou Baat Gwa Jeung - Kyuhn - 281
    28. Baat Gwa Chat Sing Kyuhn - 210
    29. Sei Muhn Kau Kyuhn - 140
    30. Fu Haang Jaang Kyuhn - 209
    31. Si Gu Kyuhn - 292
    32. Siu Gam Chaai Kyuhn - 152
    33. Daaih Gam Chaai Kyuhn - 116
    34. Baat Gwa Ngh Haang Kyuhn -
    35. Gun Yam Lihn Fa Daaih Jo Kyuhn -
    36. Mok Ga Kyuhn Jung – 55
    37. Ping Yun Kyuhn – 141
    38. Do Lo Jo Nai (?) Kyuhn – 176
    39. Saam Jihn Kyuhn – 122
    40. Lo Hon Cheut Dong Kyuhn – 151
    41. Wu Dihp Jeung - 117
    42. She Haang Syuh Bou Kyuhn – 214
    43. Ping Yun Gwan – 131
    44. Yaau Luhng Gwan – 92
    45. Gam Gong Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 135

Steven and I were getting together two years ago and started putting this stuff on tape. We made some progress but I need to get together with him soon. I need to call..

M

That is ALOT of freaking forms !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Here is a list (it might not be complete though No weapons listed here) of the Mok Ga forms that Sifu Chan Tai-San taught.

Most of these were learned by classmates Stephen H. Laurette and Ho Jih-Yiu. I know David Ross learned a few as did myself.

Mok Kyuhn Hand Forms from Sifu Chan Tai-San
    Reflecting Number of Movements (List by Stephen H. Laurette)

1. Siu Lihn Waan Kyuhn - 113
    2. Taai Ji Kyuhn - 113
    3. Taai Teui Kyuhn - 165
    4. Baat Muhn Daau Jihn Kyuhn - 152
    5. Sei Muhn Kau Da Kyuhn - 153
    6. Daaih Lihn Waan Kyuhn - 140
    7. Luhng Fu Ji Ngh Kyuhn - 121
    8. Fu Meih Geuk Kyuhn - 187
    9. Gaau Luhng Dou Hoi Kyuhn - 131
    10. Daaih Baat Gwa Leung Yih Kyuhn - 198
    11. Siu Baat Gwa Leung Yih Kyuhn - 167
    12. Yaau Luhng Jeung - 174
    13. Yaau Luhng Kyuhn - 118
    14. Luhng Tang Fu Bou Kyuhn - 121
    15. Sei Muhn Bik Da Kyuhn - 140
    16. Lihn Waan So Ji Teui Chyun Luhng Gwai Geuk Kyuhn
    (aka Chaan Gai Geuk Kyuhn) - 344
    17. Baat Sin Kyuhn - 363
    18. Jeui Da Kyuhn - 168
    19. Sei Luhng Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 173
    20. Ji Ngh Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 137 (Hung Mok Paai)
    21. Lihn Fa Jeung - 157
    22. Chihn Jih Ji Mou Kyuhn - 126
    23. Sahp Daaih Ying Jeung Kyuhn - 385
    24. Mah Bin Gung Laan Fa Sau Kyuhn - 306
    25. Haak Fu Sei Ping Luhng Fu Muhn Kyuhn - 133
    26. Baat Gwa Yaau Luhng Jeung Kyuhn - 144
    27. Kei Lun Bou Baat Gwa Jeung - Kyuhn - 281
    28. Baat Gwa Chat Sing Kyuhn - 210
    29. Sei Muhn Kau Kyuhn - 140
    30. Fu Haang Jaang Kyuhn - 209
    31. Si Gu Kyuhn - 292
    32. Siu Gam Chaai Kyuhn - 152
    33. Daaih Gam Chaai Kyuhn - 116
    34. Baat Gwa Ngh Haang Kyuhn -
    35. Gun Yam Lihn Fa Daaih Jo Kyuhn -
    36. Mok Ga Kyuhn Jung – 55
    37. Ping Yun Kyuhn – 141
    38. Do Lo Jo Nai (?) Kyuhn – 176
    39. Saam Jihn Kyuhn – 122
    40. Lo Hon Cheut Dong Kyuhn – 151
    41. Wu Dihp Jeung - 117
    42. She Haang Syuh Bou Kyuhn – 214
    43. Ping Yun Gwan – 131
    44. Yaau Luhng Gwan – 92
    45. Gam Gong Fuk Fu Kyuhn - 135

Steven and I were getting together two years ago and started putting this stuff on tape. We made some progress but I need to get together with him soon. I need to call..

M
    That is what in my opinion separate a REAL master by the common martial arts pratictioner, the ability to assimilate and remember a huge ammount of technical information and being able to pass them on.
    When you said somewhere that to learn martial arts you need also to be "smart" couldn't be more true.

Impressive.

Regards