Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

To Quentin & PS to Steeve

Your list looks like the nominees for Oscar Night. Care to show some of your stuff? YouTube maybe since it is a popular way of sharing.
    Once we can see that... drums will roll... "AND THE WINNER IS..."
    What? Wrong category? Sorry: disqualified...

PS: Hey Steeve nice last YOUTUBE montage! (Just saying that because we have to praise one another in public, now.) J'fais une joke la... ! Sans blague, sympa!

Greetings

Long time reader, first time poster. Thought I’d say hello and best regards to fellow Ng Ga Kuen practitioners. Hailing from South Bend, IN, a student of Sifu Melvin Armstrong. -Tommy

Hi Tommy,
    Are you the tall guy who came to the reunion a couple of years ago?

Tommy and Everyone,
    Glad to see one of Melvin’s students here. I think most of the people don’t know who Melvin Armstrong is; he’s a student and assistant of Ark Wong during 60’s to mid 70’s. For those have GM Wong’s 5 animals poster; Melvin was the one assisted with layout and English translation. Here is a link to some of his photos.
    http://www.kungfu5family.com/MelvinArmstrong.htm

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to say something to those had assisted my grandfather in kung fu / personal matters when he was alive. On behalf of the Wong’s family, we would like to say Thank You and appreciate what you had done for Ark Wong.

Ralph Shun, Gary Steuer, Melvin Armstrong, Jim A., Ron Shewmaker, Paul Jay, Albert Leung, Gary Gee, Stanley Walker, Ernest Louie, James Louie, Alfred Martinez, Richard Vera, Alex H., Daniel, Frank Servillo, Louie Martinez, Ed Torres, Abel Crespo, Steve Masters, David Cruz, George Castro, George Sanchez.

I know everyone mentioned above received the SAME LOVE and ESSENCE of NGK / Five Family / Animals kung fu from Ark Wong. As time passed by; some of us might had installed new concept, theories, and philosophy to the system. It is totally understandable and really nothing to argue about as long as the system essence and structure still intact. In regards to Titles and Inheritance of the system; we are who we are; it is really no big deal.

We could continue to fight, or make peace with each other, or perhaps working together with our differences. It is all up to us. Come out to Show your Love to Ark Wong and our system.

Sincerely,

Seming Ma

p.s.Tommy, there is a Melvin student name Louis H. in my forum, you might want to come in and say hi and get acquainted.
    http://ngksmm.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Thank Cambrai

for ur good words about the you tube montage...and the joke

Btw ur french look like my english.....not very good ....

NGKS

Quote Originally Posted by kfman5F View Post
    Hi Tommy,
    Are you the tall guy who came to the reunion a couple of years ago?
    Tommy,
    Hope you don't mind I jump in.

The tall guy came 2005 his name is Jerry, from Kansas, second generation student of Melvin. The one came 2006 was Louis H. from New Mexico, a direct student from Melvin, he is planning a visit to Los Angeles end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by NGKSMM View Post
    Tommy and Everyone,
    Glad to see one of Melvin’s students here. I think most of the people don’t know who Melvin Armstrong is; he’s a student and assistant of Ark Wong during 60’s to mid 70’s. For those have GM Wong’s 5 animals poster; Melvin was the one assisted with layout and English translation. Here is a link to some of his photos.
    http://www.kungfu5family.com/MelvinArmstrong.htm

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to say something to those had assisted my grandfather in kung fu / personal matters when he was alive. On behalf of the Wong’s family, we would like to say Thank You and appreciate what you had done for Ark Wong.

Ralph Shun, Gary Steuer, Melvin Armstrong, Jim A., Ron Shewmaker, Paul Jay, Albert Leung, Gary Gee, Stanley Walker, Ernest Louie, James Louie, Alfred Martinez, Richard Vera, Alex H., Daniel, Frank Servillo, Louie Martinez, Ed Torres, Abel Crespo, Steve Masters, David Cruz, George Castro, George Sanchez.

I know everyone mentioned above received the SAME LOVE and ESSENCE of NGK / Five Family / Animals kung fu from Ark Wong. As time passed by; some of us might had installed new concept, theories, and philosophy to the system. It is totally understandable and really nothing to argue about as long as the system essence and structure still intact. In regards to Titles and Inheritance of the system; we are who we are; it is really no big deal.

We could continue to fight, or make peace with each other, or perhaps working together with our differences. It is all up to us. Come out to Show your Love to Ark Wong and our system.

Sincerely,

Seming Ma

p.s.Tommy, there is a Melvin student name Louis H. in my forum, you might want to come in and say hi and get acquainted.
    http://ngksmm.proboards60.com/index.cgi
    To - Seming Ma

These are the words we need to hear. This is not your style of writing however:

this message is a step in the right direction .

if these words are true- it is best to work towards the goal of working together in honor of Ark Wong.

Sifu Ron Shewmaker
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 02-28-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Thank you for your welcome and acknowledgment. I am truly honored. -Tommy

Most important to me

From the movie "The Matrix"

"I know Kung Fu."
    "I can show you the door but YOU have to go through it."

I can think of a list of qualities to thrive for in my life, and what I look for in others. A lot can come from our training. KF is good for our life and life is good for our KF.

Sorry, philosophizing again!
    Cambrais

Jow Ga

Has anyone here ever studied Jow Ga, and it true that it contain northern mantis forms? Seems to be a very interesting style.

Robert

Jow ga or hung tao choy mei is found by Jow lung ....but Lung have three
    >others Brothers....who teach their branch of jow ga....they exist one
    >northern Mantis form the bung bo in the Jow Bill branch...

NGKS

hung fut

Thank you for the information Steeve. Do you have anything on Hung Fut style? One of the things I like to do is compare the simularity of other southern style if any to Ng Ga Kuen. What I,ve found is that most other styles barrow forms from other styles. Ng Ga Kuen, seem to be a complete style of its own.

Robert

I never learn Hung fut ...just see the videos ...you could see some in the Hung Fut thread

the left arm form and the crazy devil staaff are unique to hung fut...

NGKS

Grandmaster Ark Y. Wong

Hello everyone, Here is a video of Grandmaster Wong teaching Applications and self defense techniques to students in the mid 70's Enjoy. George Sanchez, Ng Ga Kuen "Paz"
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtICwAMeWPs