Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "WAR" aka "Rogue" starring Jet Li and Jason Statham

In What has to be the fastest comeback from retirement!!!!

here is the anouncement for jets new movie with mr. transporter himself jason statham:

http://kungfucinema.com/2006/012402.htm

so much for retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sombody must of smacked his arse and told him he couldn't act for beans, and kicking and punching was the only way he was ever gonna make movie's.

i blame morgan freeman for gassing his ass up into thinking he could act. because anybody who stands next to him(morgan) looks like the ****.(i'm just joking but, still have you ever notice every film he's in, the acting skill just jumps up about five points)

jet never "retired" from movies, his statement was misinterpreted and he has since gone on and corrected it.

He states that he is going to stop doing WUSHU movies, you know high flying hard on the body type stuff. He will however do action movies, you know the use wires, and stuntmen, and bad choreography, type stuff

i know

yes i know that i read the article. just putting out there for anyone who hasn't, also i think he wasn't mis-quoted i just think he forgot about hollywood contracts and how iron clad they are.

I personally think jet li(and all martial arts actors) should stay away from hollywood, IMHO they destroy the actors reputation

Hollywood had no idea how to create a good fighting movie, nor do they no what to with one once they get there hands on one(hence all the crappy releases of asan MA movies)

but that leads to the greedy HK directors who sell there work to a shady hollywood studio for money, DONT DO IT, they will destroy your work

Has anybody seen fearless?

rogue!!!

i know we have the jet li retirement thread, but lets talk about his post fearless flick, Rogue, it a typical actioner: " my partner got killed, i'm bitter and want revenge", but thats not necesarly a bad thing it's all about how you re-package it(if tarrintino has taught us anything it's that) and re stylize it. the film stars jason statham(transporter), devon aoki(sin city), and jet li(rogue). Jet plays a villian in this film if only to have whats sure to be a good end fight with statham, the plot goes:"An FBI Agent seeks vengeance on a mysterious assassin known as "Rogue" who murdered his partner" see simple and straight off of imdb. the film is directed by philip G. Atwell now anybody who has seen any video from eminem doc dre. 50 cent and the whole shady/afermath/gunit crew, then you know philips work, and i'm sure he'll do a good job. my one prob with the film is a MR. corey yuen as second unit action director,okay before all corey yuen fans get ****sed and turn into wrestling monsters(ala' black mask two, again corey yuen) and try to kill me, lets face it the guys fight scene's are tired same stuff all the time same thing with the hand cuffs, same crap all the time, now back in the day i was a huge C.Y. fan but he's still the same so the action in this film might look something like, the one or transporter(not bad but not good either), we'll have to wait and see. anyway what do ya'll thing of this film...........

ghost of this ship

I hoe that all these guys have leanred from their past movie experiences. I love Jason Statham but he SUCKED in the one. Corey yuen, more bad than good with jet. Director... well see And thoughts of jet as the villian, I like him in serious roles, a lot. I have always believed that the villian needs to be BADass but not too many can look tougher then jet, that is something I will look forward to.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

badaSS jet

jet does make a pretty good bad guy and that could be the deciding point in this film. we'll see

Jet Li's new movie

Hey ghost of this sh**, when does Rogue come out? It sounds OK on IMDB I guess but I would really like to know more about this. It has Kane Kosugi in it. Anyone who has seen Bloodheat(Musceheat) knows that this guy can be a star. I have my fingers crossed that him and Jet have a fight scene.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

"WAR" aka "Rogue" starring Jet Li and Jason Statham

Check out the trailer for Jet and Jason's new movie "WAR" aka "Rogue"
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20385

cool! Silent Assassin speaks!!

It's still Rogue on Lionsgate's site.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

war

yeah they changed the name to war for whatever reason but its called war now. the story is ehhh... but video directors usually make pretty decent action films(philip G.Atwell who has directed almost every eminem and 50cent video is helming this project)

looks like jet mastered the judo katana there...

ill watch it
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

looks fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The new official site

From Lionsgate:
    WAR
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart