Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Make An 'off Topic' Area!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I think youshould be banned just for bringing this up. Gene? GE-EENE!

ohhh, Gee-eeeennne......

If there was an Off Topic area, RD would have to have another log in.

Reply]
    Speaking of that, when is someone going to fix my frik'n profile so I can see the main forum anyway?

don't bother me now...

I'm trying to sleep. It was a long weekend...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Get out of here with your selfish nerdy self.

I second the BAN idea.
    Bless you

Ban both of them
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Cool now that there is a MMA section

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE AN "OFF TOPIC - Whatever goes" section too!!!!!!!?????

PLEASE.

This sections, esp this one, is getting really clogged up with the political and so on threads.

Every other discussion group site has an area that all the off topics stuff goes too, can we please have it too?

Most people only have a few minutes a day to enjoy this site and all the off topic threads really should be held in their own area.

Thanks!
    we didn't make a new mma section per se - we just reformatted an existing section. Which section could we possibly change to an off topic forum, if we were to to that?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I say go ahead and open an off topic forum, and instead of banning people, we banish them there.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

whats with all the locked threads?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Because Tigerclaw doesn't want people to come here and look at their advertising. Its much better to close down threads that generate a lot of interest.

Will someone please ban RD until he figures out how to quote correctly?

Will someone please ban RD until he figures out how to quote correctly?

Reply]

I think I am already banned for that...why else would I have to post under my secret trolling alias?

Interesting move

This is a good place for new forum suggestions actually. I'm not sure about where a good place for the political threads would be yet. I'm still inclined to keep them up on the main forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Normal for any discussion group to have an off topic area that people can post whatever they want to there.

Kung Fu forum should be just that.

Most people only have a few minutes a day that they can check out the threads and if they have any more spare minutes, post something.

It wastes valuable time have to page through loads of off topic threads to find something relevant.
    It makes many people reluctant to post a new thread about something kung fu related because it will get lost amongst the goofy or political or religious or whatever rants.

There's lots of people avoiding the main Kung Fu forum area cause of all the off topic stuff.

If you can post off topic stuff here, you can post it anywhere then.

There's no good reason to not have a separate forum area for off topic threads, every other site is functioning just fine that way.

Quote:

Kung Fu forum:
    "The flagship discussion roundtable of Kung Fu Magazine, open to all topics related to the Chinese Martial Arts."

it doesn't say ". . . sometimes, and the rest of the time it is full of topics that are not related to Chinese Martial Arts at all"

does it?

it sucks when people I want to converse with start avoiding the Kung Fu forum
    and I have to post stuff in the wrong forum just so these people will notice it.
    Plenty of people have been telling me they now avoid going to the main forum.
    Is that what you want?

Off Topic and On Topic can peacefully co exist. I think you make some great positive contributions to the forum. I was just joking when I said ban you.

The main board gets a lot of attention becuase of the off topic stuff. More people will read threads that are there because they go there for off topic stuff.

I don't see what the big problem is?
    Bless you