Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA Mcdojo

WTF is Tongilmoodo ???

tonsil hockey in Korea ??

Not the first, nor the last... buyer beware.

http://www.tongilmoodo.com/

Looks kinda cult like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    http://www.tongilmoodo.com/

Looks kinda cult like to me.
    Ok then... a tad too cultish for my taste but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Look at the photo on thier maiin page, it's all guys doing things in the air wearing Karate Gi's!!

Everyone knows Mixed Martial arts only wears Muy Tai shorts, no shirt and lots of tattoos!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Look at the photo on thier maiin page, it's all guys doing things in the air wearing Karate Gi's!!

Everyone knows Mixed Martial arts only wears Muy Tai shorts, no shirt and lots of tattoos!!
    Those aren't tattoos, they are product placement adds.
    I think I saw STP and Mobile 1 on one guy.

Lol!!

.................................................. ..............>
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Who cares if they are M$dojo, they have
    1)Showers (this is NYC nobody has a shower(s)!)
    2) they have a weight room
    3) mats and bags and lots of room.

Doesn't mean I am going to waste my money on all that nice "extra" stuff.. but if you join and meet some people to train on your own.. it would be a nice place to do that.

Front for Rev Moon's unification church cult.... use martial arts to snare unsuspecting suckers
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET-"signed by Rev Sun Myung Moon-leader of the Unification Church."
    well, as I've said before, the time is ripe for cults like them to crop up again, because people do not remember the Moonies. This is why falun gong has gained such power. Old burnt-out hippies, and young naieve college age kids. These groups start out innocently enough-they have groups in all the colleges, or nearby,like splinter cells, and they use all the catch-phrases-qigong,now MMA (is nothing sacred?), pretty soon they will start using the same terms we hear from guys like Deepak Chopra, and other modern day sages, and another group of "seekers" will be sucked in. When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.

the difference between an mma mcdojo and a normal mcdojo

is that the mma mcdojo wont last

soon someone will come in practising real martial arts and beat the crap out of them in sparring
    giving them a really bad rep in the process

this doesnot happen to other such schools
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    the last two months issues of AWMA and Century's industry mags have been full of the 'mma revolution' articles.

only time will tell...20 years from now will we be be talking about whatever the new thing is (let's see...it should be arnis again at that point) and about how ineffective mma is because it doesn't take weapons into account???

to paraphrase MP...do what you do but do it hard and safe and the chafe will fly off in the wind and you'll be left with something usable when you need it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    the difference between an mma mcdojo and a normal mcdojo

is that the mma mcdojo wont last

soon someone will come in practising real martial arts and beat the crap out of them in sparring
    giving them a really bad rep in the process

this doesnot happen to other such schools
    If it’s a MMA mcdojo, I don't think they'd be sparring that way. If they are, chances are it's not a MMA mcdojo.
    Last edited by The Xia; 05-17-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    lol. this made me laugh.

in thier first paragraph instead of it saying "martial" it reads "martia" LOL
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!