and then the head instructor complained

"martia"
    "martia"
    "martia"

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.
    don't forget, the greatest of them all, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh - who, despite being shut down by the US Fed Gov at one point, and totally disgraced publically, is back in full swing in India at his "Multiversity" in Poona (I think), using the name Osu...

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    and then the head instructor complained

"martia"
    "martia"
    "martia"

mom always said, don't do MMA in the house...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    sigh...Jan...a young boys mind is a terrible thing...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    the difference between an mma mcdojo and a normal mcdojo

is that the mma mcdojo wont last

soon someone will come in practising real martial arts and beat the crap out of them in sparring
    giving them a really bad rep in the process

this doesnot happen to other such schools
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong. This happens quite often . The memory fades. And new students join to fill in the gaps of any students lost.

The memory fades. And new students join to fill in the gaps of any students lost.
    True.

There is very little we can do to prevent the rise of MMA Mcdojos. However, like Judo, wrestling, boxing and other sportive combat arts, the built in regulator of competition reputation will always ensure that top quality instruction is:

1. Available
    2. Easy to find
    3. Common

If I want to train in a good Judo, wrestling or boxing program, I know where/who I have to hook up with, because the standard is universally recognized. The same is true of MMA. Off the top of my head... Team Lloyd Irvin, Miletich Fighting Systems, American Top Team, Brazilian Top Team, Chute Boxe, Team Quest, Renzo Gracie...

San shou has their "big 7" or whatever.

Compare/contrast this with the state of "TMA" where there is no universally recognized standard or yardstick, and people get in endless wars about who really knows what style, who's really teaching good stuff, putting out good students, etc.

People might argue about "what trainer/camp is BETTER," in the MMA world, but nobody would actually say with a straight face that Chute Boxe doesn't put out "the real deal," while Miletich Fighting Systems does.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET-"signed by Rev Sun Myung Moon-leader of the Unification Church."
    well, as I've said before, the time is ripe for cults like them to crop up again, because people do not remember the Moonies. This is why falun gong has gained such power. Old burnt-out hippies, and young naieve college age kids. These groups start out innocently enough-they have groups in all the colleges, or nearby,like splinter cells, and they use all the catch-phrases-qigong,now MMA (is nothing sacred?), pretty soon they will start using the same terms we hear from guys like Deepak Chopra, and other modern day sages, and another group of "seekers" will be sucked in. When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.
    "Moonies" is a term of disrespect, and you're a wog if you use it, you wog. The Holy Light and Reverend Sun Myung Moon is a great man, and he blessed me with my ex-wife, for which I am grateful.

To mega foot

May your heart be rent asunder and may your spine be split apart
    May your ribs be rent asunder and may your neck and head be split open

Funny, those were the vows my ex-wife exchanged when the Rev. Sung Myung Moon unblessed our nuptials and split us asunder.

Rev. Sung Myung Moon can suck a ****

I'm trying to figure out why they won't let you write soda without being censored.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    oh, but you are wrong, my Ninja tabi'd brother. I write **** all the time, and it never gets censored.

Ftw!

I claim this thread today.

McDonald's shows support for mixed martial arts
    February 18, 2013
    By: Eric Holden

McDonald's shows support for MMA
    Credits: Courtesy of Aislynn Medina

According to a Feb. 18 report from SalemNews.com, the success of the quick-serve restaurant business relies largely on being instantly recognized by traffic passing the site, and that is exactly what McDonald's shoots for with its signage.

Typically, McDonald's signs feature special messages about burger deals and discounts of the day, but one of the franchise's establishments in Denver recently posted a message showing support for the sport of mixed martial arts.

The sign said "We Love Shameless MMA," a local Denver radio show that keeps a steady pulse on the heart of Colorado MMA.

“As you are aware, the success of the quick-serve restaurant business relies largely on being instantly recognized by traffic passing the site,” McDonald’s engineering firm, Bohler Engineering of Southborough, wrote in a letter to the Zoning Board of Appeals seeking a variance for a new McDonald's sign in Salem.

Props to McDonald's for giving instant recognition to MMA by having constant traffic passing the Denver sign.

No word yet on how long the sign will be up, or the reasons why it was posted.

The Shameless MMA radio show looks to bring listeners the latest in MMA news and information, as well as keep a steady finger on the pulse of Colorado Mixed Martial Arts.

It is their goal to maintain the integrity of the sport and provide a reliable and entertaining source for both the hardcore and casual MMA fans.

Its hosts are deeply rooted in the world of MMA, the listeners and fans enjoy hearing from them all the latest news about the world’s fastest growing sport.

Until now, Burger King was the only fast food giant to post advertising in the cage at MMA events. Perhaps McDonald's sign in Denver is a precursor to more advertising from them during MMA events.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That's a special sauce kind of awesome.

And fitting, since a great many of the MMA t-shirt practitioners I've met lately seem to prefer McDONALD'S to the salad bar.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.