Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liu He Ba Fa or shaolin-do

Cool Liu He Ba Fa or shaolin-do

In my city there are only 3 types of martial arts schools. There is taekwondo, Liu He Ba Fa and shaolin-do. I did the taekwondo for 2 years and wasn't to pleased with it. Do you think I should take Liu He Ba Fa or shaolin-do next?

P.S. I don't care if shaolin-do is from china or not, i'm talking about effectivness.

Is suicide an option?

No disrespect to those other fine arts, but it might do you some good to be reincarnated in LA, so that you can join my Shao-lin Ninja commune.

Say, do you have a MAster's Degree?

Where are you from?

I'd do the Liu He Ba fa if it was me.

id vote for Liu He Ba Fa. but check out everyhting first. if the teachers are bad, none of these could be "effective". dont rule out others stuff if its there if you want effective fightting. boxing, judo, mma, etc.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Blog Entries
    I'd say Liu He Ba Fa but you need to check out the teacher to see if they know WTF they are doing.

It doesn't matter which art you pick for "effectiveness's" sake. Find out which one does the most sparring with less rules. That will be the most effective art.

Also, internal martial arts are ineffective unless supplemented with heavy external arts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Also, internal martial arts are ineffective unless supplemented with heavy external arts.
    Nice troll...I give it a 2

You're biased. But you know it's true. It's why senior's with plastic hips and 70's haircuts practice the chi. Don't see any old ninjas, do you?

3 words: seppuku at 60.

Ninja's can't fight thier way out of a paper bag even when they are vastly outnumbering thier opponent.

That's very true, sadly. Many ninja clans have disgraced our name. But it doesn't change the fact that tai chi isn't good for fighting; at least, for anything more than pushing grandpa out of the way to get my medicaid, or finger striking a cantaloupe, or threatening to push over the phone card stand with a wardoff press and push at the drugstore when the cashier refuses to redeem an expired coupon that you've already misinterpreted as giving you a free lifetime supply of adult diapers.

We should cross hands some time. Let me know next time you are in the Chicago area.

You will never know when I am in the Chicago area. Unless you've been hyperactive in your tai chi sensitivity exercises.

Ignore the troll under the bridge.

The advice that it depends on the teacher is the best advice you can receive. What city do you live? I'll be glad to share with you my opinion of the teacher of SD in your area (privately, by P.M., of course). I have an excellent SD teacher and I think it is very effective (especially if you have a thick skin with regard to the negative opinions of the art's history and lineage that you see here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Cool

The teacher for Liu He Ba Fa is Paul Dillon. I forgot the name of the shaolin-do teacher. I actually just got back from watching Paul Dillon and his students practicing. In 2 weeks I'm going to try it out. About 1 month ago I watched a Shaolin-Do class. I liked both of the teachers and they both seemed to know what they were talking about.