Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Soccer

Tuxedo

OK, anyone know the release date for Tuxedo or Shaolin Soccer? And where can I see these trailers (is Tuxedo with Spy Kids 2 too?) Clue in your ol' administrator.

BTW, I plan to show Shaolin Soccer at our warm-up welcoming party at our 10 Year Anniversary. The Hotel Sports Bar will let me use their big screens, and if I get enough people in that bar, I plan to take over all the screens with kungfu flicks. Check it out at http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/10yr/index.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene, Both were at Spy Kids 2. Do I win a copy of the Police KF tape now? C'mon Gene, I've taken up Yang style Tai Chi, I buy every issue of KFM at B&N , I'll even shave my head and start wearing hooded swear shirts. I even have a CD of the Persuasions doing GD songs. C'mon give me a free video, PLEEEZE!!! I'll be your friend.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

The Tuxedo will be released on October 11. Not sure about Shaolin Soccer, but keep your eye on kungfucinema.com's preview page for a release date.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/previews.htm

We demand more kungfu flicks!

Thanks Lisa, cool site!

rogue: I never give spare change to beggars. They only spend it on more junk. And the Persuasions doing GD? That doesn't count. You new ager.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well, well, well Mr Gene Smartypants, wasn't that exchange pleasant.
    "I never give spare change to beggars."
    I was asking for a free video Mr. Ching, not spare change.

"And the Persuasions doing GD? That doesn't count."
    Oh yeah that's right they don't count, is that because the Persuasions can sing in key?

"You new ager",
    Oh very nice. Look, considering that you are the only one here to see the part of George Michaels that goes over the fence last, (or is it the part that backs into a stall in a public restroom first?), I wouldn't be resorting to name calling sir.

I'll also be switching to reading a real kung fu magazine, Inside Kung Fu. I hear that they'll be soon running an article titled the many hair styles of Gene Ching.

In parting I'd just like to say in my natural Queens New Yawk accent, I HAVE YOUR DOAIST LONGEVITY RIGHT HERE PAL!!!

PS Gene, if you were just joking and are going to send me the Jing Dao tapes, please disregard this post.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

rogue

Spare change - videos, it's all the same to me when that beggers hand is out.

If you sing GD songs on key, they lose something. It's all about pitch, man. Hippies don't dig that. It's like that old joke, What did the deadhead say after he gave up drugs? "wow, these guys really do suck."

As for Gm's bum, well, I tell you, after working in music for over a decade and a half, I've seen a lot of unsavory things. A LOT. But i'd still call the Persuasions more new age than hippy, especially their covers of GD songs.

If IKF covered my hairstyles, they'd be following in our footsteps once again. But after a comment like that, you really think you're going to get a free video? Let alone one of our best sellers? Come on rogue, cough up the $40. At your currrent 1142 posts, that's less then 4 cents for each of your two cents. is that so much to ask?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, how can a bunch of old black guys be new age? One of them is missing half his teeth.

I was into the NYC punk scene circa 1976-1983, you may have seen a lot of unsavory things, but I was an unsavory thing.

OK Gene I'll buy the tapes, I guess I can skip taking my wife out for dinner and buying her an anniversary present this year. No Disney trip for the kids either. Seriously though, are you thinking of putting any videos out on DVD? I thought I'd have seen more material showing up on that medium by now.

PS I was only kidding about IKF.

DM

Come on you two. Just suck face and get it over with. Or find a room. You're embarrassing yourselves!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

i know. the passion and lust between this two is so thick, you can't cut it without a diamond.

serpent is right -- get a room.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

ROTFLMAO at Gene and Rogue.

Rogue,
    Gene's picky about the new age/hippy thing, ain't he?

Gene,
    I've got an album of Burl Ives singing Bob Dylan tunes. I'll trade you that for a video.

The Rest,
    Gene and Rogue will never last. Rogues a little bit country, Gene's a little bit rock and roll, in this case, I'd say it'll never work out.(A few of the old timers have a really heinous song going through their heads right now, thanks aren't necessary).

Gene again,
    I've also got some childhood 45's. How about "Sister Mary Elephant"? What ya got for that one?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

From shaolin soccer to my and rogue!?!

r: Old black guys can be new age, they just gotta sell to that crowd. Man, I wish I could sell to the new age. Nunchuks scare them too much. Maybe if I could adorn them with crystals...

We've been looking at DVD conversion for some of our more popular videos. The start up is pretty prohibitive at this point, but it's coming down, so we're still looking in to it. We've done some VCD, but that format tends confuse a lot of people. we've been toying with the idea of condensing a complete series into a single DVD, something I've been pushing for a lot, but there's been a lot of resistence from the powers that be. Still chipping at it, tho...

serp & rtb: You all are just jealous.

KC: Ives sings Dylan? Seriously? What does he cover?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'll find the sleeve and post the song list. It's scary.

I've also got a 45 of "Billy Don't be a Hero" that goes on whenever my wife makes trouble. It's my version of spousal abuse.

And, of course, "Basetball Jones"
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

"Kung fu Soccer" changed back to "Shaolin Soccer"?

Hi, all --

I went to see "Undisputed" last night and during the previews they showed the "Kung Fu Soccer" trailer -- only this time the title is back to "Shaolin Soccer."

The goalie still has underwear painted on, though.

Did Miramax make a concession to the movie's fans?
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

I don't know about the title, but if the preview was "rated for all audiences" they would have had to paint tht underware on. it doesn't necessarily mean it is like that in the movie.

~Drache~

i just watched the movie for the first time last night

i have to say its the funniest **** movie i've seen in a long time

shaolin gung fu hoooo yeaaaa!
    Travis

structure in motion