Thread: Beng Bu

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    I saw this vid earlier. Nicely done! Very similar to how I learned it, though it is missing a few moves at the end of the second road.
    Thank you! It's not missing the movements, maybe just from different versions. I have saw many mantis books and all the masters do it differently too. I have done many and chose the one I like more which flows the best for me.

This is seven star mantis. Just in case you thought it is CCK..
    Last edited by CYMac; 04-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Thank you! It's not missing the movements, maybe just from different versions. I have saw many mantis books and all the masters do it differently too. I have done many and chose the one I like more which flows the best for me.

This is seven star mantis. Just in case you thought it is CCK..
    Yes, I misspoke. I just meant it was missing a few movements as I learned it.
    I have also seen MANY versions. Yours does look very smooth.
    Yes, I recognized it as Seven Star, probably stemming from Hong Kong. The version I learned was the Northern Praying Mantis (Wong Hon Fan) version.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Yes, I misspoke. I just meant it was missing a few movements as I learned it.
    I have also seen MANY versions. Yours does look very smooth.
    Yes, I recognized it as Seven Star, probably stemming from Hong Kong. The version I learned was the Northern Praying Mantis (Wong Hon Fan) version.
    Won Hon Fan is very good too as I see his mantis books are nicely postured. The next generation from him, Yuen Man Kai is still alive in hongkong but I don't like his style when I see him perform because it's way too flowery..

I saw your website just now, interesting and cool stuff! Your videos are nice too!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    I saw your website just now, interesting and cool stuff! Your videos are nice too!
    Thank you!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!