Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beng Bu

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Certainly Shifu Lai's speed and power are not present in his video.
    I wasn't thinking about that.

More so the details of the motions.

In general, it has the overall sequence of Bung Bo. But the details, connections, and body mechanics are very drastically different, regardless of speed or power.

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    how come? even the master above see it and feel familiar, it's seven star praying mantis. Where did you learn yours and do you have a video to show so that I can see what you mean?
    Yes, familiar to 7* of HK, except a few important points are different.
    In 2nd road when it comes to waist chop you don't follow HK 7* which is like this:

Yao Zhan
    (from the article The Waist Chop of Mantis Boxing

After waist chop your version leaves out 6 techniques and substitutes other techniuqes.

I have not posted a video of myself doing beng Bu, but other vids of myself are on this channel.
    This is my Shifu performing Lanjie

You are a new poster here, you have put up a bunch of videos of yourself doing Praying Mantis. Your website mentions slogans such as we are the best... and truth revealed....

Praying Mantis kung fu is not a very large family would you tell us who your shifu of Mantis is? Most people who post here are already knwon who they studied with etc,
    example, short bio fo my Shifu

My kungfu is MY kungfu. I do it my way which I like it, and I am not a robot. Those who just know how to copy directly become a kungfu-slave or kungfu-copier only. Which means they did not really blend it with them.

All masters in kungfu (in history and now) have their own view on kungfu and do modification to their own style or forms to make it fit them more and so it become their style of kungfu. I am no different from them. As you can see, I teach kungfu but my center core is Tin Yat Lineage. You can see that I only do the other styles for fun and to teach those who like to learn them from me only. Those who want to learn HK style can go to HK, those who like X style can go to X person, but I offer what I show, and those who like it can take it, simple as that.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

CY, there is no neeed to get defensive. You are the one who put up videos and asked our opinions. When we gave them to you, you start defending and becoming resentful.

Perhaps you will someday tell us who you learned from....... seems to me it might be from books or videos. There are people on this board who know just about everything from just about every lineage of mantis. take heed to the comments and knowledge.

Seeing as how you live in Toronto and I am right over the bridge, you may want to come vist my school and I can show you a little and correct your movements. Also next sat I am having a IP seminar with Josh walker from Plumb dragon in FLA, surely not to be missed.......

PS can you explian your tag line saying master with only 15 years experience? I'm in 30th year and still consider myself a student
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 04-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

PS can you explian your tag line saying master with only 15 years experience? I'm in 30th year and still consider myself a student

The only thing this guy is a master of is being a fraud and a few fries short of a happy meal!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    PS can you explian your tag line saying master with only 15 years experience
    oh, that's very easy:
    http://www.chiinnature.com/kungfu_master_bio.html
    Mak Jo Si's Kungfu Biography

Learning since the age of eight, and he was talented in all kinds of kungfu but started with the kungfu of Seven Star Praying Mantis and Yang style Taichi. Mak Jo Si have mastered the 108 Taichi form by himself from reading a book in only 3 hours for his first time learning Taichi and he was shocking the people around by his genius kungfu talent!

During his teens, he have learned more lineages for various masters in person such as Hung Gar, Wingchun, Taichi, Mantis and Chi Gung. At his leisure time, he also learn kungfu himself from different sources as well and so he also practiced and learned BaJi, XingYi, BaGwa Jeung, and so on. The learning experience with a real master was horrible because he did not benefit much from them except for the wingchun experience which gave him a chance to proof how close minded the wingchun's master is. They cannot think logically and practical and always called themselves "practical". These masters of age from 38-59s are all closed minded and are not pleasant to be around. They do not practice kungfu themselves everyday and they are actually living in the world of Chinese kungfu novels only and not the real world. All they do is talk and gossip about the fantasize version of kungfu. Mak Jo Si is sick and tired of them and decided to leave them all and practice on his own instead to have the fun.

In 2009, because the kungfu Mak Jo Si learned from the past with all these horrible masters, he got serious injuries all over the body. With his right leg temporary disabled and all kinds of pain and aches around the body and joints, he was not able to do any kungfu at all. He have to stop and terminate his kungfu teaching. That must be the end of his life of kungfu!

No, not at all! During the fall of 2009, Mak Jo Si gained the ability of communicating with the deities and Taoverse Deity take care of him. Taoverse Deity taught him kungfu directly and actually helped him recover from the injuries in the past in a few months! The teachings were way different from the past human being masters, it is very different and very direct. The training is just intense enough to make Mak Jo Si enjoy for the whole day. Everyday, Mak Jo Si go through hundreds of forms, practicing from bare fist forms to weapons, and it's over 100 forms he practice everyday! If you can see, Mak Jo Si then really knows a lot of forms and kungfu! He practice them everyday from morning to late afternoon for the whole year round.

Now he is reducing the load because he have to focus on other things such as business and other subjects to learn from the deities. But it is still very intense and he is non stop working hard on his kungfu as well! If you ever learn from Mak Jo Si, he will teach you anything you want with everything he knows! The best kungfu master ever!

any questions?

CY, there is no neeed to get defensive. You are the one who put up videos and asked our opinions. When we gave them to you, you start defending and becoming resentful.

Perhaps you will someday tell us who you learned from....... seems to me it might be from books or videos. There are people on this board who know just about everything from just about every lineage of mantis. take heed to the comments and knowledge.

Seeing as how you live in Toronto and I am right over the bridge, you may want to come vist my school and I can show you a little and correct your movements. Also next sat I am having a IP seminar with Josh walker from Plumb dragon in FLA, surely not to be missed.......

I started Taoism around 4 but I am just a student and following paths. Starting 1996, I started to work as a Taoist and service the public, starting my career helping others to do exorcism and also teaching kungfu in the mean while as my side job. Until today. That's 15 years of experience. (career).

If you judge what I teach, it's up to you, because I never ask you to by my student. If you still consider yourself a student after 30yrs in kungfu, it's because you did not advance and not willing to take the (or not wanting to) responsibility to teach well. If a master don't know his stuff well enough, they always think they are still a student.

Just like adults who grown up, you cannot think you are a kid anymore, you must accept the fact you are a father or an adult. Or else you will never grow up. That's the reality, don't try to be nice all the time. Even if you are a father, you gotta be a father, you cannot still think you are a kid, you got some people to look after you know?

I got students to look after and I take full responsibility of what I teach to them and so I am more than confident to tell you I am a master or a teacher whatever term you like. Master is what I use in my way, and so that's how I typed it.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    The only thing this guy is a master of is being a fraud and a few fries short of a happy meal!!
    Don't say I am a fraud, because I am a porcupine. If you wanna say I am a fraud, then you gotta proof it. I do what I do and I service the public with what I have, if you aren't happy or aren't wanting it, just leave. Those who enjoyed our service (like exorcism and other things) do enjoyed them very much as I see it in 15 years. If you are jealous of people, then it's okay.

Don't say I am a fraud, because I am a porcupine. If you wanna say I am a fraud, then you gotta proof it. I do what I do and I service the public with what I have, if you aren't happy or aren't wanting it, just leave. Those who enjoyed our service (like exorcism and other things) do enjoyed them very much as I see it in 15 years. If you are jealous of people, then it's okay.

You've already proven it yourself. You're a fraud.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    You've already proven it yourself. You're a fraud.
    Only those who are jealous will say so. At least none of my clients say this kind of stuff. They know it work by their heart because it worked. You? I don't think you are even qualified to judge anything since you don't even know me. Get lost, eat some porcupine cakes.

That's called the placebo effect. And it has absolutely nothing to do with you. They believe something will work, and so it does.

It has nothing to do with your crayon drawings you're selling them.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Those who enjoyed our service (like exorcism and other things) do enjoyed them very much
    PT Barnum said it "there's a sucker born every minute"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

we must always remember when doing kuen, to move the body as one.

This is where you get the power generation, formless form and fluidity.
    I see many places adn movements where the arms are moving yet the feet are stationary, as wll as the shoulders moving but the hips are not, and to go deeper the external is moving but the internal is not.

Concentrate on having the body in constant continuous motion all the time and you will enjoy your form much better. be well

Excellent points of view.

How do you define external and internal?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    interesting; here is what I stated about his taiji form:

"I find his movement to be rigid and lacking connection; he is "performing" instead of "living" the movement;"

What do you mean by

he is "performing" instead of "living" the movement;

My kungfu is MY kungfu. I do it my way which I like it, and I am not a robot. Those who just know how to copy directly become a kungfu-slave or kungfu-copier only. Which means they did not really blend it with them.

All masters in kungfu (in history and now) have their own view on kungfu and do modification to their own style or forms to make it fit them more and so it become their style of kungfu. I am no different from them. As you can see, I teach kungfu but my center core is Tin Yat Lineage.

You can see that I only do the other styles for fun and to teach those who like to learn them from me only. Those who want to learn HK style can go to HK, those who like X style can go to X person, but I offer what I show, and those who like it can take it, simple as that.

You have big ambition which is good if it goes in positive direction.

Have you ever think what if

it is you who dont have deep enough basic to achieve the kung fu,

and mysterism and or modification is not going to solve the issue of lack of basic kung fu?