Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beng Bu

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I would not say your point is not valid, i am saying you need to define your point otherwise no one knows what you are talking about and I dont want to guess.
    well, i understand what you are saying, and you do make a valid point; and again, typically I'd write up a whole detailed description of what is going on w the breath, the posture, the connective tissue structure in context of tensegrity concept, the fluids, the autonomics, etc., etc., etc.; but lately, I've been in a less pedantic mood , for whatever reason (mayb it's all of the gardening, digging in the earth for a week); so from digging in the earth, carrying bags of mulch, planting veggies, etc., all in context of my personal "practice", the lines blurs, the distinction between "this is practice" / "this is not practice" dissolves, and I am at a loss to re-gell things at the moment; but I do appreciate your perspective and sincere inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    so from digging in the earth, carrying bags of mulch, planting veggies, etc., all in context of my personal "practice", the lines blurs, the distinction between "this is practice" / "this is not practice" dissolves, and I am at a loss to re-gell things at the moment;
    I'm with ya there dude. I have the blisters to prove it
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

well, i understand what you are saying, and you do make a valid point; and again, typically I'd write up a whole detailed description of what is going on w the breath, the posture, the connective tissue structure in context of tensegrity concept, the fluids, the autonomics, etc., etc., etc.; but lately, I've been in a less pedantic mood , for whatever reason (mayb it's all of the gardening, digging in the earth for a week); so from digging in the earth, carrying bags of mulch, planting veggies, etc., all in context of my personal "practice", the lines blurs, the distinction between "this is practice" / "this is not practice" dissolves, and I am at a loss to re-gell things at the moment; but I do appreciate your perspective and sincere inquiry

Thanks for the explanation.

What I have seen is that TCMA has reached a point that "What " is not clearly told and up for everyone to define. That is trouble. As lots and lots will say" that is my style " to fuzzy up the "What". or substitute Zen, Dao....Now ... Being...ect for a clear "What". That is also trouble.

Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Don't say I am a fraud, because I am a porcupine. If you wanna say I am a fraud, then you gotta proof it. I do what I do and I service the public with what I have, if you aren't happy or aren't wanting it, just leave. Those who enjoyed our service (like exorcism and other things) do enjoyed them very much as I see it in 15 years. If you are jealous of people, then it's okay.

I believe you are not a fraud. probably has good heart trying to do the best too with high responsibility feeling.

However, reading your view on religions and spiritual and kungfu cultivation in your website. It is evidentally that you are young, naive, and with tunnel vision. like the world in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDuymwTln7A

I would not like to travel your path because that is a dangerous path. Perhaps I am getting too old.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-22-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks for the explanation.

What I have seen is that TCMA has reached a point that "What " is not clearly told and up for everyone to define. That is trouble. As lots and lots will say" that is my style " to fuzzy up the "What". or substitute Zen, Dao....Now ... Being...ect for a clear "What". That is also trouble.
    this I agree with - anyone can say anything they want - anyone can call what they do Dao, Ch'an, Qi etc. - PERSONALLY I don't typically use any of those terms, because they are "well-defined" within their own methodologies - for example, to do the 100 Days OPening of the Microcosmic Orbit, there is a very specific methodology; I was taught it, I used it, but I don't teach it or really even talk about it, because it's very precise, and I am not into throwing around precise terms without fully understanding them - which is why I use what I know well, the contemporary anatomy/ physiology, etc. - of course, I don't teach this stuff either, when I work with patients on body-mechanics it's not at this level (although I do teach them to "float" their cranium on top of their spine, and sometimes someone is good enough to get the connection to their feet, but that's uncommon); so, again, i think it's ok for someone to have their own personal "way", but they shouldn't pull out a term like "qi" that they don't realy understand to explain what they are doing when they don't know how else to explain it...

this I agree with - anyone can say anything they want - anyone can call what they do Dao, Ch'an, Qi etc. - PERSONALLY I don't typically use any of those terms, because they are "well-defined" within their own methodologies - for example, to do the 100 Days OPening of the Microcosmic Orbit, there is a very specific methodology; I was taught it, I used it, but I don't teach it or really even talk about it, because it's very precise, and I am not into throwing around precise terms without fully understanding them - which is why I use what I know well, the contemporary anatomy/ physiology, etc. - of course, I don't teach this stuff either, when I work with patients on body-mechanics it's not at this level (although I do teach them to "float" their cranium on top of their spine, and sometimes someone is good enough to get the connection to their feet, but that's uncommon); so, again, i think it's ok for someone to have their own personal "way", but they shouldn't pull out a term like "qi" that they don't realy understand to explain what they are doing when they don't know how else to explain it...

sure, either we contribute to solution or we contribute to more confusion.

I believe you are not a fraud.
    either you are not paying attention or you have poor reading comprehension skills
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    either you are not paying attention or you have poor reading comprehension skills

I give him the freedom of how he wants to live his life.

Like the Eagle cannot tell a Chicken how to live....

For me, Marc is living in the fantasy HK movie
    like this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvcK...eature=related

but then if he is happy and the people around him is happy. I need to accept that.

as for how distance the HK fantasy movie is to reality... that is a totally different question.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrik View Post
    i give him the freedom of how he wants to live his life.

Like the eagle cannot tell a chicken how to live....
    lame answer
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

no, actually, i get what he's saying - meaning the CYMac isn't intentionally out to scam people, he sincerely believes in himself and what he's doing (of course, so did several other "colorful characters" during the early to mid-20th century, but I digress);

so he's a looney, but he's a happy looney...

now, about that Legion of Doom photoshop assingment..

The true issue here in this Kung Fu forum has surfaced is that

What went wrong that cause the general us including Marc that missed the under waist training basic that cause training problem.

Where in which state of Kung fu training that needs to be focus and taking care of?

I believe Marc has decades of training and internal and external training following different coach. however the issue is why is this important basic missed the attention?

That would be cool to solve this issue.

lame answer

There is no point to heck him. Accept him as who he is and a part of this world. let him be who he is. May be he is happy May be he suffers.... we dont know.

sniff sniff...........My little Hendrik has finally grown up!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    sniff sniff...........My little Hendrik has finally grown up!
    and it only took a bat-sh1t crazy Taoist Celestial Master Porcupine named Forrest to do it!

hey...maybe this guys HAS got something

and it only took a bat-sh1t crazy Taoist Celestial Master Porcupine named Forrest to do it!

hey...maybe this guys HAS got something
    He's got magic something........but I think they're beans!

And he ate them!