Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloves

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I don't have any problem out of the thumb. If I am hitting a bag the knuckle covering gives me fits though. It pushes back or something when I throw hooks and it feels funny.
    that's what I was thinking might happen and that it might snag while grappling.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I don't have that problem, but I throw all my hooks palm-inside.

The gloves can get in the way while grappling, but you gotta make some concessions if you want contact and safety. No different that wearing grappling hin guards.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I don't have that problem, but I throw all my hooks palm-inside.
    so do I. weird.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    so do I. weird.
    I do the same. Fits in with the vertical fist thing of Isshinryu. Thought I was weird.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

a vertical hook lessens the chances of breaking the pinky knuckle. I think it's weird that he doesn't have the glove problem that I have, but there are numerous factors which can affect this.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i agree about concessions for safety...I spent too many years with a teacher who thought it was funny to have injuries in the school.

I just thought those particular gloves had a very floppy looking thumb cover.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"