Thread: What type of Qigong is...

What type of Qigong is...

Well, i found some exercises named "The Big Regulation of Breathing" (with 5 parts) and "Supporting the sky". Does anyone know to which series/type/style of Qigong those exercises belong?
    Thanks ahead

Eight Brocades

Maybe they left out 3 parts? Because that sounds alot like the Eight Brocades (Propping up the sky etc.)

http://www.egreenway.com/taichichuan/esb.htm

I hope I'm not too horribly wrong :P
    Mark

Hi
    I could add that indeed "Supporting the Sky" is at least by name part of the "eight brocades". And the "Big Regulation of Breathing" is part of "8 active internal methods". are those the same as "8 brocades"?

Question

Providing some more of the "pieces" or exercises names (or brief description) might give more clues. You may be doing parts of different qigong sets. That's what it appears with the information you have provided.

it sems so. The only piece of further info i can provide is something like "tien tao" (-chi kung?). More i don't know.

Did you find these exercises in a particular book (wht's its name?), or someone tell you verbally in/out of a class? Of course if it was in a class you should be able to ask instructor -- if not a class perhaps you could check with whomever told you about them and see where they learned about them?

Hello Vince,

The Tien Tao Chi Kung was part of a correspondence course put out by the Chinese National Chi Kung Institute (CNCKI). If I remember correctly, Roger Hagood the publisher of "Martial Arts of China" offered this course back in the 90's.

mickey

P.S. Found it!!

http://www.shaolinbrand.com/training...-chi-kung.html
    Last edited by mickey; 05-24-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks. That helps a lot.

You can download the whole course online in emule!