Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you fill your punching bags with?

What do you fill your punching bags with?

I'm trying to imagine this happening to us.

Family's Punching Bag Holds Smelly Surprise
    Man Says Bag Filled With Underwear
    POSTED: 1:46 pm EDT May 16, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:03 am EDT May 17, 2007

CINCINNATI -- A Cincinnati-area family got a smelly surprise when they opened a punching bag they purchased earlier this year.

Joe Heckel said he and his son were moving a TKO brand heavy punching bag from their garage to the basement when they decided to see what was inside in case the bag later leaked. But Heckel said that instead of sand or plastic pellets, he found the bag full of men's and women's underwear, some of it used.

"(There were) bras, thongs and bathing suits. We could not believe there were clothes inside instead of sand," he said. Heckel said the smell was "bad, real bad."

Heckel said that contacting the store where he'd bought the bag didn't go anywhere.

"I called to ask them if they could tell me if these were clean underwear, but I don't think that he believed me," Heckel said. "I said 'I'm a cop, I'm telling you that's what's in there!' He stated that he had never looked in a bag so he didn't know what was in them."

Heckel described the discovery as "gross but kind of funny in a way," and couldn't help but chuckle as he told his story. He and his son finished installing the punching bag after taking pictures, but he says they have yet to use it.

A spokeswoman for the store told partner Web site WLWT.com that they were unaware of what had happened, but asked for Heckel's phone number so they could contact him about the matter.

Attempts by WLWT.com to contact Technical Knockout Inc., the company that owns the TKO brand, have been unsuccessful. A number listed for the company was "unassigned."

But on Thursday, a company representative saw Heckel's story on a Houston Web site and called him.

Heckel said Thursday that the representative told him that the underwear in the bag was a "quality problem" that they were dealing with, and that the people who had made the decision to put underwear in the bags had been fired.

The representative said a new, non-underwear-filled bag would be shipped to Heckel shortly.
    Unraveling the Mystery of the Punching Bag Filled With Dirty Laundry
    Monday, May 21, 2007

Where is Nancy Drew when you need her?

A Cincinnati-area family is trying to solve the mystery of how a hamper-size bundle of dirty underwear happened to find its way into their brand-new punching bag, WLWT.com reports.

"[There were] thongs, women's underwear, men's underwear — some used, bathing suits and bras," said Joe Heckel, who bought the bag for Christmas. "We could not believe there were clothes inside instead of sand."

And the smell left no doubt that the undies were used and abused before they made their way into the TKO brand punching bag.

"It stunk to high heaven so I zipped it up real quick," Heckel said.

Technical Knockout Inc., which makes the bags, dodged Heckel's claims until local news organizations came calling. The company admitted that there may be others out there with punching bags filled with stinky underwear.

A representative told Heckel that the underwear in the bag was a "quality problem" and that those responsible for deciding to fill TKO bags with dirty laundry had been fired, WLWT.com reported.

Heckel opened the bag in the first place to see what kind of sand or plastic pellet might leak out when it was punched. Technical Knockout Inc. promised Heckel a new, non-undie-filled replacement.
    Get your non-dirty-underwear-filled bags here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    these are probably the guys who bought my heavybags at my garage sale.

This is why companies should focus more on employee happiness than their bottom line.

not that the bottom line isn't important, it is and it's part of keeping everyone happy and invested in what they do, but clearly, someone at tko is ticking off employees for them to go so far as to actively attempt tarnishing the rep of the company.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    This is why companies should focus more on employee happiness than their bottom line.

not that the bottom line isn't important, it is and it's part of keeping everyone happy and invested in what they do, but clearly, someone at tko is ticking off employees for them to go so far as to actively attempt tarnishing the rep of the company.
    Did you look before you jumped to that conclusion? Do you know why these employees did that or are you assuming that it was becasue the company was ticking them off. Maybe it was the way you say or maybe it was because the people were unstable or maybe they just had a weird sense of humor or maybe it was because their kid wanted a sandbox so they wanted to get the sand on the cheap. I don't know, but the point is neither do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My bag was filled with like a heavy, shredded denim material.

I have two bags, one is about 450-475 pounds and is filled with iron sawdust, the other is filled with the denim.

I plan to someday fill the one with some sort of small, heavy round seeds from a feed store...maybe corn, we will see how heavy it is compared to other options.

My nuts are heavy bags.

And I need something heavy duty to put them in, so my underwear is heavy bags too.

How ironic.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Judge Pen is totally right

I don't think it had anything to do with disgruntled employees. Shame on you David, for jumping to conclusions. The truth of the matter is obvious. TKO always stuffs their bags with dirty underwear.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The souls of lost Democrats.

oh brother...

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Hmmm.....maybe I should go into punching bag production biz.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Careful bodhi. Don't want to mislead our customers...

We charge extra for the dirty-underwear-filled bags.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Can we pick whose underwear it gets stuffed with?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    The souls of lost Democrats.
    lmao...now I've got to come up with something better than that...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ...the tortured screams of the innocent...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"