Thread: Wing Chun In Dallas TX

Wing Chun In Dallas TX

I'll probably be relocating to work in Farmers Branch / Dallas area. Can anyone recommend WC teachers in the area who are accomplished and don't have flaky backgrounds? Or better yet if you can identify schools I can do the rest in terms of sniffing them out. I will also do a google search, but this forum always has good info.

Rindge

ChangHFY Guest
    Hey Rindge,

heres a link to a Sifu Brad Ryans school in Houston. (sorry thats the closest we have)

http://www.samuraimartialsports.com/

Also Master Benny Meng curator of the Ving Tsun Museum and senior disciple of Grandmaster Gee will be travelling to the Taiji legacy in Dallas.
    There you'll meet alot of Wing Chun practitioners.

I wish you the best of luck.

take care,
    Zach

There is little by way of Wing Chun in Dallas. I do know of one in Greenville, Texas, which is just east of Farmers Branch if my geography is correct. I live just south of Greenville.

Authentic Kung FU

I see you were directed to my Sifu last time you were considering a move to this area. the good news is we have moved slightly closer to Dallas. Check out www.authentickungfu.com (site soon to be updated but the new address is there)
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

follow up to Odder and Lee

Odder? your memory is quite good. I'm not sure how far Fort Worth is from the Farmers Branch area, but I hear good things about your sifu - cottrell - so I may stop down. There is school names Combat WC taught by Phu Pham and Alex Felix. Their website claims they are students of your sifu. Can you provide any insight on these gents? How long they trained? Are they representatives of your sifu? Any idea what happened to the school Son Dinh was going to teach in Dallas?

Lee, can you send me contact info for the school in greenville.

Thanks to all for responses

Rindge

never been to the Dallas School

But Alex was a skilled technician our Kwoon. Phu gained his instructorshio under a student of Yip Chun It is my understanding that Son's group sort of evolved into Phu's Dallas School. Son Live in California now. If you can't get to Fort Worth, I would recommend them sight unseen. What Alex does, he does well.

As for what is closer in DFW it depends where in Farmer Branch you end up. Sifu's new school is just to the east and north of Downtown Fort Worth, right off of Highway 121. distance wise Farmers Branch is a bit closer to the Dallas School, but Traffic is a nightmare in places. I would recommend seeing where you end up, then checking out both schools, see which one you prefer.

At Either the DFW schools you are looking at a 30-45 minute drive to class, Greenville might be more like an hour and a half.
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

Thanks

Odder, I appreciate the feedback. I'll be out to Dallas for an extended period towards the end of June. I'll probably visit both kwoons at that point. send me an email at rindge@ix.netcom.com and I'll let you know when I'll be out.

Once again, thanks for the info.