Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell....KTFO!

I think the somewhat quick ends also help protect the fighter, not to mention set up a quick rematch between two still healthy opponents.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    He also got hit with 6 shots while on the ground and did NOTHING to protect himself. Good call by Big John.
    Yeah - good call by Big John. He won't call a fight unless the fighter's out, and Chuck was gone for a second. When they showed the replay of Chuck sitting back up his eyes still weren't focused.

He was classy at the end, though - he admitted he made a mistake and paid for it. I like watching Chuck fight but I've been waiting for someone to teach him a lesson about keeping those hands down and Rampage definitely taught him a lesson.

What about Houston Alexander annihilating Keith Jardine? Didn't expect that one at all and that was a massacre. He lifted Jardine off his feet 2-3 times and just kept punching him. Jardine can take a punch but he got destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    What about Houston Alexander annihilating Keith Jardine? Didn't expect that one at all and that was a massacre. He lifted Jardine off his feet 2-3 times and just kept punching him. Jardine can take a punch but he got destroyed.
    Yeah that was a sick fight ! fights like that are always exciting...

Alexander looked like he got knocked down (he said he slipped ) Jardine comes in and realises ohh s--t he's still on form

That guy can BANG
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    He also got hit with 6 shots while on the ground and did NOTHING to protect himself. Good call by Big John.

Congrats Rampage. Where's Wanderlei? Henderson?
    I heard henderson getsthe next title shot.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Jackson has Chuck's number, Chuck drops his hands too much and Jackson has a great counter-hook.
    In regards to that clip, Jackson was moving better, better defense and head movement, he was the better striker.

Ref's call was just at the moment he made it.

LOL @ common courtesy remark in general, but extra LOL on getting upset on a MMA board about the biggest MMA fight results since the last UFC.

and extra LOL on top for good measure.

Last edited by yenhoi; 05-28-2007 at 05:00 AM.
    strike!

What about Karo? His boxing has impoved a lot! He used to throw sloppy haymakers, but he was pinpoint. He also landed a sweet harai goshi!
    Bless you

I love the way karo throws people, even in his losing effort with Sanchez, he threw him almost at will.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    That was nuts. When I tell my friends about that fight I say he got hit enough times to knock out seven guys...

----

Karo is awesome with throws, but he needs to win by more than just decisions to get a title shot, IMO.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Something tells me we will be seeing Liddell losing a lot more from now on.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    LOL @ common courtesy remark in general, but extra LOL on getting upset on a MMA board about the biggest MMA fight results since the last UFC.

and extra LOL on top for good measure.

1) I ain't actually particularly upset... If you type complaints in normal type, nobody pays any attention around here, hence the use of the new forum fonts
    2) Nobody rumbled the last UFC results to me.
    3) If it isn't even slightly bigger than the last UFC, how come this one gets a special thread?

Whatever.

BTW, onto the topic, I always thought Chuck was a little over-rated in skills, though he can take a knock and punch hard. He's always been kind of flat-footed with lumbering footwork, slow in changing levels in his striking and one-dimensional. I'm also glad that Rampage, who many had tagged as the next never-made-it has-been has shaken off his ring rust to beat Chuck convincingly a second time. Shame he found God, he was much funnier when he hadn't, but I hope he makes it bigger and bigger: I like his style.

I do like Chuck too, and I don't think he's necessarily going to be losing much more...!

Looking forward to Wandy getting back on track (anyone know what he's up for next?) and Henderson challenging Rampage.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I do like Chuck too, and I don't think he's necessarily going to be losing much more...!

Looking forward to Wandy getting back on track (anyone know what he's up for next?) and Henderson challenging Rampage.
    We'll see about how much losing he might do...

My prediction is Dana is going to give Wanderlei Silva a shot at Chuck.

Wandy? (Elmer Fudd for Randy Couture??) Heavyweights in the UFC need to be prepared for the likes of Gonzaga and Noguiera (sp?), and most especially Fedor.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Fedor Will dominate anywhere he goes.

I'd actually like to see him against Cung Le.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I like cung le, but I think fedor would kill him.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Fedor Will dominate anywhere he goes.

I'd actually like to see him against Cung Le.
    Are you joking? A way over 200 lber vs a guy who was best at 176
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....