Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Liddell....KTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    We'll see about how much losing he might do...
    Yeah, I wasn't meaning he was invincible by any means, just that I didn't see his loss to Rampage as the signifier of a losing streak.

My prediction is Dana is going to give Wanderlei Silva a shot at Chuck.
    I really want to see that!

and most especially Fedor.
    And I'll happily watch Fedor anytime. Personally, I think he's as close to unbeatable as any league has got right now.

Cung Le against Fedor!? Are you joking RD?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    And I'll happily watch Fedor anytime. Personally, I think he's as close to unbeatable as any league has got right now.
    Word!
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

is it me or does chuck drop his hands too much?
    If he had his hands up, I don't think rampage would have dropped him. 10 seconds into the fight I started to remember what lkfmdc constantly says about dropping your hands....

I smell a rematch some in the next 3 fights that chuck has. (or he retires).

Honestly I would love to see wanderlei silva come and knock Rampage out AGAIN. It seems to me like a big waste of time, Dana should have skipped Rampage and just had wanderlei fight chuck..

Then we can have shogun and ninja come over from pride also..
    can anyone tell I am a big fan of Chute?
    Last edited by monji112000; 05-30-2007 at 06:38 AM.

Nogueira, Mauricio Rua, and Henderson have all been signed to UFC.

Dana White says that Silva will probably be Chuck's next fight.

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/is-pride-officially-dead/

...and in case anyone was wondering how much people got paid for the last UFC;
    Chuck Liddell: $500,000
    Quinton Jackson: $225,000
    Karo Parisyan: $32,000
    Ivan Salaverry: $17,500
    Terry Martin: $12,000
    Kalib Starnes: $10,000
    Chris Leben: $10,000
    Houston Alexander: $8,000
    Josh Burkman: $7,000
    Keith Jardine: $7,000
    Din Thomas: $28,000
    Wilson Gouveia: $16,000
    Thiago Silva: $16,000
    Alan Belcher: $14,000
    James Irvin: $7,000
    Carmelo Marrero: $5,000
    Sean Salmon: $3,000
    Jeremy Stephens: $3,000
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    BTW, onto the topic, I always thought Chuck was a little over-rated in skills, though he can take a knock and punch hard. He's always been kind of flat-footed with lumbering footwork, slow in changing levels in his striking and one-dimensional...
    Ok. I actually wasn't going to repeat this, as I posted it on another thread a few months ago, but after MK's antics on the main board...

Chuck fell to the same thing that has gotten every title holder in the last 12 months or so. It just took him a bit longer to fall. He changed his game plan. When you have a game plan that is working 100% of the time, you don't change it up. That is not to say you don't work your stuff that would best counter your next opponant. But to change up your base fighting style mid-stream when what you had was still working fine is just goofy.

I was very disapointed to see how much chuck changed. And the one thing he didn't change was his hands at arm pit level. Chuck has always been a bit lumbering with his foot work, but this last fight, it looked to me like he was trying to force himself to use foot work he wasn't completely used to yet. And I saw not one good example of that catter-wonkey hook punch he has always used so well.

Sad, sad, sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Chuck fell to the same thing that has gotten every title holder in the last 12 months or so. It just took him a bit longer to fall. He changed his game plan. .
    How did he change his game plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Yeah, how did he?

Looked like the same old Chuck to me....

Hands held too low, looking to tag you as you come in, taking his time, etc...

he got tagged by a solid punch, no game plan prepares you for getting tagged, on any given day, anyone can get tagged and ko'ed.

People do make mistakes

Not a big deal. One mistake can change a fight.
    CL went downstairs for a "leading" body shot leaving his head open.
    The other guys timed head shot was shorter and to the mark .
    Not the end of the world.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Nope, Chuck's a counter-fighter most of the time. Last 2 fights it looked to me like he was trying to bring it. He was not waiting for his oponant to over extend as he usually would. Also, his foot work changed. He used to remind me of a lumbering bull. His last couple of fights, it looked to me like he was almost using boxing footwork, i.e. shuffling his feet more, weaving a bit. But it also looked like he didn't feel comfortable using it.

There's nothing wrong with any of those changes. But have to move faster than he was. You get hit more that way. His hands down habit ment he eats those punches, and against Jakson, that just isn't smart. He got away with it from Tito, thogh with Tito's boxing background, I have no idea why. But Jacson made him pay. In boxing you get the 10 count. And Chuck recovered well. But you don't get no 10 count in MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it