Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meal replacement,protien powders,Diet regimen.

Meal replacement,protien powders,Diet regimen.

I was wondering what you guys do for supplements and meal replacement? I am getting really attached to the Isopure zero carb protien pwder(whey). I have gone back to consuming smoothies with Almond Milk as a base and using frozen fruits such as dark cherries and a mixed fruit blend,no added sugar,i will use bananas as well but not as often for some reason.

my meals now consist of 3 eggs and sprouted grain bread for breakfast, Smoothie for lunch, and a dinner of some lean meat and brown rice, veggies steamed lightly.

What do the rest of you guys do? Anyone do that eggwhite and oats diet?

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

To me Zero Carb protein is a pretty idiotic idea. To start recovery from intense exercise you should have a 3:1 ratio of Carbs to Protein. High GI (insulin spiking) carbs to replace glycogen to muscles are what is called for. Somebody tried to sell me isopure at the GNC, I asked myself "why".

I love Oats. Things I try to consume regularly: Spinach, carrots, oats, whole wheat/whole grain anything, brown rice, green tea, WATER, turkey meat, fruit.
    Bless you

I believe the whole point with the zero carb protien powder is that you are not getting any added carb to your meal replacement. case in point, i get enough of a carb load with the fruits i add to the smoothie( i dont just consume the isopure by itself) not to mention the complex carbs i consume with the grains and veggies. But i understand what you are writing.

Anyone else?
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I try and do about a gram and a half per pound of bodyweight of protien a day. It does not always happen but its a goal. But I also try and do no more than 2 protein based supplements to top off real meals in this ratio.

Isopure I am not a fan of due to what I believe to be low levels of quality, but I do take the Gaspari IntraPro formula which is a ultra filtered whey protein isolate and concentrate and at night I take a time-released forumla as well as extra BCAA's and Glutamine when called for.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 05-27-2007 at 10:15 PM.

I try and do about a gram and a half per pound of bodyweight of protien a day

Reply]
    How much protine is in a good sized steak?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Lean steak is usually around 22% protein, so figure 1/5-1/4 the weight of the steak. What would you call a good-sized steak? 10oz? If so, 2-2.5oz of protein.

For me, milk is the most efficient and cost effective means of protein during the day. I usually drink about 2-4L a day. The milk is around 4% protein so each L is roughly 40g. I also have a protein shake every morning after lifting and it's about 15g whey and 15g calcium caseinate in 500-600mL of milk.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

For me, milk is the most efficient and cost effective means of protein during the day.
    Yep,

This is going to make a big comeback. It's great for test levels as well with that sat fat in there.

Milk causes excess flemb production though, lowers breathing capacity because of it, and this reduces cardio efficiency. Milk is just not a very good thing to put in your body period...better off eating a nice big organic steak.

Mung Beans supposedly have 12 grams of protine per serving though...seems such a waste to use them in Iron Palm bags....

Who needs cardio? Just ask Ironfist . Yeah, full fat milk makes me feel mucousy so I drink 0% or 1% normally. But it's all about protein and efficiency. A nice big organic steak would be great, but I don't have the money and the cooking utensils handy all day to be able to cook a steak that often. I just paid about US$1.50 for a litre of milk for ~40g of protein. If I wanted 40g of protein from steak while here at work I'd have to buy a 200g steak from a restaurant. Around here I wouldn't get much change from $20 for that. Plus the milk I drank has < 0.15g fat/100g. A steak would have a far higher percentage, and lots of it would be saturated fats too.

I wouldn't want to source my protein from mung beans over dairy or meat sources.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I don't know about isopure's quality.

I do know

Whey hydrolyzed > microfiltered isolates > Isolates > concentrates (based on speed of digestion and bio-availability)
    Bless you

I agree with RD that Milk is one of the worst things you can put in your body as a protien supplement. we are the only species aside form domesticated animals that consumes milk AFTER infancy and who consumes the milk of another species. You dont see wolves sucking on tiger teets in the wild. Plus Milk has no fiber. you can get enough calcium from the green veggies you eat. Besides the body can only absorb so much calcium, the rest gets flushed out when you over consume it and with that you are flushing essential nutrients.

As to the quality of Isopure, its pretty good from what i understand. Im sure there are other forms of whey out there that are just as good Ie: Labrada lean body, Myoplex(which is like drinking cakebatter when i have mixed it in the past). I like the isopure because it DOES mix well with other things and doesnt give me that heavy bloated feeling like the other stuff mentioned does.

I agree about the steak, just make sure it is a lean steak, and if you can afford it get BISON, best lean red meat out there and it tastes way better than angus in my opinion.
    I am also avoiding soy protien at all costs now. I dont want B-T!ts

Peace,TWS

and if you can afford it get BISON, best lean red meat out there and it tastes way better than angus in my opinion.

Reply]
    AGREED!!!! When I can get it, I like to add a bit of light Olive oil to the Bison before cooking it. It makes it jucier. Darker Olive oils are good too, and tend to richen the flavor more.

Bison/Buffalow has 10th the fat of beef, and 2 times the protine
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

squats and milk
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

We are also the only species that builds airplanes and goes to space.

milk might not be so bad.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    We are also the only species that builds airplanes and goes to space.

milk might not be so bad.

+1

and other animals will drink cow milk given the opportunity. set out some milk with a cat or dog and see what happens.
    Bless you