Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Buck Sing Fighting Arts of Grandmaster Tarm Sarm

Blog Entries
    now,

Lun Chee........from my understanding, even in his old age has one helluva sow choy.

i heard a story on how lun chee went to singapore and trained some of the hung sing people to fight in this tournament. a hung sing student was set to fight this shaolin monk called the iron tank. supposedly very very tough cat.

lun chee trained the hung sing guy, and developed his sow choys which ultimately defeated the monk.

nospam, satori............are your families in touch with Lun Chee?

i ask because if he's passed away would you guys hear directly or through the grape vine?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

nospam - all your talking have me all fired up, seems like the only way to do it is to fight and analyse. It's seems thats what most of your sifus have done to perfect your technique. no doubt you guys have the best rep in fighting. It seems like Buk Sing CLF is the fighting academy branch of CLF. Chan style archaic classical. Hung Sing style mixture of both. It's a pity there are so few buk sings schools, maybe that the way you guys want to keep it. Are your sifus not worried about the art fading?

Question about your forms, why are the hands always seems kind of relaxed, with the fingers not touching each other in some of the movements? There's seems to be big emphasis in circlular strikes with lateral waist turns. Is this a big part of your fighting philsophy? The Other branches are more verticle, like top down.

I think to say that buk sing is the only branch the fights is rather ridiculous. Over the years especially in Hong Kong all of the branches were well represented in the full contact scene.

The perceptions people have nowadays are based too much on what they read on forums like this. CLF is CLF and it is as effective as each person chooses to train it, thats it, the branch won't make you a more effective fighter just good old training will.

This is the kind of crap that continues to push the branches apart rather than to bring them together.

Blog Entries
    I agree clfnole, Buk Sing isn't the ONLY fighting school of clf. In fact, my lineage has some tough fighters. not for the ring. but on the street you wouldn't want to mess around. it's always been like that. even down to beating up bruce lee's students.

but the problem is, there are more chan fam schools and very few hung sing and buk sing groups. the only schools truely connected to fut san hung sing are Lau Bun's lineage, and buk sing through the laceys, buk sam kong, lai hung, and probably few i've missed.

however, the main problem is division. too many divisions with buk sing, in hung sing. meaning we have our way you have yours. its that way even with the same family. different teachers have different concepts.

but it is no doubt that buk sing is a great great example of what our clf should be like. they focus on fighting, take out the bs that ins forms and throw it away or modify it to better it. For fighting in the Choy Lee Fut system.........Buk Sing is definately the leaders. of course, they're out there doing ****.

but it's time all hung sing and buk sing step up like the lacey family has.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    very few hung sing and buk sing groups. the only schools truely connected to fut san hung sing are Lau Bun's lineage, and buk sing through the laceys, buk sam kong, lai hung, and probably few i've missed.
    what about Lee Koon Hung's school, was he not part of the Fut San lineage also?

Actually we are a mixed lineage and quite frankly our sets are more along the Chan Family line albeit slightly different.

ok. I am little confused now. This is frist time I have heard that your sets are more closer to Chan's. They seem alot more extended and done with more power then the chan sets.

The Lee Koon Hung school uses Hung sing,(the Fut Shan Hung sing - not Chan family "Hung") in their emblem also. Lee Koon Hung followed the Chenug hueng Sing lineage right? So does that not make it Fut Shan?

Most of our kung fu comes from Chan Koon Pak but it also comes from Jeong Yim. If you look at the names of all of our sets you would understand better. We play our sets a bit different from say Chan Yong Fa's school but when you compare you can see a lot of similarities in the sets. When you compare our stuff to Fut San it is quite a bit different as Frank will confirm.

Blog Entries
    see, it seems the heart of the lkh lineage lies with fut san hung sing. but yes, their forms lay along the same lines as chan fam stuff.

its interesting, because the Fut san HSK uses wang jong, while chan fam uses the straight line. LKH material is chan fam, but their hoi jong patterns are straight up hung sing. when i say that.....anyone doing an "L" shape operning is doing fut san hung sing stuff. it's found in buk sing too.

Blog Entries
    but also, stout, that's their mixture of hung sing stuff.

from what other masters in hk, singapore and such told me about LEE KOON HUNG, they all praised him as a hung sing man. called him a die hard hung sing man. that's why i feel he used our hung sing characters.

Blog Entries
    stout,

the lee koon hung lineage is a mixture of both jeong hung sing and chan fam lineages.

so what makes a lineage Fut Gar? What techniques in Buk Sing and Hung Sing, make them "apart" from the chan stuff?

as far as I understand. Fut Gar is Budda's palms, long range gwa, sau, peg...like monk techniques with more extension.

Do you mean the ciricuiculm is LKH is closer to Chans, like the beginners forms and names of forms. The performance attributes seems very difference.

I don't mean to be rude but the Chan stuff seems a little weak. Not sure if the way it's performed or what.

So what schools out there are considered Chueng Hung Sings direct lineage?
    Last edited by stout; 06-14-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    As the information is available today.....

The Chan Heung line is Chan Yuen Wu, Lee Yau San, and Choy Fook.

Jeong Hung Sing line contains Lee Yau San, Chan Heung, and Ching Cho.

For the Jeong Hung Sing lineage our fut ga comes from Ching Cho.

if you are referring to Bak Hsing Fut Ga, It is said.....(not confirmed) that jeong yim originally called his system fut ga. In some way this has been spoken about by elder Lun Chee. He was Tam Sams student........who else better to answer that question?

although the basic punches are there, the forms resemble chan fam forms and not hung sing. it is what it is.

the USA ........First is the Lau Bun lineage of fut san hsk, buk sing, and Chui Kwong Yuen. Sifu Paul Chu who is Chui Kwong Yuens student teaches in texas.

Blog Entries
    i just want to be clear.....

when i refer to hung sing Fut San, i mean all schools that don't have any chan family gung fu. i personally feel lhk lineage is hung sing, but the fact of the matter is that the meat of their forms resemble chan fam gung fu. LKH lineage much like the laceys, have a very distinct look about them. anyone moving like them must have had some contact. it is strictly their outter ear mark.

LKH is a hybrid system containing both lineages gung fu. they have the best of both worlds so to speak.

ok, many thanks for the clarification.

Can you point out some examples of chan system? some of it looks like chow gar etc. It appears short range. Is that the chan kung fu?