Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Buck Sing Fighting Arts of Grandmaster Tarm Sarm

Blog Entries
    it may just be someones personal style.

i don't believe chan fam has a presdescribed method.......fighting isn't so simple.

personal movement is very key in discovering and "owning" your gung fu.

performers are one thing, fighters are another.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Anyone know the significance of the "L" shaped opening? I always found that curious-not in a negative way, just meaning different and interesting.
    Also the hoi jong-what are the meanings of the different types?

Actually we have two types of hoi jongs: one is straight and the other is L-shaped but the meat is the same in both. Our L-shape is quite different than hung sing's.

The real truth is we as a lineage really don't care about all the branch crap. If you ask any of my sihings in HK all we care about is CLF. My sifu didn't care too much for all the politics and belonged to different CLF organizations. I have pictures from sifu attending the Chan Hueng Memeorial banquets. I think the alignment with Hung Sing was something political at the time for whatever reason. Years ago I had dinner with Poon Sing and I asked him about his father's (Poon Dik) kung fu to which he explained it came from Chan Koon Pak.

Don't judge branches from what you see on the internet. Unfortunately people in the "YouTube Generation" get misconceptions about branches based on clips they see. Unless you go to the school or watch for a long time you have no idea what really goes on in each school, yeah you can get a feel for how they perform sets but thats about it.

As for our kung fu if you watch enough CLF you can see we have influences from all three branches but our "flow" is more from the Chan Heung side.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 06-14-2007 at 06:32 PM.

TT:

To answer your question the poetic names for the L-shaped hoi jong was supposed to have some coded meaning regarding overthrowing the Ching Dynasty, at least that is what I was told.

I really don't get that caught up with how a set opens as it is just that an opening, the meat of the form is what matters.

Peace.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 06-14-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    the whole opening is supposed to have a poetic meaning in overthrowing the ching.

not sure if you know, but when you use the old long lion tales, we'd flip the tail over and that was supposed to represent the overthrowing of the government

CLFNole,

you are the wiser man on this forum.

Frank,

You speak so much about fightings and how forms are just crap, but you are the largest publisher of forms performing in youtube, and no fightings at all.
    Don't get me wrong, I don´t want to start a lineage flame war or trolling.

Stout,

Don't make misunderstanding based on forums or videos. If you want to know get out and ask on each school.

Blog Entries
    wait, wait, Jaza........I've never said forms were crap and such. you are putting words in my mouth. pls stop.

forms to me are something you need to pass on the tradition of a school. but if you strictly wish to fight, then you don't learn forms.

You need to stop telling lies. I am not the largest promoter of forms. i show forms of others. where is your fighting? we don't see it, or at least i haven't?

wtf is your problem?

Blog Entries
    i don't need to post any fighting, because if you someone wants to see if i know what im talking about all they have to do is come see me.

thats plain and simple.

but something is up your arse, and what ever i said has nothing to do you with. i don't even know how and why you entered this. but one thing is for sure, you are barking up the wrong tree by starting this.

Here it goes Frank.....

Care to keep your mouth shut for a couple of days on the passing of Grandmaster Wong Ha?

Thank you!

Hey CLFNole

Pls. don't misunderstand the meaning of the original post. I heartily disagree with ANYONE saying that ALL CLF is the same. However to speak humbly for Buck Sing, we find merits within all CLF branches while doing our own thing and evolving in the spirit of what Tarm Sarm and specifically in my branch, Kong On instilled in our family.

I hate to let the "cat out of the bag" so to speak (to reference my Sifu's writings lol) but shortly there should be some evidence of our opinion regarding other CLF styles and their fighting abilities. Suffice it to say, respect to where respect is due, and as we promote our philosophy we recognize where the fighting art shines in every branch.

That's all for now.

k

Blog Entries
    IF GM WOng HA has passed away ........I offer my sincere condolences.

but jospeh, you can back the fuk off me and get rid of that angry face.

don't know what problem is.......i never disrespected anyone.

but this is the first i heard of Wong Ha's passing, and didn't even know he was still alive.

my condolences to anyone from his lineage.

from my brief exposure to Chan and BSCLF, it appears to me (and my inexperienceed eye) that BSCLF has greater extension in their movements along with a looser,more "relaxed" whipping of the spine,shoulders,etc. This extension really shows up in their charp choy. Speaking of charp-choy, they also seem to make extensive use of this in their fighting, from lien wan, to fei-charp choy, and everything in between. I have also seen LKH guys play their forms with very similar body. Others as well, as can be seen by some of the people performing on youtube. and sometimes it is hard to tell the families apart. BSCLF definately has a fighting rep and attitude-not saying that others don't, just that BSCLF is very much "out there" with it. I think all CLF prides themselves on their fighting and willingness to throw down, Frank is certainly no exception, which is why I am such a big fan!
    I am sure that it is more a matter of how the style was passed down, and by whom, and under which circumstances, that determines this, but there definately seem to be certain characteristics, or flavor that separates the families.
    Then again, please remember that I am speaking as an observer, more from the outside, than the inside.

k-no:

You missed my point. Of course all the branches differ in teaching methods and philosophies about fighting but CLF is CLF. Gwa, sow, chop, biu there is no mistaking that forms can be different and techniques can be played different but it is what it is.

Blog Entries
    It was only a matter of time before the Bak Sing guys on this forum started bashing Hung Sing and Chan Family. Go figure.

it'd only be a matter of time before Fu-Pow has all the Buk-Sing guys on his ignore list. What am I saying? All the CLF GUYS on his ignore list!!!!