Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Boxing vs. MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post

IMO TMA is a dying thing. Most of its crap. Sorry but that's how I feel. Why would people go back to a stagnet cess pool when they've been exposed to so much more.
    I think the discipline zen whatever in TMA will get bigger when people learn to train better maximizing down time and such...Charles Paliquin dissed Arnold saying the governor was on roids trained two hours a session if he wasn't on roids he would have gotten no where from overtraining, wheras paliquin has his guys do the same time under tension within an hour with science and sh-it..most of your muscle building comes during your rest period so that's a huge sales pitch to master the lotus posture...

TMA or the spirit of the discipline will get bigger as our world gets more polluted...humans had gladiators raping lions in Rome and Chinese already came up with all the funky fly fitness disciplines when Da Mo was around blazing proper HASH...

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Diego,

I guess you could look at it as a symbolic type thing. People gravitate towards that, but in regards to actuallity, I see people doin what they've always done with it, try it, find out its crap, and move on to something better.

yes the mythos is a grand thing, filled with great intentions, but reality is something else.

traditional arts are always going to be around. thats just what happens with traditions, they usually are going to survive any storm unless the people carrying them on are obliterated.

my opinion is that the truly traditional are going to take what they can from the present and present it to the future generations.

modern training methodologies/supliments. redefined goals and routes to reach those goals. the list can go on.

but when it comes down to it there are traditional arts that work quite well for the purpose they were developed for. mma is only a good thing in regards to the effect it will have on traditional martial artists.

sure there are mma meat heads, sure there are larping tma'ers.

but there are good along with the bad in both worlds, and beneficial aspects to both as well.

it only takes an open eye to see all thats around you.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    traditional arts are always going to be around. thats just what happens with traditions, they usually are going to survive any storm unless the people carrying them on are obliterated.

my opinion is that the truly traditional are going to take what they can from the present and present it to the future generations.

modern training methodologies/supliments. redefined goals and routes to reach those goals. the list can go on.

but when it comes down to it there are traditional arts that work quite well for the purpose they were developed for. mma is only a good thing in regards to the effect it will have on traditional martial artists.

sure there are mma meat heads, sure there are larping tma'ers.

but there are good along with the bad in both worlds, and beneficial aspects to both as well.

it only takes an open eye to see all thats around you.

Just wanted to add this as well, never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Just wanted to add this as well, never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.
    rofl.

anyone going to watch the mayweather/marquez fight?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Floyd Mayweather's racist comments about MMA. To summarize he said that since "white people" weren't good at boxing they had to create MMA.

There are many different types of MMA gyms around, you can't categorize all of them under one blanket. You have gyms that are top notch and really focus on training athletes to compete. You have some gyms that offer an MMA class to "everyday" people who want to learn it as a confidence booster, and exercise that will never compete or dream of stepping into a ring (some hardcore gyms have these classes to because they pay the bills). You also have the gyms that are nothing more than a "fight club" where it is a bunch of punks with little or no training and just trying to hurt each other. Just watch an episode of TUF and you will see very professional athletes that respect their opponents and you will see people that are nothing more than a punk wanting to hurt someone.

Just like in any other professional sport there are going to be people that a professional and respectful and in general are a good role model. Then there are the people who are just *******s and don't respect anybody and are an embarrassment to the sport.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

well most people suck at boxing compared to mayweather. the mans good.

even though we all know he's likely going to beat marquez, he has all the advantages really, im still rooting for marquez because i like the guy more.

gotta give some credit to the guy stepping up to 144 and fighting a younger guy with a cleaner fight record, longer reach, etc.

im hoping for an exciting fight though. im guessing its going to go the distance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Floyd Mayweather's racist comments about MMA. To summarize he said that since "white people" weren't good at boxing they had to create MMA.

There are many different types of MMA gyms around, you can't categorize all of them under one blanket. You have gyms that are top notch and really focus on training athletes to compete. You have some gyms that offer an MMA class to "everyday" people who want to learn it as a confidence booster, and exercise that will never compete or dream of stepping into a ring (some hardcore gyms have these classes to because they pay the bills). You also have the gyms that are nothing more than a "fight club" where it is a bunch of punks with little or no training and just trying to hurt each other. Just watch an episode of TUF and you will see very professional athletes that respect their opponents and you will see people that are nothing more than a punk wanting to hurt someone.

Just like in any other professional sport there are going to be people that a professional and respectful and in general are a good role model. Then there are the people who are just *******s and don't respect anybody and are an embarrassment to the sport.
    You have to take into consideration the fact that Mayweather, by his very nature, is an antagonist who spouts off controversy simply for a return on his own business, pay per view boxing. Hell, at one time it was rumored Mayweather was going to fight in MMA but decided against it. I'm not condoning what he does, because as much as I respect the man's boxing skills he is a loud mouthed tool. That being said, he is hyping his next fight and will continue to do this as long as he is fighting. He has always done this and always will.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I'm watching the May/Marq fight tomorrow, can't wait to see Marquez smash Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    You have to take into consideration the fact that Mayweather, by his very nature, is an antagonist who spouts off controversy simply for a return on his own business, pay per view boxing. Hell, at one time it was rumored Mayweather was going to fight in MMA but decided against it. I'm not condoning what he does, because as much as I respect the man's boxing skills he is a loud mouthed tool. That being said, he is hyping his next fight and will continue to do this as long as he is fighting. He has always done this and always will.

I would like to raise a point some of my boxing friends made to me. They say Mayweather is a "box and wait" kinda fighter. This means his fights are visually less exciting and so he has to make up for it by being mouthy outside of the ring. If he were unexciting visually inside the ring and was quiet and respectful outside the ring he wouldn't be a "crowd pleasing fighter" who got the big fights.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    When you look at some of those guys you can not help but think, Skin head or tatoo freak or whatever. Especially by people that do not travel those circles.
    I think MMA is now far more popular than boxing or wrestling. I personally know a few professional wrestlers, now retired, and know that it is fake. They are outstanding athletes though. MMA will never come close to professional football. Wars will stop for the superbowl game.
    The sad thing is that these fighters will have to call it quites one day, and most will not have a great deal to show for it. The promoters on the other hand will continue to make the big bucks long afterwards. They talk about 3 figure contracts, but when a fighter can negotiate his own fights for up to 20 million bucks you will know that MMA has finally arrived.
    Only Americans give two sh1ts about the Superbowl.

Sorry but the rest of the world will be watching the UEFA and Champions League, La Liga, Serie A, Premier League, World Cup etc.

**** American football it's a hideously boring sport.

Football ACTUALLY stopped a war, LOL:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...139402,00.html
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post

Sorry but the rest of the world will be watching the UEFA and Champions League, La Liga, Serie A, Premier League, World Cup etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post

**** American football it's a hideously boring sport.

Football ACTUALLY stopped a war, LOL:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...139402,00.html
    It also started one !!
    I think it was between Honduras and Nicaragua or some other central american countries, it lasted a few days and end up with lots of deaths.

American football is still boring as ****. Stopping the game at every down? So you can start again?

Seriously I want nonstop continuous action for 45 minutes at a time. Not this STOP-AND-GO stupidity.

And Rugly > American football as well.

Hockey > American football

The only sport that is even more boring is baseball. GOD I HATE THAT SPORT!
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

......................................Golf?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!