Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOF: Three or four things that Are on my mind.

WOT: Three or four things that Are on my mind.

Way off topic

Three or four things that Are on my mind.

Topics
    1) Global Warming.
    2) Christianity the Cult of Evil.
    3) The expanding earth theory?
    1) Everything Al Gore said was a lie. F_cking hippie drama queens

I saw yet another reference to this recently. Yes the earth is warming, at least in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere it's actually cooling down. The warming of the earth is a natural phenomena that we have no control of.

Of the trace green house gases CO2 is indeed currently the most abundant in our atmosphere. However this is through no fault of our own. Compared to natural production of green house gases by volcanoes, tree, forest fires, and evaporation of sea water, the CO2 we produce is but a drop in a very large bucket.

Water vapor in the atmosphere is way more abundant that CO2 and far more conducive to the green house effect. Hydrogen cars don't sound like such a good idea now, do they?

The increase of CO2 in the atmosphere happened after the earth started to heat up, not before. There is a lot of CO2 locked in the ocean, when that water evaporates as the earth heats up, naturally more CO2 would be released into the atmosphere. Forest fires are more common in a hot climate producing more CO2, and trees and veggies like the heat, crops yield more in a warm climate and produce more CO2.

We are just getting over the Little Ice Age which lasted from the 16Th to mid 19Th century. During the middle ages (800-1300AD) the earth was warmer than it is now.

The sun is producing more heat, as clearly demonstrated by the rise is temperature of other plants like Mars.

Ice makes heat. Large sheets of ice reflect light and heat back into the atmosphere. The earth warms up, the ice melts. The increase in moister causes increased cloud coverage which blocks the suns rays. The earth cools down. rinse repeat.

A scientific consensus my A$$!

http://www.iceagenow.com/
    http://www.stopdumbingdown.com/

I'm all for the environment, but many of the so called alternative fuels will likely be just as hazardous to the environment if not more so. We should be growing food not alternative cash crops for energy consumption.

Control through fear
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 06-02-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

2) Christianity the Cult of Evil

I'm a live and let live kind of guy, but Christians are really starting to tick me off. Their beliefs are starting to hedge in my life, liberty, and pursuit of all that.

The final straw was this new creationism museum. This is when I new things where starting to tip, NOT in my favor.

Is it me or are Christians getting stupider. There seems to be a revival of this "take the bible literally" movement recently. Personally I thought it was better when they when it was mostly thought of as parables and stories.

Christians always worked through fear, FEAR God, your going to Hell. But recently their Alarmism and ignorance is really putting me off of a lot of issues.

Like Stem cell research. They seem to have it in their little minds that scientists use aborted baby fetuses for their research. When the cells they use haven't seen the inside of a woman since the egg was harvested. They are just sitting in cold storage until they will be disposed of as medical waste. Or somatic cell nuclear transfer which doesn't even involve the fertilization of an egg.

My arguement is this

Lets assume God is Real, I don't pretend to be able to argue with blind faith.

My question is this, IF you believe in Him, WHY would you want to?

GOD is an as$hole. He doesn't display any characteristics that I find virtuous. He is a vain, ego maniacal bully. Outside of what ever feel good sermons they give on Sunday, the bible is full of God advocating, if not out right participating in Murder, rape, slavery, and human sacrifice. All things generally consider pretty freaking evil by today's standards. But I guess it's OK if God says so right?

Lets take a look a JOB, a fairly common story. Because of Gods 'Pride' in the faith of job he consents to the Killing of relatively Innocent people such as his servants? and children. When Job asks for some justification for this, God comes down and says, because he can. He goes on and on about all He knows and all He can do, and pretty much just makes the argument of Might Makes Rights. God is all powerful, so he can do whatever he wants. That sounds like a bully to me. How about when he killed the first born children of Egypt were they not innocent, are your children innocent?

Why would God condemn a good man to hell for not Worshiping Him. In other words why would God condemn a man to hell for not appealing to His vanity. If you are a good man, in that you have never committed a sin against another man. The first 4 commandments all appeal to Gods vanity so anyone who was not a believer is automatically a sinner, but the next 6, the ones people actually know...

1) I am the Lord your God
    2) Thou shalt have no other gods before me, Thou shalt not make for yourself an idol
    3) Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of your God
    4) Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
    ...These ones...
    5) Honor Thy Mother and Father
    6) Thou shalt not murder
    7) Thou shalt not commit adultery
    8) Thou shalt not steal
    9) Thou shalt not bear false witness
    10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house.

Say he didn't break commandments 5 through 10. That man should spend eternity in hell? Any man who could be considered saintly by his peers by virtue of his deeds should spend eternity in Hell fire, for being Buddhist or whatever? I don't buy that, that's not any Justice I know of. And how is eternity in Hell a fit punishment for any sin of earth, life is short, eternity is forever.

www.evilbible.com

a very few quotes

In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

Jephthah Burns His Daughter

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)

God Will Kill Children

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
    Control through fear
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 06-02-2007 at 10:18 PM.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

3) Expanding earth theory

3) Expanding earth theory

Pretty cool sh!t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kL7qDeI05U
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

1. Yeah, many of the global warming theorists kind of ignore theories of random climat shifts. Many of my friends (we're engineers -.-) feel like we're shunned in conversations when we try to explain theories of climate shifts in the place of global warming.

2. No comment for my own safety, but nonetheless I agree for the most part

3. I have been reading up on this lately, it's extremely interesting, and would also coincide with other scientific theories that acknowledge additional incomprehensible dimensions. But it makes me wonder how strong the other dimensions would be to negate the gravitational effect each particle on earth has on eachother, and actually pull them apart! Very frightening to think about XD.

Good points ,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post

I'm a live and let live kind of guy, but Christians are really starting to tick me off. Their beliefs are starting to hedge in my life, liberty, and pursuit of all that.

I can't tell you how to feel about something like that, but that is an oversimplification

The final straw was this new creationism museum. This is when I new things where starting to tip, NOT in my favor.

Is it me or are Christians getting stupider. There seems to be a revival of this "take the bible literally" movement recently. Personally I thought it was better when they when it was mostly thought of as parables and stories.

Not all Christians take the Bible as the LITERAL word. Many (if not most) take it as the inspired Word, ineffeble only in matters of faith and religion. Yes, Evanglical and Fundamentalist theology is on the rise in the US, but they are by no means the majority. They are simple the most vocal and the media loves to show them. Oh, the Catholic Church also fully acknowledges the legitimacy of Evolution.

Christians always worked through fear, FEAR God, your going to Hell. But recently their Alarmism and ignorance is really putting me off of a lot of issues.

Again, oversimplification. I was brought into the (Catholic) Church by love. Not one person mentioned Hell. In fact, the Church emphasises love over all things. The Church does not take say that if you don't do this or this you are going to Hell. Rather, the Church stresses that it's teachings only help one come into communion with God for prosperity in this life and the next.

Like Stem cell research. They seem to have it in their little minds that scientists use aborted baby fetuses for their research. When the cells they use haven't seen the inside of a woman since the egg was harvested. They are just sitting in cold storage until they will be disposed of as medical waste. Or somatic cell nuclear transfer which doesn't even involve the fertilization of an egg.

First of all, not all Christians share the same theology. Second, that "harvested" egg IS fertilized outside of the womb and then destroyed. I suggest you read up on different Christian perspectives on Sex and Natural law. It would help you at least understand where we come from. "Theology of the Body" by Pope John Paul II is supposed to be very good for this.

My arguement is this

Lets assume God is Real, I don't pretend to be able to argue with blind faith.

I don't pretend to aruge it's easy.

My question is this, IF you believe in Him, WHY would you want to?

GOD is an as$hole. He doesn't display any characteristics that I find virtuous. He is a vain, ego maniacal bully. Outside of what ever feel good sermons they give on Sunday, the bible is full of God advocating, if not out right participating in Murder, rape, slavery, and human sacrifice. All things generally consider pretty freaking evil by today's standards. But I guess it's OK if God says so right?

I'm sorry, but this regurgitation of the Dawkins/Hitchens malarkey is very one sided. That which is God is ineffable. The Old Testament had very disturbing stories, but they aren't condoning all of those actions. In fact, most Old Testament stories are examples of "What not to do." Life back then was harsh, society different. Men's understanding of God would also be different, harsher.

Lets take a look a JOB, a fairly common story. Because of Gods 'Pride' in the faith of job he consents to the Killing of relatively Innocent people such as his servants? and children. When Job asks for some justification for this, God comes down and says, because he can. He goes on and on about all He knows and all He can do, and pretty much just makes the argument of Might Makes Rights. God is all powerful, so he can do whatever he wants. That sounds like a bully to me. How about when he killed the first born children of Egypt were they not innocent, are your children innocent?

The story of Job is a complex one, and even I struggle with it. However, isn't it possible that the Biblical writers were writing to an audience that WOULD think God would kill others as punishment? Perhaps it is told from that perspective so that those hearing the story would know what it was to suffer as Job did.

Why would God condemn a good man to hell for not Worshiping Him. In other words why would God condemn a man to hell for not appealing to His vanity. If you are a good man, in that you have never committed a sin against another man. The first 4 commandments all appeal to Gods vanity so anyone who was not a believer is automatically a sinner, but the next 6, the ones people actually know...

Not all Christians believe all Non-Christians go to Hell. In fact, in Catholic theology we have what is called "Babtism by desire." The goodness and love of these men who either could not accept Christ or never heard is Gospel baptized them. Also, I wouldn't call it vanity. The Old Jews, you must understand, where not Monotheists. God tried to point them in the direction of what the Divine was, one single omnipotent being. To put any other God before him wouldn't be in the Jews best interest since it was they he chose to reveal himself through. The human soul, heart, and mind pointed out certain things that are true in all religion, (men partly understanding Logos) but God showed them what it all was. And he showed it fully in Christ, the manifested word.

1) I am the Lord your God
    2) Thou shalt have no other gods before me, Thou shalt not make for yourself an idol
    3) Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of your God
    4) Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
    ...These ones...
    5) Honor Thy Mother and Father
    6) Thou shalt not murder
    7) Thou shalt not commit adultery
    8) Thou shalt not steal
    9) Thou shalt not bear false witness
    10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house.

Say he didn't break commandments 5 through 10. That man should spend eternity in hell? Any man who could be considered saintly by his peers by virtue of his deeds should spend eternity in Hell fire, for being Buddhist or whatever? I don't buy that, that's not any Justice I know of. And how is eternity in Hell a fit punishment for any sin of earth, life is short, eternity is forever.
    As I said, not all Christians feel this way. In Catholic theology, Hell isn't punishment either. Heaven and Hell are defined as communion with God and seperation from God respectivly. The way one lives his life devleops his soul. If he is a man of love, then I would think he would be welcome into the arms of God (whom we define as Love in it's fullest) but that is for no one but God to say.

You see, heaven and hell aren't punishments or rewards, they are the result of our actions. One doesn't get a reward for showing up to work and doing his job, he gets paid. Payment is not a reward, but the natural benefit of his working. Now, he may go above and beyond and be awarded special recognition, but that doesn't work in this analogy. (Unless the award is like...beatification.)
    Last edited by SaintSage; 06-02-2007 at 10:34 PM.

SaintSage

I know not all Christians are fundamentalist, and I appreciate those who are more "reasonable". But as you said they are growing.

Sill I'm ready to throw the baby out with the bath water, and the tub. The whole ideology in based on a very flawed book, that whole love thing is just the candy they hand out before indoctrinating you into evil. Were the crusades out of love, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch trials? They only love those willing to be like them, those they can control.

First of all, not all Christians share the same theology. Second, that "harvested" egg IS fertilized outside of the womb and then destroyed. I suggest you read up on different Christian perspectives on Sex and Natural law. It would help you at least understand where we come from. "Theology of the Body" by Pope John Paul II is supposed to be very good for this.
    a cursory search did not find what I was looking for. How about a link? Specific to stem cell research.

I know it is fertilized, but that's still not a person to me. If they left it there in that petry dish would it grow into a person? The second the SCAT one is not fertilized.

I'm sorry, but this regurgitation of the Dawkins/Hitchens malarkey is very one sided.
    I don't know who they are but at least I'm not alone.

That which is God is ineffable.
    Then he should have figured out a better way to express himself, because the bible sucks.

The Old Testament had very disturbing stories, but they aren't condoning all of those actions. In fact, most Old Testament stories are examples of "What not to do." Life back then was harsh, society different. Men's understanding of God would also be different, harsher.
    You can't pick and chose what you want to believe in. In the Bible God is condemned by His own words. If you don't believe those are the words of God then what good is the D@mn book!

More from the convient to my agrument little site www.evilbible.com

1) Capital Punishment Crimes:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Takuan

3. I have been reading up on this lately, it's extremely interesting, and would also coincide with other scientific theories that acknowledge additional incomprehensible dimensions. But it makes me wonder how strong the other dimensions would be to negate the gravitational effect each particle on earth has on eachother, and actually pull them apart! Very frightening to think about XD.

Are you taking about M theory dimensions or something else?
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

SaintSage

I know not all Christians are fundamentalist, and I appreciate those who are more "reasonable". But as you said they are growing.

Sill I'm ready to throw the baby out with the bath water, and the tub. The whole ideology in based on a very flawed book, that whole love thing is just the candy they hand out before indoctrinating you into evil. Were the crusades out of love, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch trials? They only love those willing to be like them, those they can control.

Again, that is not the whole of the Body of Christ. Individuals get it wrong. People can be misguided. The Inquisition and the witch trials were about fear. Many within the Body of Christ love those who aren't Christian. I love you. I hope that you are happy and I don't want to control you. A big part of Catholic theology is Free Will. You can't force someone into handing his life over to Christ, it won't be a true conversion.

a cursory search did not find what I was looking for. How about a link? Specific to stem cell research.

I know it is fertilized, but that's still not a person to me. If they left it there in that petry dish would it grow into a person? The second the SCAT one is not fertilized.

If you give me some time, I may be able to find literature about it on the internet. The whole thing is tough to understand if you aren't well versed in theology of the body (the idea, not the book neccesarily) and I don't think I would do it justice trying to explain it right now.

I don't know who they are but at least I'm not alone.

My bad. It sounded almost word for word like those two. (They're famous athiest authors.)

Then he should have figured out a better way to express himself, because the bible sucks.

I don't think it sucks. I think the people who wrote it saw the world with their own perspective and sometimes that perspective is very difficult to understand and work around to get to the meaty core of the revealed God.

You can't pick and chose what you want to believe in. In the Bible God is condemned by His own words. If you don't believe those are the words of God then what good is the D@mn book!

Forgive me, I was refering to certain stories of people like Abraham and some Kings who did things they should not have done, I wasn't refering to Law.

Those "evil" quotes are much better understood when we realize that the only laws God himself wrote were the Ten Commandments. The other laws were inspired. For example, I would venture to guess that God inspired the writer to understanding that at the time, influence of other religions wouldn't be beneficial, and unfortunatly, the author took that to mean they needed to be killed!

Are Christians getting more stupid? Not really, it's just the idiots are getting louder, and the internet and the explosion of TV channels gives them better platforms to be stupid. However, are the idiots really any more stupid than the hordes of people who currently found their ideas about Christianity on a novel?
    As a point of historical accuracy I should point out that the first two Crusades were DEFENSIVE on the part of the europeans. The arabs attacked them and they retaliated. As these were the major crusades, and everything else that came after was tit for tat nonsense, probably not the best example.
    As for the inquisition, where exactly in the Bible does it say "And ye shall torture Jews and anyone who thinks differently to you" ? People are people, and people do barbaricly stupid things, and will use any angle they can to push their own agenda. This happens wether people are Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist, with numerous historical examples.
    Stem Cell research is a VERY grey area, and it comes down to fundamental questions about what constitutes human life. It's difficult to argue that fertalised human embryos are not human life, but this would harm the entire field of embryology, so you end up back at the "cluster of cells" argument.
    As for why are the idiots getting louder, Christians are becoming ghettoised on the internet. People complain about Christians affecting there freedoms, and then proceed to criticise every aspect of Christian life
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

i say blame it all on bush .that piece of free masion trash sh,t

Forget all that Problem of Evil crap.....

The Problem of Evil in the Bible and in religion isn't that big of a problem.

The Problem of Inanity and Silliness is far worse.

Take for example, well, these examples:

Ezekiel 4:12-13 KJV

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them."
    God actually tells the Jews to eat shit, and they do.....
    Question: when your bread's baked with poo, does it rise?

Samuel 5:6 KJV

"But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof. And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god. They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither. And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts."

That's right, mutha****a! Mess with God and he'll strike you with a scorching case of.....hemmoroids (the piles)? ****, that's some cold ****!

Malachi 2:3 KJV

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it."

Okay, surely God has had enough of his fecal fetishism......

II Chronicles 12:19 KJV

"And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease. And it came to pass, that in process of time, after the end of two years, his bowels fell out by reason of sickness: so he died of sore diseases. And his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers."

Or not....

Deutoronomy 23:1-2 KJV

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Isn't it bad enough, that if you lose your *****, you've lost your *****?

I do find it very uncomfortable that the healthiness of my ***** determines just how much God likes me.

And how shall a child honor his father and mother (if he's a *******) if he's cut of from the nation because of his father or mother's misfortune of being born a *******?

God's a real ****er sometimes.

Wow, with all that censorship, that last post looks gangsta....

Way off topic

Three or four things that Are on my mind.

1) Everything Al Gore said was a lie. F_cking hippie drama queens

I saw yet another reference to this recently. Yes the earth is warming, at least in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere it's actually cooling down. The warming of the earth is a natural phenomena that we have no control of.

Of the trace green house gases CO2 is indeed currently the most abundant in our atmosphere. However this is through no fault of our own. Compared to natural production of green house gases by volcanoes, tree, forest fires, and evaporation of sea water, the CO2 we produce is but a drop in a very large bucket.

Water vapor in the atmosphere is way more abundant that CO2 and far more conducive to the green house effect. Hydrogen cars don't sound like such a good idea now, do they?

The increase of CO2 in the atmosphere happened after the earth started to heat up, not before. There is a lot of CO2 locked in the ocean, when that water evaporates as the earth heats up, naturally more CO2 would be released into the atmosphere. Forest fires are more common in a hot climate producing more CO2, and trees and veggies like the heat, crops yield more in a warm climate and produce more CO2.

We are just getting over the Little Ice Age which lasted from the 16Th to mid 19Th century. During the middle ages (800-1300AD) the earth was warmer than it is now.

The sun is producing more heat, as clearly demonstrated by the rise is temperature of other plants like Mars.

Ice makes heat. Large sheets of ice reflect light and heat back into the atmosphere. The earth warms up, the ice melts. The increase in moister causes increased cloud coverage which blocks the suns rays. The earth cools down. rinse repeat.

A scientific consensus my A$$!

http://www.iceagenow.com/
    http://www.stopdumbingdown.com/

I'm all for the environment, but many of the so called alternative fuels will likely be just as hazardous to the environment if not more so. We should be growing food not alternative cash crops for energy consumption.

Control through fear

I am going to have to disagree with you there. Do you live in a big city? Okay, if you do, drive about ten miles out to a point where you can see the skyline or the city at between three o'clock PM and 5 o' clock PM. Do you see that yellow haze that blankets the city?

Where do you think that stuff is going? Nowhere?

It disperses throughout the atmosphere. Okay, now imagine that's there, oh, I don't know, every day of the week for the past 20 years or more......

That's a hefty bit of pollution, man.

I'm not a die hard global warming guy, and I do understand the validity of every point you brought up, but they still don't negate the fact that our earth has a delicate balance of gases in the atmosphere that keeps us from becoming, say, Mars or Venus, and developed into the greenhouses effect---a balance we can help tip rapidly and irrevocably.

Don't believe me? Go stick your mouth on your car's tailpipe for about three minutes. If you give me a thumbs up sign and whatever vestige of a smile you can manage, I'll believe you.

There will always be sheep to get in line. Whether it be blindly following religion or science (scientism), they will accept what the authorities tell them and use that dogma as if they had thought of it themselves and are somehow privy to a special thing.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with believing in religion or science, but quite often people do not understand how the stuff works and make very, very grandiose statements...such as truth claims which don't exist in science.
    A unique snowflake

Truth claims do exist in science.

Not Truth, as in spiritually reinforcing, blow-my-mind kind of truth.

But descriptions of things percieved, and their effects on other things, whose effects can be perceived, such claims of truth do exist.