Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

I just realized that M Night Shyamalan has been signed to do a live action Avatar trilogy... here's the thing, if the cast isn't all Asian this thing **** well better be scrapped. I mean, I've seen some sites with discussion of who should be cast in what roles and I'm seeing stuff like "Liam Neeson for the Fire Lord." What??? You've got to be kidding me with that garbage...

M Night hasn't made a half-decent movie since Signs. And Signs was only half-decent.

rumours

those are just rumours and talk, until i see an official press release i won;t believe it. also i dn; think the cast should be all asian it shoul be mixed to apeal to all kids. the two southern water tribe kids are obviously not asian at leas not asian in the sence that you mean. but more inuit(escamo) looking. but anyway its just hear say

I don't think Katara or Sokka look Inuit. Their clothing perhaps, but not their features.

By the way, how great are the waterbenders from the swamp? Rednecks in Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Rednecks in Avatar.
    They represent RBSD.

I don't think Katara or Sokka look Inuit. Their clothing perhaps, but not their features.

By the way, how great are the waterbenders from the swamp? Rednecks in Avatar.
    really they look very native american/ inuit to me the skin tone the hair cuts. all be it from like the 1600's like natie to me. but yeah i would love to see a mix of races as long as they don't make the blacks the fire nation. this isn't 300 now. but again i don'tthink its going to be made and if it is its notgonna be with m night. speilbergs been wanting to do a martial arts/ samurai style film for a while maybe he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    really they look very native american/ inuit to me the skin tone the hair cuts. all be it from like the 1600's like natie to me. but yeah i would love to see a mix of races as long as they don't make the blacks the fire nation. this isn't 300 now. but again i don'tthink its going to be made and if it is its notgonna be with m night. speilbergs been wanting to do a martial arts/ samurai style film for a while maybe he'll do it.

Speilberg would probably stick some aliens in for good measure, like he did with Kubrick's AI.

It would have to a largely Asian cast, the Water Tribes are pretty Asian... especially the Northern ones. Air Nomads are clearly Shaolin monks that do ba gua, and the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom are super traditional Chinese Confucian socieities.

well they can always change things for films.

tonights ep

this episode was awesome and probably going in my top five favorite episodes. finally get to see sokka kicking ass. and that sword is the ****.

this episode was awesome and probably going in my top five favorite episodes. finally get to see sokka kicking ass. and that sword is the ****.
    Yep, great. It was nice to see him starting to crack under the pressure of being around benders all the time and never being able to do anything particularly extraordinary. That would definitely get to a guy, especially if you're the oldest of the troupe.

the best scene was to see iroh get deasel as hell

the best scene was to see iroh get deasel as hell

You mean when the guard was like "you're a disgrace, look at you you fat slob" and then dude drops his pillow/pad out and takes off his robe and dude is all jacked?

yeah, that was cool.

13. this is cool, I think its a cartoon of Sifu Kisu what do you think?
    http://www.harmoniousfist.com/kstar.html
    http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/characters.php?id=259

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    this is cool, I think its a cartoon of Sifu Kisu what do you think?
    http://www.harmoniousfist.com/kstar.html
    http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/characters.php?id=259
    I'd say he was definitely inspiration for that character. Who was great, by the way.

There was also implications of a secret society with the white lotus medallion that he presented to Sokka, which was also worked into the main design on the gates of his residence. I'm interested in seeing that pan out.