Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    This will be the only movie in history that sucked before it was made

Lol the trailers for this movie looks nice, but how come im gettin the feeling its gonna remind me of Dragonball: Evolution? :/

I'm trying not to like it but...

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

So... old Asian dude is obviously an Air Nomad elder... and yet they hired a little white kid for Aang?

It's like they casted according to dimwitted perceptions of some viewers. "Well, Aang looks white but all the other Air Nomads are Asians." Stupid.

One thing I'll always grant this film, as expected it is some **** fine eye candy.

Amos and Andy

Remember Blackface? Charlie Chan? Joel Gray playing Chuen In "Remo Williams", David Carradine in Kung Fu.......
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Yeah, it really irks me. I can't get behind it in the full ticket price kind of way.

wimpy

Come on now. Who couldn't beat a Twilight vampire? They aren't like real vampires. They're just pretty-boy poseurs. They don't even hop.
    Could Jackson Rathbone's 'Last Airbender' Character Beat His 'Twilight' Vampire In A Fight?
    Posted 4 hrs ago by Rick Marshall in News

In M. Night Shyamalan's "The Last Airbender," actor Jackson Rathbone plays Sokka, a teenage warrior from the Southern Water Tribe who lacks the water-bending powers of his peers but has the makings of a great leader all the same. On a quest alongside his sister, Katara, and the last remaining airbender, Aang, Sokka's mettle is tested as the small group tries to restore balance to their warring world.

MTV News caught up with Rathbone while he was promoting his new film, "Dread," and managed to slip in a few questions about the special effects in store for "Airbender" audiences and how Sokka stacks up against his "Twilight" character, the vampire Jasper Hale.

"My character's more of a sardonic figure," Rathbone told MTV News. "But he's a budding young warrior, so I got to do a lot of hand-to-hand fighting, which was really fun. I had to go through about two-to-three months of kung-fu training, that was just... Oh, man, that was a workout."

"But it was fun, I learned a lot," he continued. "I'm a lot more flexible now. It was really cool to get to do a lot of the hand-to-hand fight scenes where you're walking through this war zone and suddenly somebody jumps out at you and you have to kind of block and hit them in the head. It was pretty crazy. My character is armed with a boomerang."

As for what audiences will see when "Airbender" hits theaters, Rathbone gushed about the film's FX-heavy moments.

"I've seen clips and bits of the scenes and the CGI, and they're both going to be incredible, and they're going to blow people away," he said. "What modern technology's able to do is just mind-blowing, it's such an honor and a privilege to be part of these films."

However, when pressed to admit who's tougher, Sokka or Jasper, Rathbone declined to even consider the two characters squaring off — but he did admit to feeling the pressure to pick a favorite.

"It's actually kind of funny, because my friends were ripping me about that last night," he said. "Now that I have these action figures, these Jasper action figures, and they're coming out with the Sokka action figures for 'Airbender,' they're saying they're going to buy both of them and fight them."

"Who would win? I don't know," he said. "I kind of want to stay out of that one. I'm not really a betting man. ... I'll be Switzerland."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

I heard that the graphic/images will be great

I got most of the series of animation dvd.

It wound be nice to see actual persons acting on the big screen.

Ang can be many "shapes" in different lives.

--

Real vAmpires hop, hop... hop, hop...... Happy Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Come on now. Who couldn't beat a Twilight vampire? They aren't like real vampires. They're just pretty-boy poseurs. They don't even hop.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    <SNIP>
    Ang can be many "shapes" in different lives.

--

Wow! That's a great idea for a new series:
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...wrong Avatar above

Here's the official website with the new trailer (different from the Superbowl one)
    Just saw the trailer... eh, ok. This is my frustration, if you look at most old ma flicks, all of the young boys in them were highly skilled at form and choreo. So they couldn't find a chinese (yes, I want a chinese kid specifically) that speaks english, to play Aang. Back in the day, didn't they actually get a young girl often to play a young boy, in ma films. They just took to it quicker and the wires didnt change the octive level in their speech. They could even do that, and it would have more credibility to me.
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post

Not even Chinese cinema has really managed that, yet. What Hollywood has done is take a quintessentially Asian fantasy cartoon world and stripped it of it's unique qualities by giving us, yet again, a band of white people who are going to save the day. Worse yet, save the day from the evil brown people. Compound matters, those brown people are apparently all South Asian, Persian and Arab! Thanks for hijacking something cool and turning it into yet another "white is right" propaganda piece Hollywood!
    Wow, that's heavyhanded, and I am in 100% agreement with you. Why have a China-based movie, that garnered a legion of fans, based on tradition, and cast opie taylor as the lead? Unfortunate answer: to make $. The only folks that will be disappointed with this movie, are the original fanbase that made it viable.
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!

well the movie was written and directed by a brown person...and as director/writer/producer he had total say so over casting...take that however you want it.

I have some suspicions about M Night Shyamalan's own inferiority complex vis-a-vis his non-white heritage. I mean, he cast people that look like him in the role of the villians of the saga.

That could, of course, be a bit of a presumption.

New Trailer:
    http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

Special effects are excellent, no denying that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !