Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

I just watched the episode where Sokka meets his sword master...that sword master looked awefully familiar....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I can't get into this one because of M. Night Shyamalan himself. I haven't seen one good film from him since The Sixth Sense, and even that I thought wasn't all that great. I kept going to see his films, because the ideas sounded good, and kept being disappointed. Plus, I'm certain he's given himself some role in the film, again. At least when Hitchc0ck did walk-ons in his own films, he was subtle about it.

going to a special screening of this on the 29th. so i just might have the first review, ill let you guys know my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I just watched the episode where Sokka meets his sword master...that sword master looked awefully familiar....
    Notice that did you?
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ask M. Night yourself

Interactive journalism, from TIME no less. I should do this. It would make interviews so much easier.
    Ask M. Night Shyamalan
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 10:34 am

With Steven Spielberg and George Lucas as sources of inspiration, M. Night Shyamalan has made it his mission to write and direct "intelligent commercial movie[s]." His 1999 film The Sixth Sense proved his first major success at fulfilling that formula, receiving six Oscar nominations including Best Picture and Best Director. He followed it with works like Unbreakable, Signs, The Village and The Happening. His latest film, The Last Airbender, is out July 1. Submit your questions for M. Night Shyamalan below, then read the interview in an upcoming issue of TIME magazine.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Notice that did you?
    LOL !
    lol ya! and then i found this on the internetz

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'm guessing that Piandao is modeled after Sifu Kisu?

Btw, am I the only person excited about seeing this movie? Everyone else seems kinda ****ed about the cast choices...

I do wish they had gotten someone that actually looks like Uncle Iroh, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I'm guessing that Piandao is modeled after Sifu Kisu?

Btw, am I the only person excited about seeing this movie? Everyone else seems kinda ****ed about the cast choices...

I do wish they had gotten someone that actually looks like Uncle Iroh, though.
    I am still excited, the special effects look great and my kids love the story and characters.
    I do hope that the comedy is still there though.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Me too. Sokka and Iroh are great characters who are almost always used to lighten the mood in the show.

I hadn't thought of that. Now you've got me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Me too. Sokka and Iroh are great characters who are almost always used to lighten the mood in the show.

I hadn't thought of that. Now you've got me worried.
    ditto, and i think this is how it is for a lot of fans....

welp im seeing it on tuesday and will let all know if its worth it or not...however i think you guys should see it, if only to promote martial arts in the mainstream.

thanks doug, i'll look forward to your review. ive become a fan of the show, so i'll likely see this once its out near me.

i personally have not looked into the movie other than seeing that flash of a preview months ago with Aang doing some staff work.

I have no idea who the cast is, and will wait to find out when i see the movie.

i love doing it this way so its all a suprise, pleasant or no.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing it, despite my gripes with the casting and what not.

I have heard through the grapevine that Mike and Bryan, the creators of the series, are not particularly pleased with the results M. Night has handed in. Which doesn't surprise me really. Saw that coming when casting was announced.

I'll probably be at the theater on like the 5th with my son and my dad just because there is nothing else in the theaters I'm remotely interested in. I want to take my son to Karate Kid too... see if he wants to learn some kung fu after that.

Lucas, i like the Muhammad quote in your sig. :thumbsup:

well M.night is moving on so i dont think he is going to be directing the sequel for this film. if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    well M.night is moving on so i dont think he is going to be directing the sequel for this film. if there is one.
    Really? Where did that come from?