Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

First of all, I am a great fan of the series, and I just came here to thank
    Lokhopkuen for providing the the expert Martial Art information and choreography to make one of the best animated shows out there. Seriously, you can feel the power behind the moves. They feel real, something the live-action seriously lacked.

Anyway, Lokhopkuen, you're awesome, rock on.

PS: I've heard rumors about a new series being under production, by the title of Avatar: Legend Of Korra. You wouldn't know anything about that by any chance?
    Last edited by Quaero; 07-13-2010 at 05:03 PM.

at the age of computer graphic or computer generated image CGI

plus wire fu.

non MA peep may perform MA stunt.

such as matrix

such as steven chow

such as ---

so actors or actresses prior MA are not required.

but of course, they have to practice the moves in the set before shooting.

I'm so glad my dad paid for this one. I was about to walk out of the theater, my4 year old (who loves the show and as a little vegetarian he thinks Aang is pretty **** cool just for his vegetarianism alone) fell asleep during everything at the Northern Water Tribe and woke up for the finale(which he thought was cool), and my dad dozed off and he's never seen the series.

I think M. Night needs to be Pi Chuan'd repeatedly for this mess.

nah no pi chuan...tsuan chuan for obvious reasons lol.

LOL

even better yet wang shu jin comes back to life and does it, a hundred times.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Lol!!!!!!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    even better yet wang shu jin comes back to life and does it, a hundred times.
    Oh, I love that... Zombie Wang Shu Jin. He should be cast as an Air Nomad!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Yeah- Sokka sucked (no humor), and the name changes... wtf!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    ang pronouced eng is better, thou
    I'm a big fan of the "Indymogul" channel on Youtube and I was recently watching one of their interviews with the actors who played Katara and Sokka. Now, I don't claim to be a die hard fan of Avatar, but even I noticed how they were butchering the names. One youtuber claimed the American pronunciation of the show was incorrect and that those complaining about the name changes were "illitrates" (illiterates). He cited how a "Aa" sound is pronounced like an "O." And since the character names were based on Chinese, he reasoned the movie pronunciations were correct. I didn't agree with this assessment, so I replied with the following:

-- "Avatar was created by, written by, and produced by Americans, so that pronunciation should be the one utilized in the movie. Another important thing to remember is that the language spoken in the Avatar world is English, but its written form is Chinese. Therefore, real world linguistic norms do not apply. In the Avatar world, the dual characters chosen to “represent” his name (安昂) are pronounced together as a single word (like the a-n-g in hang). Conversely, the real world pronunciation of both characters sounds like “on ong” (granted there are tonal differences between them). So even if the film makers were going off of the Chinese characters, they are still pronouncing it wrong since they aren't voicing the first character.

I’m not really a stickler for spelling (I often make mistakes myself), but if you are going to criticize someone’s reading ability, you should at least spell “illiterate” correctly." --

They haven't replied back.

I don't plan on seeing this movie anytime soon. This is particularly vexing to my nephew who has Avatar running through his veins. The fact that M. Knight Shamalamadingdong was chosen to direct this was my first tip off the movie was going to be crappy. Then came the casting choices ...

I love that picture David posted. I saw it a few days ago when I was reading an online review for the movie. I had a good laugh!

David's post was 100% on the button.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i wonder how the guy feels knowing everyone knows his movies get progressivly worse and worse to the point that most people would rather roll around in week old vomit than actually pay to watch HIS vomit. although im sure his wallet comforts him nicely.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

so the name should be sounded like ong

or wong

or an yang or an for short.

so an it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i wonder how the guy feels knowing everyone knows his movies get progressivly worse and worse to the point that most people would rather roll around in week old vomit than actually pay to watch HIS vomit. although im sure his wallet comforts him nicely.
    Comfort Kills
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    there is a reason this film is the worst reviewed of the year. im pretty sure none of the critics seen it and they thought it sucks....hell my mom thought it was dragon ball z or something and she thought it sucked too....how can you enjoy levels of boringness, that was m.nights the last airbender...
    Worse review of the year makes 100 Million in one weekend?
    Says something about the state of affairs in the world today.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up