Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    PLEASE, GIVE US SPOILERS. I hear chapter 13 is called " The Big Joker" and its about breaking Bumi out, by ether Iroh and Jeong Jeong or the avatar and gang for further training, I've seen 2 versions
    I won't spoil it 'cause a certain unnamed Sifu will lump me up, but you are warm. No bumi though.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Wildwoo View Post
    I won't spoil it 'cause a certain unnamed Sifu will lump me up, but you are warm. No bumi though.
    No bumi Crap,I understand Thanks.

Ah, we'll just watch it when it airs in the UK later on this week.

Then next year when it airs in the US too.

basically. even thou this is the last season which sucks. and then we have to wait for m night shamalamadingdong to mess it up and add stupid twist. like actually katara is descended from angs brother and is his super great grand niece(oh what a twist!) or that ang is not the real avatar but Zuko is(oh what a twist!)

^I hope Shyamalan doesn't mess this up. I'd hate to see him try to pull one of his famous "bizarre" twists with Avatar. Like I said before, this thing should pretty much be cast of all Asians. It would be stretching it to do otherwise, in my opinion. Especially if, as in this season so far, Katara and Sokka are going to be passing for Fire Nation people... while their culture seems Inuit at times, they couldn't pass for Fire Nation if they weren't Asian. The Fire Nation is definitely Asian to the max. Same with the Earth Kingdom.

Are we certain this is the last season of Avatar? I mean, in theory there come be some reason they'd have to do a book 4: Air.

6. If you look up avatar comic con 2007 on youtube, theirs a 7 part panel Q&A deal, in it thay say thay most likely will have more seasons, but it will be a totaly diffrent storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    ^I hope Shyamalan doesn't mess this up. I'd hate to see him try to pull one of his famous "bizarre" twists with Avatar. Like I said before, this thing should pretty much be cast of all Asians. It would be stretching it to do otherwise, in my opinion. Especially if, as in this season so far, Katara and Sokka are going to be passing for Fire Nation people... while their culture seems Inuit at times, they couldn't pass for Fire Nation if they weren't Asian. The Fire Nation is definitely Asian to the max. Same with the Earth Kingdom.

Are we certain this is the last season of Avatar? I mean, in theory there come be some reason they'd have to do a book 4: Air.
    all asian cast in big budget hollywood movie. sorry bu but thats a no go. hollywood has to apeal to the mass's and the mass's won't see an all asian film even if it is in english(and except for CTHD they haven't)so you shouldn;t hold your breath on that one. **** goku isn't even japanese(even thou he is an alien so he shouldn't be japanese).

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    all asian cast in big budget hollywood movie. sorry bu but thats a no go. hollywood has to apeal to the mass's and the mass's won't see an all asian film even if it is in english(and except for CTHD they haven't)so you shouldn;t hold your breath on that one. **** goku isn't even japanese(even thou he is an alien so he shouldn't be japanese).

They'd have to significantly rework the entire mythology and setting of Avatar to do it without it being largely Asian cast.

What's DBZ got to do with this anyways?

They'd have to significantly rework the entire mythology and setting of Avatar to do it without it being largely Asian cast.

What's DBZ got to do with this anyways?
    and they will i just got heads up that, m nights first script was declined, because it needed to be reworked. trust me the cast doesn;t have to be largly asian to work or to make sence. trust me when i say it won;t happen. Dragon ball is the biggest ****ing animation in the world, hands down withoiut a shadow of a doubt. and if they are not going to make that largly asian although there are a few they will not make a nick cartoon largly asian. botom line it comes down to money this is a potiential 100 million dollar project and they're gonna want it to apeal to everyone.

American racism sucks balls. If any minority has gotten the short end of the stick in Hollywood it's Asians.

Arabs/Muslims too.

I think DBZ is going to suck. I can, however, see that not being entirely Asian. The manga/anime itself isn't very clear on that. Avatar, however, is quite clearly very Asian. The only non-Asian character in the show so far has been the Indian guru dude... and technically he's Asian.

actually its dragon ball and i think its gonna be pretty good its gonna be a total defferent film in context of the anime but i think its gonna be good. as for avatar it is not clearly asian as katara and saka clearly look inuit to me.

No way dude. Katara and Sokka pass as Fire Nation kids in Book 3, they couldn't do that if they weren't Asian.

Are you saying the movie isn't DBZ, but Dragonball? Like, as in, the origin manga/anime based on Journey to the West? How many movies in the next couple years are we going to get based on that one? At least 2 with this and Forbidden Kingdom...

No way dude. Katara and Sokka pass as Fire Nation kids in Book 3, they couldn't do that if they weren't Asian.

Are you saying the movie isn't DBZ, but Dragonball? Like, as in, the origin manga/anime based on Journey to the West? How many movies in the next couple years are we going to get based on that one? At least 2 with this and Forbidden Kingdom...
    well forbidden kingdom is sorta like a sequal to journey to the west. as it deals with the search for the monkey king. dude they didn't pass as fire nation they passed as colony people get that straight.

**** dude you paying cash relax it'll come out in due time just be patient.11 was dope thou. can't wait to see 12 13 14 heard they get better.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    **** dude you paying cash relax it'll come out in due time just be patient.11 was dope thou. can't wait to see 12 13 14 heard they get better.
    You can already watch Chapter 12: The Western Air Temple on Youtube, Livevideo, Veoh, Stage6 or Dailymotion... :-D and Chapter 13: The Firebending Masters will be online Friday night...
    Last edited by Avatar-Omega; 12-29-2007 at 10:53 PM.