Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

i meant to say 12 was out. yeah i saw it good ep

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i meant to say 12 was out. yeah i saw it good ep
    Heh okay.. Yea it was great..

3. I have a problem, its been pointed out to me that in the episode "The Swamp" where the waterbender is explaining what the tree shows in the visions, he states (not a quote) it shows people we lost, miss ect. Ang saw Toph because "time is a illuseion(sp)" of course she will be his teacher and all, but the tree wasn't trying to tell ang who to look for, because the tree doesn't know time it was showing Ang someone he will miss that will pass, everyone else shown was dead, I think Toph will die in the show, I don't want it to happend but its logic to me once I watched again while thinking about, what the waterbender says, what ang said in the section was focused on figureing out why he didn't know her it didn't conflict with the waterbender. am I insane?

It could happen... but that'd be a terribly dark twist to the show. Having one of the main kids whacked and all.

Hu/Hugh is that waterbender's name... and I took that whole think kinda like Yoda telling Luke the Force would show him the past, the future and old friends long gone. Just sorta telling him that it's something beyond his current mode of comprehension.

5. Thanks man, most people I talk to about it wouldn't even think about it, and the show had characters die before. I don't want it to happen because toph is #1, in my book if she does I hope "its a good day to die" for her.

toph is my favorite character but hey i can see it. my favorite character in the naruto manga died so now i have efffection for any character.

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,.............................. ..... .......
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,. ..... ............
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Son, I think we need to have a little chat.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Son, I think we need to have a little chat.

lol. hey the naruto managa is hot **** the anime. and after jeraiya died i have NO(thats what i meant to say) effection for any character.

The Pervy Sage dies? ******. I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    The Pervy Sage dies? ******. I liked him.
    yeah ma nhe went out like a hero. fighting the leader of akatsuki who may or may not have been a former student of his. who is the most powerful ninja walking.

See, I need to get up on Naruto. I've just been catching bits and peices on Cartoon Network... but there's a website with the Japanese version up to season 9 or 10. I've yet to read the manga at all. Too much to catch up on almost. Maybe I should give it a shot though.

Pervy Sage cracks me up.

13 is up at http://www.Watch-Avatar.com ! It's great.

so after thriteen where you see a more mayan type culture do you still think that if they make a film it's gotta be largly asian.

Hey, I'll admit those dudes were definitely giving a Central American native vibe. Still very Asian in many ways though.

I'll be ****ed if they were to start turning protagonists into Caucasians though... that would be typical Hollywood BS. And I'm white as a lily. There's not been any Caucasians in the Avatar world yet.

I was looking at some stuff in the children's section at Barnes & Noble this evening and found a bunch of Avatar stuff. Books called the "lost scrolls" that tell legends and myths about the nations and elements. Some stuff about the Earth Kingdom, untold tales or something like that. A manga type book that was actual stills from the show with word balloons. They've done that one with the Star Wars movies too. Plus there's this young reader's series called "The Five Ancestors" that has absolutely nothing to do with Avatar but everything to do with kung fu that I'm interested in. It seems like a retelling/revisioning of stories about survivors of Shaolin Temple burnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Hey, I'll admit those dudes were definitely giving a Central American native vibe. Still very Asian in many ways though.

I'll be ****ed if they were to start turning protagonists into Caucasians though... that would be typical Hollywood BS. And I'm white as a lily. There's not been any Caucasians in the Avatar world yet.

I was looking at some stuff in the children's section at Barnes & Noble this evening and found a bunch of Avatar stuff. Books called the "lost scrolls" that tell legends and myths about the nations and elements. Some stuff about the Earth Kingdom, untold tales or something like that. A manga type book that was actual stills from the show with word balloons. They've done that one with the Star Wars movies too. Plus there's this young reader's series called "The Five Ancestors" that has absolutely nothing to do with Avatar but everything to do with kung fu that I'm interested in. It seems like a retelling/revisioning of stories about survivors of Shaolin Temple burnings.

well i'm black as night. and i know how these hollywood people think. they gonna make ang white, think about it they got the two biggest stars in china in one movie and they still put an unknown caucasian in the movie. they're afraid they've been afraid and they alays gonna be afraid. they only want to make money and the kids who watch this movie are not gonna gripe if ang is white.