Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

1. Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    just watched the two hour finally and i got to see awesome. the final showdown between and and the firlord wreaked of awesomeness. when ang spared him at the end it reminded me of challenge of the masters. the whole story was great. still some loose ends that will hopefully be tied up with the three one hour specials that are set to come out. and there's the live action version but i'm not really looking forward to it. because m.night shamalamadingdong is set to write and direct all three film.
    I haven't herd of 3 one hour specials,(that would be great) if you don't mind where did you here it?

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    just watched the two hour finally and i got to see awesome. the final showdown between and and the firlord wreaked of awesomeness. when ang spared him at the end it reminded me of challenge of the masters. the whole story was great. still some loose ends that will hopefully be tied up with the three one hour specials that are set to come out. and there's the live action version but i'm not really looking forward to it. because m.night shamalamadingdong is set to write and direct all three film.
    It was good. I wanted to see more of Uncle.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post

Wow. Great wrap up to the series. I'm glad the creators had the integrity to tell the story that needed to be told and not drag it out longer than was necessary. Perfect, just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    Same here with the family, but I got my boy to watch it. As soon as I get home, I'll IM him on myspace to see if he replys, he's not that old. I hope its a mistake. What news show was it?
    Wow I'm dead? Kool!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Wow I'm dead? Kool!
    That day I knew it was false info because looked to see when your Myspace page was last updated. Glad the old man isn't dead yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Wow I'm dead? Kool!
    That day I knew it was false info because I looked to see when your Myspace page was last updated. Glad the old man isn't dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    That day I knew it was false info because I looked to see when your Myspace page was last updated. Glad the old man isn't dead yet.
    I'm not old just seasoned.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

The cast of Avatar

Maybe it's just me but I always pictured more of them to be Asian...

First Look: The Cast of The Last Airbender
    Posted on Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 at 4:17 am by: Peter Sciretta

Entertainment Weekly reports that M. Night Shyamalan has found the cast for The Last Airbender, the live-action adaptation of the popular Nickelodeon anime-inspired series Avatar.

Karate star Noah Ringer (discovered in a Texas open casting call) will play Aang, the Avatar (the spirit of the planet manifested in human form), the last surviving Airbender and a monk of the Air Nomads, a race of people with the unique ability to manipulate the air around them. He is assigned with the task of keeping the Four Nations at peace.

Jackson Rathbone (Twilight’s Jasper Hale) is in talks to play Aang’s friend Sokka, a warrior of the South Pole’s Southern Water Tribe, a race of people who can control and manipulate water.

Nicola Peltz (Deck the Halls) has been cast as Sokka’s fourteen-year-old sister Katara, the last remaining Waterbender of her entire Tribe.

Pop/R&B singer Jesse McCartney is in talks to play the Fire Nation’s evil prince Zuko. Exiled from the Fire Nation by his father, Zuko is sent to capture the Avatar in order to restore his honor and right to the throne.

The Last Airbender is being targeted for a July 2nd 2010 release.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Wow I'm dead? Kool!
    No, it's not Kool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I'm not old just seasoned.
    You could say that.......

How the heck did I miss this thread?
    Oh.... I guess it's because I usually give this sub-forum a "pass".......

well you know that's hollywood gene, me personally i would have had a moxed bunch, different races across the board. and its interesting that m.night went with what i think maybe an all white cast.

I think the movie is going to be the biggest piece of crap with that cast. It's going to make no sense unless they start changing the cultural trappings of the whole world of Avatar drastically.

Jesse McCartney as Zuko? Seriously? The Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom are the two most Chinese things in the whole show. And a karate kid to play a character whose bending is based on bagua... insanity.

Talking

It could work out fine. They will be trained correctly after all. Considering that the kid playing Aang has prior training , it shouldnt be too hard to fix his movements. They should have been looking for dancers. They are easier to teach.

100% agree with ittokas dancers make for better screen fighters, especially street dancers.

I have one thing to say:

M. Night Shamylan persistently brings the suck.

I look forward to seeing this in the "marked down for quick sale" bin at Blockbuster.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.