Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Video: Hsing Yi Chuan (Xingyiquan) Form and Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Anone View Post
    anonymity spewing B.S. and not have anyone truly knowledgeable looking over your shoulders. Well, I got news for ya... we do,
    The problem is that we just don't believe that you are qualified to be in the group of "truly knowledgeable" with what you have posted so far. Just show us a video and it will be crystally clear. Don't you have even one video to share with us after three decades of training? People with skill as you've claimed deserve to leave some trace in the history of martial arts.

5) Perhaps in your shallow minds the line between master and sifu is blurred, but it is still very sharp in the minds of those who really know. And that line should remain sharp. A sifu is a teacher/father... anyone can be a sifu. You need only know more than your "tudi" (student) to be a sifu. A master is rare and special. Many decades of hard work and dedicated study, much sacrifice... something I will warrant none of you have a clue about.
    Your definitions here are correct. However, have you ever noticed that most of the martial arts schools owner/instructors in U.S. call themselves "Master ..."? My point here is that this seems to be a common practice nowadays. If this is the source of your anger or disagreement, you just have to live with it.

The part attribute to him above was taken out of context. So, what comments specifically are you asking me to address? And, btw, thank you for the civil tone.. very refreshing.
    Anone,

Can you put the quote in context?

Regards,
    WTJ
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

I am a known figure. I do not wish to drag my associates into this fray by gratifying a bunch of beginners with a video of myself. I would be recognized.. maybe not by you as your pond is so small, but by others of true repute and skill.
    Why would a video showing you, just you, doing a form drag your associates into this "fray"? Just doesn't make any sense. So far, the "associates" you have mentioned are mostly in the same martial arts family of Master Lin and no one has ever raised any question about their skills.

Again with this.. is that the only refuge you have?! My dear boy... I have left a trace and am still doing so... You cannot goad me into revealing who I am. And again, I say; "you first".

You simply don't get it do you? I am a known figure. I do not wish to drag my associates into this fray by gratifying a bunch of beginners with a video of myself. I would be recognized.. maybe not by you as your pond is so small, but by others of true repute and skill.
    Would you please make a video with your face covered to hide your ID? We are not interested in how you look but are curious in seeing your demo after talking with you for such a long time. I know you have plenty of time and we certainly can wait.

Anone,

It does. Thank you for responding so thoroughly.

I think you nailed the reason why you are getting such harsh treatment, sifu worship. Loyalty is nice, but it should be tempered with a realistic viewpoint.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation,

WTJ
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Now as for the remarks not coming from "Walter Joyce".. I thought we had already discussed that ad nauseum? Get off the video thing boys.... ain't gonna happen and I have made my reasons as clear as I am willing. Any additional information I'm sure can and will be used against me. And you guys talk about ME not being able to let it rest.. sheesh! You are like a broken record saying; "show us a video" over and over and over again.
    Hey, I'm sure you're a legend in your own mind. But you started out as critical of something and talk quite condescendingly. Excuse me and others for actually asking you to provide some evidence of having any skill, considering your big claim to fame is your indeterminate relationship to several known masters. Are you great, or do you not have any skill at all? I guess we'll never know, but I suspect that any of the people you claim lineage from would not be responding as you do.

cjurakpt Guest
    Rather than him responding, a character going by the handle of "lunghushan" began to make speculative remarks about a situation that had occured between Mr. Patterson and a former senior student of his. The remarks were so outrageous that I felt the need (out of respect for Mr. Patterson) to respond.
    OMG - you got dragged into one of Neil Hytholt's (lunghushan) endless vortices of other-loathing? I feel your pain...