Thread: MMA in Music

MMA in Music

Ok, I love Seether, but had never seen this vid before. This is The Best MMA Music Video Ever!

(But watch out for that little guy!)

So anybody else have links for proper music videos that have MMA ties? And no, Danzig wearing MMA gloves in "Mother" doesn't count. He's just being a dor|< in that vid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Doesn't beat this one: No More Kings "Sweep the Leg" featuring the entire Karate Kid Cobra Kai class!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s

how about ANYTHING by wu tang clan when they first came out. that whole 36 chambers album was MA laced, as was gza's liquid swords album that sampled "shogun assassin"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Last edited by Becca; 06-06-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Wow, how come I missed that video in my life. That was f@cking great!!

Karate Kid for those of us who grew up in the 80's may be the best martial art film of alll time.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Wow, how come I missed that video in my life. That was f@cking great!!

Karate Kid for those of us who grew up in the 80's may be the best martial art film of alll time.
    I will second that. I have it on dvd. and on vhs. oddly enough, my kid loves it too.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Blog Entries
    That Sweep the Leg was amazing!
    7* - how old is your kid? Interesting that it still affects kids today...it was definitely the floodgates for kids in ma during our time...and signaled the rise of the McDojo.

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Doesn't beat this one: No More Kings "Sweep the Leg" featuring the entire Karate Kid Cobra Kai class!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s
    I always thought Busta Rhymes made a good Sho-nuff.

Who's the baddest?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Don't care much for hip-hop but that video was funny!

MMA music

To me, MMA music is the sound of forearms breaking from sanshou kicks.

MMA Battles Spill Over to Music Arena on indieSolo.com

IndieSolo.com, a filter for the independent music industry, launches MMA Music - a niche music section dedicated to Mixed Martial Arts and Music.

MMA Battles Spill Over to Music Arena on indieSolo.com
    Toronto, Canada, April 01, 2008 --(PR.com)-- IndieSolo.com, a unique independent music site that features ONE band a day and showcases some of the world’s best independent artists, has officially launched an entire music section solely dedicated to ‘Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Music.’ Fans will be able to judge which band has the best “ground and pound” music for MMA, plus get the latest MMA news and videos.

To kick this section off, indieSolo is proud to announce a marketing partnership with MMAJunkie.com, a leading MMA fan site and STEMM, the band that provides the official soundtrack music for the UFC and The Fight Network. IndieSolo.com will promote the launch of this new section by showcasing seven of its top heavyweight MMA bands, beginning with STEMM, in a week long ‘special feature.’

Johnnyi, President and Founder of indieSolo.com, is thrilled about introducing an MMA segment to independent music. According to Johnnyi, “independent music and the sport of MMA are two of the fastest growing segments in their respective industries, therefore its only fitting to bring the two together.” He says “indieSolo is giving MMA fans a place to satisfy their appetite for the world’s best ‘ground & pound’ metal music that is loud and hard.”

IndieSolo has created an interactive battle zone where metal bands will square off with one another to see who has the best “ground and pound” music for MMA. The focus will be metal, covering the genres of rock, punk, hardcore, death, and screamo.

Fans will be able to judge which of the two songs they like better and by how much. The system randomly displays two songs for each battle from its exclusive group of metal artists. Artists with the top songs will compete for prizes and promotional opportunities, including the chance to play at live MMA music events.

MMA fans will be able to download free MP3s, discover new metal music from some of the world’s top independent metal artists, get the latest MMA news from MMAJunkie.com, and watch unique, hard-to-find MMA videos including event predictions from the MMA girls.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

This struck me as funny.

It seems so WWE. What can I say? It's a slow martial news day...

Rock 'em, Sock 'em
    Musician has fists of fury
    By JIM BENDER, SUN MEDIA

The Manitoban is going from a world of painted nails and pyro-technic rock to one where fists of rock can paint blood on your face.

Glam rocker Robin f. Black wants to play a different tune these days by competing in Ultimate Cage Wars.

"Here's a guy with blue hair and nail polish who wants to get into a Mixed Martial Arts cage," Black said from Toronto yesterday.

"It's pretty exciting. It's a totally different world for me and an amazing challenge. You're putting yourself at risk against a professional fighter who wants to (beat) you up. It's a completely different world but you're still entertaining a crowd."

Black is coming to town as part of the Ultimate Cage Wars, to be held at the Winnipeg Convention Centre on Nov. 28.

Black was just starting to have some success in his music career -- he even played Canad Inns Stadium once -- but decided to give this new venture a go.

"I was into martial arts my whole lifetime," said Black, who grew up in Pinawa. "My two heroes were Bruce Lee and Alice Cooper."

But when school was out, he went the snakes and noose way.

"When I decided to get into music, it was girls, booze, late nights so it was hard to keep up with the martial arts," he said.

But the fists of fury kept beckoning.

"Some guys want to run with the bulls; some want to climb the highest mountain," Black said. "I just want to fight.

"I'm a real driven guy and I believe you can do anything you put your mind to. I'm just a regular guy who believes anyone can do what they dream of doing."

Now, this is no novelty act.

"People don't realize the amount to training it takes," said Black, who stands 5-foot-51/2 and weighs in at 135. "I've been training for four-six hours a day for the last two years. Anybody who knows me from my old days in Winnipeg wouldn't believe it. I get up at 6 a.m. and go for a run. I eat six meals of the healthiest food there is and I don't drink any alcohol for eight weeks leading up to a fight.

"I just want to be taken seriously. When I'm playing my music, I am strutting around and being arrogant. But this is much more serious. Mixed Martial Arts is about humility."

Black will take on a fighter from Regina in his second MMA bout after entering a Quebec ring a while ago.

"I ended up on the losing end but I think I gained some respect," said Black, who is in his 30s. "I was fearless and I fought with a lot of heart."

But ended up with two black eyes.

"I went on tour (with his band) two days after the fight with two black eyes and lost some feeling in my face," said Black, who covered up the eyes with his usual stage makeup.

Black will not completely give up on his music career as he will still play some gigs.

"But I can't make my band the focus of my life," he said. "I can always go back to playing and writing music later. But it's still a huge risk because my music career basically stops while I'm trying to become a fighter."

Tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster and you can book tables through Tony Condello at 229-9173.

"An oddball like me will enter the MMA ring and people will want to see me take a beating," Black predicted. "But a lot of people will be cheering for the underdog, too. We'll put on a good show."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

As entertaining as it is to see Santa get his @$$ beat by a barbarian leprechaun....it don't beat Five Finger Death Punch "The Way of the Fist"

the vid is on youtube....I'd link it but I don't wanna get banninated from all the F-bombs

yeehaaa!!!

they should toss in mechanical bullriding as a warm up event.
    Darryl Worley Expects Fights at Upcoming Gig
    Posted: November 17th, 2008 at 5:26 pm | By: Alison Bonaguro

Who knew there was a country music/mixed martial arts connection? Apparently, Darryl Worley did. Because he’s hosting the Music City Mixed Martial Arts event at Nashville’s Wildhorse Saloon on Nov 25. “I’ve been a fan of Mixed Martial Arts for quite some time,” said Worley. “I jumped at the chance to get involved with Music City MMA and bring this intense sport to Nashville.” But this is not just another country concert with a cause. There will be fighting and kicks and takedowns and punches and headbutts. And then there will be a main event, a fight between heavyweight Steve Westbeld and Memphis native Carlton “Automatic” Little. I’m not one for senseless violence, but I have to say that Worley’s involvement has definitely piqued my interest.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips