Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women in MMA

Women in MMA

Well, since you fey MMA boys can't keep the ring girls thread up on the main page, let's try one about MMA girls. I know there are plenty, but here's one, just for starters:

FIGHT IN FLIGHT
    THE NEW MISTRESS OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

By JENNIFER FERMINO

June 6, 2007 -- Meet Jennifer Santiago, a gorgeous, five-foot-two, 120-lb pro butt kicker who is being hailed as one of the toughest female competitors in the country.

"People underestimate me," says the 24-year-old. "They have a stereotype of fighters that are women. They think they are ugly and look like men. So they see me and think I must be no good."

Those people would be wrong.

Santiago is an undefeated star of martial arts legend Chuck Norris' burgeoning World Combat League, racking up an impressive eight wins including a 19-second knockout. She's also a 2003 and 2004 Golden Glove champion, and has developed quite a following at the West Village's posh Printing House Fitness Club.

It all began for her as a little girl growing up on East Seventh Street.

"I've been doing martial arts since I was 4 years old," she says, crediting her father and older brother with sparking her interest.

By six, she was competing in the sport karate circuit. At eight, she won her first championship.

Soon enough, she was winning trophies in three martial arts categories: fighting, forms, and weapons.

She competed for the next 15 years, and worked her way up to a six-degree black belt, but never dreamed that she'd be a pro fighter.

"I wanted to be a doctor."

However successful Santiago gets, there's one person who'll probably never see her in the ring - her Bayamon-born mother, Jeannie Santiago.

"She wanted to see my last fight, and I told her no," says Santiago. "I thought she'd have a heart attack.

Santiago's next World League Combat fight is in August.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Kyra Gracie is just BJJ... however, her hotness requires she should be included here:

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...=Search+Images

yeah, she's hot - I didn't know she was a black belt though... I coulda sworn I saw some pics of her in a blue belt not too long ago...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

man... i wanna roll wid kyra ... she could so help me improve my game

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Kyra Gracie is just BJJ... however, her hotness requires she should be included here:

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...=Search+Images
    Better stay on the family's good side with her.

Could you imagine the shear number of family members you may have to fight were you to break her heart.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Women in MMA

See i have been thinking.....i know, dangerous occupation...

I watch the IFL regularly since luckily enough it comes in on one of the 5 channels my tv picks up....

well a thought crossed my mind the other day...what about the WFL?

womens fighting league?

i wish i had the drive and cash and resources to get something like this started...

whats better than watching women in tight shorts and sports tops doing the ground and pound???

since im not doing it, one of you guys should.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post

whats better than watching women in tight shorts and sports tops doing the ground and pound???
    Umm, naked women doing the ground and pound?

lol ya. true dat.

but i guess we have to keep it someone realistic...unless you sell it to skinimax or HBhoe
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Lessons from the MMA girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Lsbs7JTaM

Look what showed up in my spam filter today

Thought I'd share, even tho it's spam. It's relevant spam.

www.mmawoman.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I so want to be the heavy bag in this photo...

Ummmmmmm.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Fight Girls?!?!?!??

Darn it!

I don't get Oxygen on my cable.
    Last edited by AmanuJRY; 06-12-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

AmanuJRY

I so want to be the heavy bag in this photo...
    That's an old pose, but a good one. I think the first time I saw that pose was in the issue of Playboy when Matt Polly interviewed Jet Li. It's as old as the boxing gloves on the topless chick pose. Unimaginative really, but still effective....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Effective...yes.

Not as effective as Jessica Alba winning guys choice on Spike last night.
    Sapere aude, Justin.