Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Women in MMA

Women should have an avenue to demonstrate their skills, there should be more organizations putting forth the effort to promote those events.

It would be very lucrative, too
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

If I remember correctly, UFC doesn't have female fights because Dana White doesn't like women fighting, period.

I personally like watching (good) female fights. A lot of times, they can be more entertaining/ skillful than watching a lot of the guys fight. IMO, there should be some opportunities for women who want to fight. Possibly, if there is enough demand, and if it could bring a lot more $$ to the UFC, DW might reconsider? Well, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Honestly, I just don't like watching chicks fight.
    really, sometimes they make fight of the night IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If I remember correctly, UFC doesn't have female fights because Dana White doesn't like women fighting, period.

I personally like watching (good) female fights. A lot of times, they can be more entertaining/ skillful than watching a lot of the guys fight. IMO, there should be some opportunities for women who want to fight. Possibly, if there is enough demand, and if it could bring a lot more $$ to the UFC, DW might reconsider? Well, maybe not.
    yeah thats true, dana has no interest in womens fights... not just cause he dislikes female matches, theres more to it...

but dana white said time and time again that he would not interfere in cokers management of strikeforce and coker is very supportive of womens mma... we'll see, i guess... but if dana white is true to his word, he wont pressure coker to back off from womens fights... but if coker himself decides its not working out, thats another story...

I find any fight with Cris Cyborg to be almost excessive, just because that woman is IMO a freak of nature. On the other hand, I also think the women's fights I've seen in Strikeforce have had a whole lot more heart than men's fights on many occasions, they are going out there to prove something to themselves and to the world about women and combat sports, and their fights can definitely be more technical than men's fights.

Alot of fights just turn into big looping punches and swinging for the fences and I can honestly say I haven't really seen that in a female fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I find any fight with Cris Cyborg to be almost excessive, just because that woman is IMO a freak of nature. On the other hand, I also think the women's fights I've seen in Strikeforce have had a whole lot more heart than men's fights on many occasions, they are going out there to prove something to themselves and to the world about women and combat sports, and their fights can definitely be more technical than men's fights.

Alot of fights just turn into big looping punches and swinging for the fences and I can honestly say I haven't really seen that in a female fight.
    I agree
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Invicta Fight Club

A new league exclusively devoted to women's MMA
    Invicta looks to build women's talent base
    Bob Emanuel Jr., Correspondent
    Created: 03/19/2012 09:40:02 PM PDT

When Strikeforce paired Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate for its bantamweight title earlier this month, the state of women's competition in mixed martial arts frequently was discussed.

Two of the three largest national promotions - Strikeforce and Bellator Fighting Championships - include women fighters on their rosters. Outside of a few top fighters in each promotion, the dearth of quality alternatives is bemoaned.

"When you think about the big picture, we need more women to have success," said Tate, who lost her title to Rousey. "We can't do it with one or two top females. We need a lot. More than one, so that everyone can have their favorite thing and we can have lots of diversity and lots of great matchups and lots of stylistic differences and a broad spectrum of wonderful female athletes that can put on amazing fights."

Shannon Knapp, a former matchmaker with Strikeforce, helped form Invicta Fight Club, a new promotion dedicated exclusively to women's MMA. Invicta will hold its first card on April 28 in Kansas City and feature 12 fights in its inaugural outing.

Knapp got involved with Invicta after Strikeforce was purchased by UFC's parent company Zuffa LLC last year. UFC president Dana White repeatedly has said women's MMA would not be part of the UFC, and the uncertainty cast a shadow over the Strikeforce women's division.

"When Zuffa came in and bought Strikeforce and I parted ways with them, I started getting a ton of phone calls from a lot of female athletes," said Knapp, Invicta's vice president. "I think a lot of the female athletes were concerned, `What's going to happen to us?' Nobody knew what was happening with the Showtime deal (with Strikeforce). Everybody was relying on those words that Dana had said publicly that there would be no women in the UFC and that kind of thing."

Knapp envisions working with other promotions to build the talent base.

"I can take all this information that I acquired over the years and try to build a platform and bring some organization to this side of the sport so that I can create depth," Knapp said. "One thing I will say is that Dana, when he says there is no depth on this of the sport for divisions, he's actually making a very true statement. But there is a rebuttal to that and argument as well. The argument is there is nobody on this side of the sport that's working hard and rolling up their sleeves to make a difference."

Invicta signed several notable women, including former Strikeforce champion Marloes Coenen, who lost her title to Tate last year, and former Strikeforce contender Liz Carmouche. Coenen will headline the inaugural event against Romy Ruyssen.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Aljazeera presents Malaysia's first warrior woman

From Aljazeera.com
    Malaysia's first warrior woman
    Malaysia's first female MMA fighter is obliterating stereotypes and social barriers.
    Aela Callan, Liz Gooch | 08 Mar 2015 13:54 GMT

Twenty-eight-year-old Osman has become an unwitting ambassador for MMA and, in the process, a role model for many Asian women [Al Jazeera]
    One after another, they keep coming at Ann Osman.

They spar, grapple and kick but each man and woman who takes on Osman is slammed decisively onto the sweat-stained floor.

And this is just training.

Osman is gearing up for her fourth professional cage fight, also known as mixed martial arts (MMA). Notorious for their brutality, these fierce encounters often end with blood splatters on the mat and knock-out blows.

But for Osman, a youthful 28-year-old from Kota Kinabalu, capital of Malaysia's Sabah state, it's a "beautiful art".

"Once you're in that cage, it actually reveals your true self," she tells Al Jazeera. "Are you a fight or flight kind of person? For me, I'm a fighter."

Female, Muslim and Asian, Osman has obliterated many stereotypes on her way to becoming Malaysia's first professional female cage fighter.

Mixed martial arts is attracting a slowly growing band of female followers around the world.

But Osman is one of few Asian women joining this male-dominated sport, where fighters use techniques from various martial arts, from karate and kung fu to jujitsu.

The 28-year-old has become an unwitting ambassador for the sport and, in the process, a role model for many Asian women.

"She is really inspiring," says Dharma Arsyad, who was inspired to take up mixed martial arts after seeing Ann fight.

"She is a superwoman."

Yeow Lim Chet, owner of HIT Fitness and Martial Arts gym in Kuala Lumpur, says women now make up 40 percent of his clients, a trend he attributes to Osman's success.

"A lot of them who come here for fitness, first thing they do is ask, 'I saw the fight - Ann Osman. I want to try it,'" he says.

"I think she's very brave, especially when we are from a Muslim country [...] She wants to open up opportunities for other Muslim women."

Name:  73d1998b3a244755a0897e92068b6d82_18.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  39.5 KB

From hobby to obsession

To the uninitiated, cage fighting might look like a free-for-all, but there are rules: no manipulating the fingers; no hitting behind the head; no eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or kicks to the groin.

The rest is fair game.

"You can kick to the head when they're on the ground, you can knee them to the head," Osman says. "You can't stomp them in the face or stomp their body, but you can basically do everything else."

Osman, a descendant of Sabah's notorious Dusun headhunters, had an active, outdoors childhood but only took up mixed martial arts four years ago after trying Muay Thai.

Her mother had encouraged her to take self defence classes after she was tailgated driving home from work late at night, and Osman thought the sport would be a good way to stay fit.

What started as a hobby quickly became an obsession.

Osman now juggles five hours of training a day,seven daysa week, while running her own tourism business.

When she became the first Malaysian woman to secure a contract with ONE Championship, Asia's largest mixed martial arts organisation, her sole focus was on taking her fighting to the next level.

But she soon realised there was more to it than just stepping into the cage. Women started writing to her, telling her how she had inspired them to take self defence classes.

"One girl that was writing to me said she was in an abusive relationship and when she saw me fighting it really inspired her to leave that relationship, which to me really meant a lot," she says.

"I didn't realise what I was doing was actually changing other people's lives, especially women's."

Beyond the cage

Osman's growing profile is taking her beyond her native Malaysia.

She recently travelled to Cambodia to help teach self defence to about 160 sex trafficking victims while volunteering for Agape International Mission, a Christian humanitarian aid organisation.

Don Brewster, the group's founder and executive director, said self-defence training was now a regular part of Agape's programme for trafficking victims.

"The difference in self-confidence was significant, especially combined with a desire to learn more," he says of the young women who took Osman's class.

"However, more important was a confirmation of self-worth that came through Ann."

With one in three of the world's women likely to experience some form of abuse, Osman believes self-defense skills can give women the confidence to protect themselves.

"We can't keep a bodyguard with them 24 hours to stop this thing. They have to learn how to protect themselves," she says.

In Kenya, teaching self defence to impoverished adolescent girls helped reduce the incidence of sexual harassment by 65 percent, according to research by No Means No Worldwide, a violence prevention organisation.

But some argue that requiring women to learn self defence as a solution to preventing assault unfairly puts the onus on women and absolves men of their responsibility.

Suri Kempe, a programme manager with Sisters in Islam, a Malaysian Muslim women's rights group, says self defence is only "half the story".

Name:  55fc102e96c14f02b3d50a1c1a7c429a_18.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  91.1 KB

"We need to address where this insecurity comes from, from the fact that women are being attacked, in a large part, by men. We need to address behaviours, we need to address violent behaviours, and the state needs to gear its programmes towards that end," she says.

While she admits she's not a fan of cage fighting, Ms Kempe recognises that role models like Osman can empower women.

"She is leading the way towards female involvement in areas that they are typically not involved in," she says.

In the weeks leading up to her March 13 fight against Walaa Abbas, Egypt's national kickboxing champion, in Kuala Lumpur, Osman's gruelling training regime is punctuated by a relentless round of media engagements, from a women's television variety show to a photo shoot for a men's magazine.

As Osman dons revealing outfits and has her hair and make-up done, she jokes: "Fighting is much easier than this - seriously."

She accepts that the promotional work is part of being a fighter. But Osman says female athletes are often objectified for marketing purposes and admits she is sometimes uncomfortable with things she is asked to do.

"If I feel it's out of line I just have to put a stop to it, and people have to understand," she says.

She receives many encouraging messages on social media but there are also critics who make references to her religion and gender.

One recent post read: "I'm proud of you as a Malaysian, but as a Muslim, not so much." Another described her as "eye candy".

Osman says she has learnt to ignore the negative comments.

"It's not nice stuff, but I know who I am. I know it's not true, so I don't let it get to me," she says.

Ms Kempe, from Sisters in Islam, views the criticism as a gender issue, rather than a religious one. She says male Muslim athletes are never told to cover up.

"Why are women being held to a different standard than men are? […] It's a double standard," she says.

While she admits some comments can be hurtful, Osman's tenacity leaves her well-placed to counter challengers both inside and outside the cage.

"In my first fight I was kneed 30 times in my abs. But I just kept going forward. My second fight, I was being punched endlessly but ... I wouldn't run away," she says.

"For me, that adrenaline rush, it's [...] why I keep coming back into the cage, why I never say no to a fight."

Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson

More on Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson, the got qi girl that got away.

Michelle 'The Karate Hottie' Waterson signs with the UFC
    Damon Martin
    FOX Sports
    APR 28, 2015 12:35a ET

LAS VEGAS, NV - FEBRUARY 07: Mixed martial artist Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson arrives at the sixth annual Fighters Only World Mixed Martial Arts Awards at The Palazzo Las Vegas on February 7, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Gabe Ginsberg/FilmMagic)

A 'Karate Hottie' will soon be fighting in the UFC Octagon.

Former Invicta Fighting Championships atomweight champion Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson has signed a deal with the UFC to compete in the women's 115-pound division.

The news of her signing was reported on UFC Tonight on Monday.

Waterson comes to the UFC with a 12-4 record overall with wins in six of her last seven fights.

The 29-year-old veteran is a long-time member of the Jackson-Winkeljohn fight camp, where she works with several notable fighters, including former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit, bantamweight Holly Holm and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Waterson has an impressive record against a long list of fighters, including a 2013 submission victory over No. 3-ranked UFC strawweight Jessica Penne.

Waterson is expected to debut in the UFC this summer.
    Man, if she succeeds, I'll have to split this off into her own individual threads.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

my t- -s weigh 12 pounds

When it comes to this forum....

Best.

Post.

Eva.

The MMA fighter held back by F-cup breasts
    By Chris Perez
    September 28, 2015 | 9:45am

Modal Trigger
    The MMA fighter held back by F-cup breasts
    Brye Anne Rusillo fighting at a Delaware promotion. Photo: Facebook

This MMA fighter has two really big problems.

Brye Anne Russillo, 29, of Nassau County, says her F-cup breasts are forcing her to fight in a heavier weight division.

“It’s not like I can take a nail file and hack off my t- -s,” the amateur brawler and single mother told The Post after revealing her predicament to My MMA News.

“It’s not like I have a pink sparkly shelf to put them on. I’m trying to lose weight, but my boobs are what they are. I went to pastry school and I’m Italian, so I ate a lot of cannolis.”

She is slated to fight Paige Lian on Saturday for the 150-pound title in the Aggressive Combat Championships in Queens.

It took Russillo’s team more than three months to agree to the bout at the Queens Theatre because she normally fights at 145 pounds, 10 pounds less than Lian’s typical weight.

“The only reason I’m even fighting at 150 is because my t- -s weigh 12 pounds,” she said.

The 5-foot-9 bombshell says she’ll try some home remedies to shed weight before the fight.

Modal Trigger
    RusilloPhoto: Facebook

“I put makeup remover on [my breasts] and then sit in the sauna, because someone told me that it opens your pores and helps you sweat,” Russillo said. “Then I’ll put hemorrhoid creme on them and wrap them over night. I start doing this three nights before the fight.”

A pastry chef and bartender by day, she has a 1-1 record in the ring.

In her first fight, at the Extreme Cage Fighting promotion in Astoria, she won by TKO after shattering her opponent’s shin.

She lost her second fight, in Delaware, by TKO to a fighter she later called the toughest woman she ever met.

“I’m doing the best I can,” said Russillo, who has a 6-year-old daughter.

“I’m a single mom who later in life decided to try and get back in shape. I’ve been a career bartender for 12 years. I was drinking a lot and partying while I was at work. Now I train and don’t drink, and I’m actively trying to better my life.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ONE: Ascent to Power

Asian female MMA fighters to fight for world title
    Carlos Cinco | Apr 03, 2016 10:05 PM EDT

UNSTOPPABLE | Angele Lee battles Mei Yamaguchi at ONE: Ascent to Power (Photo : ONE Championship)

Singapore is set to play host to a historic night of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), as two female mixed martial artists -- Singapore's "Unstoppable" Angela Lee (5-0) and Japan's Mei "V.V" Yamaguchi (15-8-1) -- will go head-to-head in a battle for the inaugural ONE Women's Atomweight World Championship.
    MMA has surged in popularity in Asia in recent times, due largely to ONE Championship's extensive work cultivating the sport in the region. ONE is Asia's largest sports media property with a potential broadcast to over a billion homes in more than 75 countries worldwide.
    Lee and Yamaguchi are set to step inside the ONE Championship cage on May 6, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore, in an event dubbed "ONE: Ascent to Power."
    Lee, widely considered one of the most promising young combat sports athletes not just in Asia, but in the entire world, believes this is her chance to shine on the big stage.
    "This fight is going to be the most important of my life," said Lee, who made her professional MMA debut last year. "I truly believe that since I started my martial arts journey, it's been my destiny to become a world champion. All my hard work and all my training is going to pay off."
    The 19-year old Lee comes from a fighting family. Her parents are both martial arts instructors and highly decorated martial artists. Angela's father Ken Lee is a Pankration, Taekwondo and Jiu-Jitsu black belt and her mother Jewelz Lee is a Taekwondo black belt instructor and a 2-time Canadian National Silver Medallist.
    Her younger brother Christian is also a martial artist, competing under ONE Championship's featherweight division and is unbeaten in two fights so far.
    On the other side of the spectrum sits Mei Yamaguchi, who grew up and discovered martial arts in Los Angeles, but moved to Japan to teach Taekwondo.
    Yamaguchi has more experience than Lee, as well as being 14 years Lee's senior. Like Lee, Yamaguchi understands the significance of this bout and how it helps women with aspirations in combat sports, especially in her home country where she teaches martial arts to children.
    "I know there are a lot of girls in Japan who do Karate and Judo. I know a lot compete in that. If they see another girl in professional sports, and see that you're able to make a living with it, you can inspire a lot of fans," said Yamaguchi, who began her professional MMA career nearly 10 years ago.
    "In the United States, MMA is really big. I know that Asian women are strong, and if they start to learn MMA, I know [the sport] is going to be big! I know a lot of good [female] athletes who can fight in MMA. This is really big. There are really good women fighters in Japan but I can show that to the world by winning this title."
    Yamaguchi grew up admiring Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan, and her parents enrolled her at a martial arts academy at age six. She fell in love with Karate at an early age and now, at 33, Yamaguchi finds herself a two-division world champion in MMA.
    Both Lee and Yamaguchi are looking to add the ONE Championship belt to their collection. But in MMA, only one contestant can take home the prize.
    "It's time to make history," said Lee. "I think that crowning the first ever women's champion is going to really help women's MMA take off. It's started in North America, but once we have a women's champion here in Asia, it's just going to skyrocket."
    The Lee-Yamaguchi bout will serve as the co-main event for ONE: Ascent to Power. In the main event, ONE Middleweight World Champion Vitaly Bigdash defends his title against Aleksei Butorin.
    I should really follow ONE Championship more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Anastasia Yankova

It ain't glaMMA...

Glamorous martial arts fighter shocks fans with battered and bruised post-fight selfie
    07:34, 22 SEP 2016 UPDATED 07:37, 22 SEP 2016
    BY MIRROR.CO.UK
    Anastasia Yankova, 25, took to social media to share the post, which read: "This is MMA, babe. Had an elbow dance with my girlfriend... now I look like a beggar at a railway station"

A mixed martial arts fighter has stunned her fans by taking to social media after winning a match, showcasing her battered and bruised face.

Anastasia Yankova, 25, is known for snapping glamorous selfies.

But fans were shocked when she posted her latest - exposing the brutality of competing as an MMA fighter.

The Russian had just beaten United States fighter Veta Artega, 28, in the Bellator 161 Fighting Championships.

anastasia_yankova / instagram
    After the fight - Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and after

Anastasia Yankova did not hide the brutality of her sport
    She is seen with a black eye, swollen nose and split lip.

'This is MMA, babe'

Ms Yankova said: "This is MMA, babe. Had an elbow dance with my girlfriend... now I look like a beggar at a railway station. This is how I will look for the next couple of days."

Anastasia posted this pic before the fight - Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and afterAnastasia was competing in the Bellator 161 Fighting Championships

Billed as the toughest tournament in sport, competitors fight for a £77,000 jackpot.

The winners are also given a guaranteed world title fight against the current champion in their weight class.

anastasia_yankova / instagramRussian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and afterShe won the match - but didn't get off easy
    Ms Yankova beat Ms Artega in a split decision after their second round fight in Cedar Park, Texas.

She added: "It is most definite that my opponent did not lose today, it was the best match of her career and the most difficult of mine.

"I was not sure who was going to win before the judges' announcement."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

How could her fans be stunned? Of course she's gonna look like that post-fight (unless she can take her opponent out in about 2 seconds).

Rose Namajunas goes nude for Women's Health magazine

I don't know about Rose. We have a separate thread for Michelle.

UFC star Rose Namajunas goes nude for Women's Health magazine

UFC's 'Karate Hottie' Michelle Waterson went nude earlier this year for the ESPN Body Issue. Now Rose bares all for a campaign called 'Naked in 3 Words'.
    Sayantan Maitra Sayantan Maitra August 10, 2017 16:30 IST

Top 5 of the hottest female UFC fighters

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighters do love to flaunt their body and there is no shame is showing off their chiseled frame and those perfect curves. While we get bare-chested men all the time inside the octagon, the women fighters have to rely on sports and fitness magazines to bare all.

After 'Karate Hottie' Michelle Waterson went nude for the ESPN "Body Issue" earlier this year, another UFC star Rose Namajunas stripped everything for the Women's Health magazine.

Both fighters compete in the UFC women's strawweight division (115 pounds).

Namajunas, 25, holds a 7-3-0 record in MMA and she recently bagged a Round 2 submission win over Waterson this April at an UFC Fight Night event. Namajunas thus has received a massive chance to fight the champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, up next.

Talking about her experiences of going nude for Women's Health Mag's "Naked in 3 Words" campaign, the American, who holds black belts in karate and taekwondo respectively, mentioned that her uncovered body sports marks of her entire journey in life.

Rose Namajunas (on top) against Michelle Waterson
    Jamie Squire/Getty

"My naked body is... the story of my whole life. There's a lot around us that we can't control, but my body, my mind, and my soul are pretty much the only things that I can. All the scars on my body, all the bumps and bruises, all the muscles—that is a story of everything I have done. And it's not just my story. My ancestors who came before me gave me this vessel to sculpt and mold.

"My hands look like my dad's and my mom's put together. She's a piano player, he was an artist, and I use the creative qualities I got from them in my fighting.

"But I don't just destroy with my hands, I also create: I cook and make art and garden. Being resourceful and creating is a big part of my Lithuanian culture. My grandfather is part of who I am too. He was a professional wrestler. He had a very functional, very slick, long frame.

"My body is designed to move and be agile and be like an Amazon warrior. Boobs would hold me down. "I have a middle finger that was jammed in one of my craziest fights, and it looks like a swollen turkey to this day. There's a bone chip that's in there, and it's a reminder that this finger contributed to my fight, and to my beautiful house, to everything in my life.

"It might be ugly, but it's mine and I love it. I've got some big old knees, big old feet. I could nitpick, but at the same time, I think it's all friggin' beautiful."

Rose Namajunas is not the only one to go nude for the "Naked in 3 Words" campaign, which gives women the platform to describe about their bodies.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Flyweight World Title Bout: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Alejandra Lara

Woah. What up wit dat Poison Ivy bikini? I just might have to tune into this one...

Bellator 201 Weigh-In Results: Macfarlane vs. Lara Official
    JOSH SANCHEZ
    |16 HOURS AGO

Bellator MMA returns on Friday night with Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara. The event is headlined by a women’s flyweight championship bout between current titleholder Ilima-Lei Macfarlane, the promotion’s inaugural 125-pound women’s champ, and Alejandra Lara. It is the first title defense of Macfarlane’s belt.

In the co-main event, Saad Awad and Ryan Couture square off in a catchweight bout.

The main card also features UFC veteran Valerie Letourneau, while the preliminary card is highlighted with appearances by former three-time NCAA Division I national champion Ed Ruth and Keri Melendez, the wife of former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez.

Ahead of Friday’s fights, Bellator held the official fighter weigh-ins on Thursday.

The full weigh-in results can be seen below.

Bellator 201: Fight Time & Viewing Details
    Event: Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara
    Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
    Venue: Pechanga Resort Casino
    Main Card Time: 9:00 P.M. EST
    Broadcast: Bellator.com, ParamountNetwork.com, Paramount Network

Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara Weigh-In Results

Main Card
    Flyweight World Title Bout: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (125) vs. Alejandra Lara (124.6)
    Catchweight (160 lbs.) Main Card Bout: Saad Awad (159.8) vs. Ryan Couture (159.9)
    Flyweight Main Card Bout: Valerie Letourneau (126) vs. Kristina Williams (125.4)
    Featherweight Main Card Bout: Juan Archuleta (146) vs. Robbie Peralta (145.3)
    Preliminary Card
    Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Tyrell Fortune (244.8) vs. Giovanni Sarran (251.8)
    Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Joey Davis (170.6) vs. Craig Plaskett (168.2)
    Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Ed Ruth (170.7) vs. Andy Murad (170.8)
    Light heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Jordan Young (204.8) vs. Jamal Pogues (203.7)
    Strawweight Preliminary Bout: Keri Melendez (116) vs. Tiani Valle (114.5)
    Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Kristi Lopez (125.5) vs. Paola Ramirez (134.7)
    Bantamweight Preliminary Bout: Ricky Furar (134.5) vs. Victor Rosas (135.3)
    Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Jay Jay Wilson (146) vs. David Conte (145.6)
    Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Joshua Jones (155.5) vs. Jacob Rosales (155.7)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips