Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Death

Thumbs up

don't hate on bruce.

Even thought Jet and Jack produce better movies I just love Bruce Lee's character. Doesn't take crap from anyone, short tempered and does a high pitch scream everytime he hits someone.

You need . . .

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Question Game Of Death Ending...

salutations,

i was just watching "bruce lee: the warrior's journey" and watched the fight scenes to the "game of death". it's an obvious that bruce never finished or even complete making this long awaited movie and there are rumors about the ending. so that in turn...

if you had a chance to write the ending to "game of death" AFTER bruce defeated kareem abdul jabar's character...how would it end?

i'll put mines out later on this

A meteor is hurling it's way towards earth and Bruce goes up in the space shuttle, lands on it and kicks the cr@p out of it with his newly developed fighting techniques.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pac_zao View Post
    salutations,

i was just watching "bruce lee: the warrior's journey" and watched the fight scenes to the "game of death". it's an obvious that bruce never finished or even complete making this long awaited movie and there are rumors about the ending. so that in turn...

if you had a chance to write the ending to "game of death" AFTER bruce defeated kareem abdul jabar's character...how would it end?

i'll put mines out later on this
    I'd digitally add a fight. It would be Bruce Lee vs. Jar Jar Binks.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    he throws himself off of the top balcony of the pagoda, and lands to find himself at the foot of the steps clutching a single prayer bead.

He climbs to the top of the Pagoda and yells...

Whas up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( add echo effect)

Game Of Death Lost Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TcYWvNi7zA

Not sure if this was posted b4, but the scene starting from 2:12 kinda makes me wonder if Bruce pulled a page out of a Looney Toones cartoon. Probably the 1st time
    I've seen him in a funny skit.

old stuff

this footage has been floating around for years.

Check out my archived e-zine article from 2000

Honoring Bruce: San Francisco's Chinese Cultural Center Hosts Bruce Lee Event
    There's some discussion of Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey which showcased the 'lost' GoD footage towards the end of this article.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Game of Death Out-Takes

This is pretty cool. Never saw this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuG2P...eature=related

Game of Death poster squabble

KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR'S Bruce Lee Poster ... WORTH FIGHTING FOR!
    8/4/2014 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

Here it is ... a photo of the Bruce Lee poster that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is going to war over ... and now we totally understand why -- it's pretty awesome.

The piece contains a poster from the 1978 flick "Game of Death" -- where Bruce and Kareem beat the crap out of each other ... until Lee eventually takes out KAJ's character in an epic fight scene.

The poster is currently in the possession of Julien's Auction House -- which claims it obtained the item fair and square (and an arbitrator agreed) ... from KAJ's LLC... but he is still suing to try to get it back.

Kareem's also fighting over 151 other items -- including a rocking chair he got as a gift during his farewell season in 1989 (that's his son singing the national anthem!).

Julien's says the plan is to eventually auction off both items -- and Kareem can feel free to bid ... if he feels like it.

"I was very emotional" he told us in a statement, "this chair has been in my home since 1989 and it's the place I like to sit and read."

"While I much prefer to be on a basketball court, Julien's has forced me into Superior Court to obtain the return of my personal property. I have faith in the judicial process and fully expect to win this dispute."

Cool poster. I'd fight for that too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2017!

Talk about a throwback Thursday. I only cut&pasted the Game of Death bit. If you want to read about the shock therapy for sexual perversions, you'll have to follow the link.

Shock therapy for ‘sexual perversions’, kung fu clashes and supersonic jetliners: Hong Kong headlines from four decades ago
    A journey back through time to look at significant news and events reported by the South China Morning Post during this week in history
    PUBLISHED : Thursday, 19 October, 2017, 1:05pm
    UPDATED : Thursday, 19 October, 2017, 9:42pm

Luisa Tam

Forty years ago this week, it seemed like supersonic jets like the Concorde would transform international air travel forever. Meanwhile in Hong Kong, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) had come into fashion for treating mental conditions in local hospitals. The city also began to dabble in democracy when a visiting British MP suggested giving locals more say at the lower levels of government.

October 16, 1977
    ● Clashes broke out between European and local extras during the filming of a kung fu fight scene at Golden Harvest studios. The clash took place after a small group of extras were called back to do more scenes after two gruelling all-night sessions. The fight scenes were for the film Game of Death that had been left unfinished when martial arts legend Bruce Lee died suddenly in July 1973.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips