Thread: Hypothetical KF question between CLF and LF.

Hypothetical KF question between CLF and LF.

OK, taking into account we are talking applications of forms found in Long Fist and Choy Li Fut.

Should they come across one another, fighter of same skill, build, etc. basically a twin of one another. Just using forms found in ther respective system, which one would:

1) be deceptive in their execution of their application against the other system
    2) have the simplicity of application with optimum effectiveness

I am just trying to compare the 2 systems(personal research), and it seems we have some practitioners of both styles here and can probably expand my knowledge.

Please discuss.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

most likely choy.li.fut would win not saying any thing bad about long fist i just think it lacks power compared to chuy li,fut and easyer to perdict and see whats coming from the long fist

oh boy.................

Wow never really thought of it before but as someone who does both I have to go with CLF basically because of its utilization of both long and short techniques.

As far as being more deceptive in execution I have to give it to CLF by far with simple combos like siu kau da / chaap / jung. As for general simplicity in application I have to go with the PC statement of the application appear simpler when they are understood.

I started with the LF and it gave me a great foundation and helped start the mold, but as far as a complete system and effectiveness I'm leaning towards the CLF.

Although honestly, at this stage I have combined everything into...well...me and I use techs from both.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

Blog Entries
    One significant difference that I see is that longfist is more linear whereas CLF is more circular both in terms of hand technique and footwork. As to whether the circularity makes it more "deceptive" I don't know?

Also, I believe that long fist emphasizes the 3 external harmonies whereas CLF doesn't share a similar concept.

(And just for the record I studied CLF for 10 years and learned a little bit of long fist in my earlier Hung Gar days....specifically, the "youth fist" two man set.)