Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Southern Praying Mantis in Sydney

Looking for Southern Praying Mantis in Sydney

Hi guys,

Looking for contact details on any Southern Praying Mantis schools or teachers in sydney please. Any group/style.

thank you

Not much in Sydney. I once heard there is/was an informal group, linked to the Melbourne school, that was having a session in Glebe, but I can't verify for sure.

We've picked up a number of SPM converts because they can't find any in Sydney.

Try contacting the Melbourne school and asking them. You'll probably have to Google them up.

And, of course, you know there is a school in Brisbane, perhaps a note to them might yeild some good oil too.

Good luck.

thanks yum cha

"We've picked up a number of SPM converts because they can't find any in Sydney"

thats what im thinking also, the glebe park bak mei school (which u belong to right?)

i figure it will be closely related to SPM

hoping to find some of the old nat yuen lines, malcom sue chow gar days and i know henry sue's schools in sydney.

and just in case. aussiejohn lee if u see this can u pm me a current email address/phone number pleasee

It's not Southern Preying Mantis but I teach Southern (Fuzhou) Calling Crane if your interested.

Email: baihe@bigpond.com

Web Site: http://www.whitecranefist.co.nr

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Go to Paddington RSL, there you will find some advertisements of an SPM school (Branch of UK Paul Brennan Chowga Namtonglong). There is also a HK guy doing Jooklum as well somewhere, oh and Henry Sue (Brisbane guy) has some students in Sydney around as well. So they are all there just advertised locally that is all....

Good luck with your search.

Kind Regards,
    SM

__________________________________________________ __
    Taiping Wuguan: http://www.satirio.com/ma/home.html
    Last edited by Shaolin Master; 06-20-2007 at 07:42 AM.

sydney mantis

You could try here: Henry Sues Schools:

http://www.chinesekungfuacademy.com/woolloom/index.htm

Alternatively contact some of the Australian SPM community and maybe they can help you out:

http://www.chowgar.com.au/

http://users.tpg.com.au/plg/

http://www.gingmo.com.au/
    The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become.

train hard...

www.tonglong.co.uk/

www.tonglong.co.uk/forum/

So, The Sue Brothers and Paul Brennan are from Brisbane, and have students in Sydney.

Anybody know who is the Teacher in Melbourne?

a Jook Lum master from Australia was just here in HK, he showed up to a martial arts gathering that my BJJ school puts on. the host knew him. pm me and i will give you the guy's name and hopefully contact info after class tomorrow.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Melty,
    You still in HK? Have you moved there, or just on training holiday?

Where was the JL guy from, Sydney, Bris or Melbourne?

BTW, I got a chance to Meet Henry Poo Yee Sifu in Houston this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Where was the JL guy from, Sydney, Bris or Melbourne?
    ... or PERTH ... all the skilled kung fu people are in Perth...

yummy, hi!

i'm here for an extended vacation. and of course i just can't seem to get away from that kung fu stuff as well. i am not looking for a job, but i did run across a possible sponsorship that may be able to keep me here for an extended time. crossing my fingers, because i LOVE Hong Kong.

i don't know what specific city the Jook Lum guy was from. i was too busy taping the fighting to talk to him. tonight i will ask my classmates, they seemed like they knew him.

so how cool is this? i took up BJJ with a Hakka guy who grew up doing tong long, and my classmates consist of wing chun guys, a judo black belt, a pro rugby player and a guy who hosts all-styles martial arts gatherings for people to test their ****. BJJ against aikido! wing chung against capoiera! they are basically trying to establish, grow and promote MMA in Hong Kong. and the first K-1 will be held here in July!!!

dude, i even bought a gi...
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

tong long guy is Chow Gar, not Jook Lum like i thought. his name is Henry, don't know a last name yet. the next gathering is on July 22 and he will be there, so they told me i can talk to him directly. PM me if interested.
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Hi Melty,
    Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. Sounds like lots of fun in HK.

We had a social night at Sifu's and one of the boys put together YouTubes greatest hits onto a video for mirth and amusement, all the Pak Mei and Loong Ying he could find.

It was belly laughs a plenty, and there was some good stuff as well, of course, but your mate Bill got some of the best praise. Give him a pat on the back from our Pai.

I've been doing some BJJ 101 myself this year. You gotta be informed. Its good fun, really builds fitness and strength, but ****, you know those movies when the submarine goes so deep that the dial goes into the red, and they keep going? The rivets begin to ping off, the hull creaks, pops and shutters, well, that's my body when I'm cranking on the holds! LOL!

I'm always keen to know who's who in my neighbourhood. As you can see, I never even knew there was SPM in Sydney. I'd be interested if you find out more.

Cheers

glad you guys had a nice get together, and thanks for the props. Bill's on here once in a while, so he may have read that too.

give everyone an update at the next gathering. hopefully some vids will be up on youtube soon.
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Thanks

Thanks Guys

been homeless for the last month, while staying at friend's family house, as my accom. didn't work out... so hadn't reply sooner.
    anyways i now have a home and net access :P but out of sydney till august ...

just say thanks for the suggestions

any of malcolm's old Chow Gar TL (Not Ging Mo) guys in sydney contact appreciated also.

yes going to contact sue-tin brothers and ging mo (for any old CG guys) when back

henry and paul brennan (happily suprised they have teachers down here!) school contact have thanks.

john lee contact appreciated also.

anyways just thanks for the info will be helpful very much onced settled into living and know what my $$ budget is.

have a good weekend all~
    Last edited by 5thBrother; 07-20-2007 at 05:00 AM.