Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many systems are there in Jun Fan?...

I believe its not about what BL Changed & why he changed it.... It had more to do with his understanding of the theories & principles of application then the technique he was using in set times of his life....

Peace
    RAYNYSC

I have difficulty finding any information about this Sifu Siu Hon Sang on the internet. Does anyone know where to find any?

Unfortunately, information about Sifu Siu Hon San is hard to come by these days. Real Kung Fu and Secrets of Kung Fu magazines were really the only ones who published articles on him back in the 70's. These magazines however, have long been out of print. My Sifu has almost all of them and that is how I was able to get copies myself.

If I had a scanner I would be more than happy to send them to you but I don't. If you are interested contact me privately, maybe we can work something out.

Peace.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

Smile

OK thanks, I don't think my E-mail address is in my profile, but you can just ask me someday on the forums, and i'll give iy to you

Now that I think of it, forget it. I really don't need to know about him anyway!

Ok, this thread has'nt been up in a long time..

loki, I'd like to see some more information on shiu hon sang now, anyway. You said you could send it? that would be great

never mind, I'll pm you

Is this the pic of BL doing a crane's beak, u talked about?

The Jkd school I went to, consisted mostly of WC/Lama Pai Crane/BJJ. There was some western boxing, and some fencing, but those were the main styles used. Of course a couple other styles had some techs thrown in.

But we are talking Jun Fan here, so that is besides the point.

Also, as far as ppl quoting Taky Kimura, and Danny Inosanto, Bruce Lee said it in his book, that both Taky and James were more steeped in the Wing Chun chinese system, because they both met at an early stage in his development, and that he tries to liberate them from one way to walk the "pathless path". BL went on to say that Dan met him in the midst of his evolution, although at that time, he had less training then both Taky and James.

The Jkd school I went to, consisted mostly of WC/Lama Pai Crane/BJJ. There was some western boxing, and some fencing, but those were the main styles used. Of course a couple other styles had some techs thrown in.
    that sounds like a rare JKD school

is'nt it mostly those Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ/Kali schools that are most common?

Yeah, this was different, it had a lot of Wing Chun and Lama Pai Crane. And once or twice a week, there was an instructer who came in and taught BJJ. Like I said there was some boxing and fencing, and I think a few Muy Thai techs, but mostly WC/Lama Pai Crane/BJJ.

The sifu is Jack Soiderberg. Count's former sifu in Chicago.

There is another place here in town that teaches JKD, and mostly consists of what you mentioned, bjj/and or sambo. With a big emphasis on Kali. But I think that place is more into workshops for some reason.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.