Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilt Wearers Unite!!

If I suspect for one minute you guys are taking the proverbial out of Scotland (again), you'll be eating the contents of my sporran.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I got a bad mental image when I read the subject line - now it's burned into my brain. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

AndyM: Are you and me the only Scots actually on this thread?

As for the knee contest, the kilt should cover the top 1/2 of your knee anyway... never used the term 'regimental' for being a Scot and wearing a kilt

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Naw - I'm Scottish too.

These boys think they're hard cos they do Kung Fu....... Tell them to come over to Dundee for a drink on a Friday. Then the'll really need to prove how hard they are.......

We only wear kilts so the really hard blokes think we're girls and won't hit us......
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

if someone can pull a truck with their jimmy then I hope they beleive in celebacy. I don't think that is something I could ever give up. A package of steel would be cool though but not if it becomes a package of useless steel.

@ myself

Well, those who are scottish by nationality sure seem a little elitist towards those of us scottish by blood.

Isn't elitism an english thing?

My genes are a fine hybrid of only the best beer drinking folk in the world: scottish, irish, german. However, I understand that the scots I'm descended from were unruly brutes, and not upscale domesticated scots like we have on this thread.

hehehe
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

May parents are scottish and I have been listening to Bagpipe music at work for the last two days straight, doesnt that count?! Besides, I WAS practicing kungfu in a kilt, how much more scottish can I be without the brogue (SP?). How about this, when my uncle gets drunk, you cant understand a **** word he is saying, even those of his brothers and sisters who grew up in scotland!
    Hey KC, My family descended from a long line of Border Reivers, the turncoat *******s!

Dezhen, I had to explain the kilt length thing here last weekend. I dont know how you guys tell it but here we tell em if its above the knee its a skirt, if its below the knee its a dress.......

Smile Gigage Hisga Anidawehi(Red5Angel)

Many of us Cherokee of mixed blood are also Scottish. Myself, I can wear the tartans of the Lamont's, MacLeod's, MacFarlane's and MacGregor's. I've thought of making a kilt that's a quarter each and putting a Cherokee star in the center.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Guohen

Sounds like a quilt not a Kilt.

If a terrorist were half palestinian and half jewish do you think he would try and blow up half of himself?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Talking Helicopter

Hehe!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Red5angel: Yup that's pretty much what we say
    ewallace: ur crazy
    KC: not elitist, or unruly brutes, and not upscale domesticated scots either

There was a reason the romans built a big wall to keep us out, and it's not our smell

Guohuen: that sounds pretty mad! didn't know you were part Cherokee

david

"There was a reason the romans built a big wall to keep us out, and it's not our smell"

Yes it was. The romans were just too nice to tell us so. That's also why Al Gore invented the internet: minimize physical contact with scots. The space race was also an attempt to find a scot free zone, but nasa discovered that the only people who could survive on a barren rock were scots, so there went that dream.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Ewallace, that reminds me of a joke my brother came up many years ago when we were smoking a bowl on a unused rail bridge. The topic was mixed heritage, our friend was mixed Jewish and Italian, so my brother was talking about us being Jewish and German. "I don't know whether to get rich or kill myself"

KC: actually the landmass that is Scotland came from around Nova Scotia... so maybe ur trying to get away form Candaians!

david