Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin fight videos

Shaolin fight videos

Are there any videos on a Shaolin monk actually in action? I know its hard to find as the monks are Buddhist and place much emphasis on using their knowledge for self-defense and not a means of expanding the ego or self-image. However I'd love to see a video if anyone has it.

PS. I've seen the video where the monk owns the TKD master.

Did he really own him?

Nobody made any contact whatsoever. They just backed up until they were off the mats and restarted the action. It was like a capoeira roda, only they didn't evade and retaliate. They just ran away....hahaha.....

I've seen that one.. the monk even does better "flashy" kicks than the tkd dude... it was interesting, but doesn't prove anything.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

i wish they really went at it
    instead of keep stepping back
    shoulda side stepped and kicked
    i wanted to see action!!!!!!
    it was nice vid still
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX

lol I've seen people claim that the tkd guy owns
    now I wouldn't say any one really owned, but I felt the shaolin had greater control over the fight, of course this doesn't say anything.

I couldn't find any other video's worth watching.

this is the best I could find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-geUbjfAP0U

craig

haha
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

that was odd.... they all suddenly stopped at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    I've seen that one.. the monk even does better "flashy" kicks than the tkd dude... it was interesting, but doesn't prove anything.
    That match is fake. Fights never look that clean and throw 20 techniques and never get hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-4UW7RurC8

this is somewhat "watcheble"

Good application and drill work, but far from a "fight" or a sparring session. And yes, from what I understand the shaolin v TKD video was not a real sparring session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

as i understand it that was actually a showcase of the kicking in chinese and korean styles. they allowed the other to display their kicking style without hitting each other. but even still, i think it was clear who would have taken the other out.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    as i understand it that was actually a showcase of the kicking in chinese and korean styles. they allowed the other to display their kicking style without hitting each other. but even still, i think it was clear who would have taken the other out.
    Respectfully, you can't judge who would win a fight based upon a showcase of techniques. As a Chinese stylist, I would hope the monk would be better, but I can't objectively say he would based upon that demonstration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    No, it's not.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I would say get a video camera, a good lawyer, and the itenerary for a Monks show and go call them out. Just make sure you post the video before it gets confiscated as evidence.