View Poll Results: T: do you want him to put a vid where his mouth is?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to see a vid of T in action to show us the way

23 92.00%
  • No, I don't want to see him at all.

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Terence Poll

The Terence Poll

Like it says.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Good Lord.. Can you imagine what would happen if he DID post a clip of himself?
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

If it is that important to *you* to see me in action, then *you* make the effort: pay me a visit. You can either come to St. Louis (where I live) or visit me in LA in June, 2008 (when I'll be there to meet with Robert, Alan, etc.).

I must admit...I HAD to read his response to the poll.

And an amazing response it was. The guy hasn't been challenged to some mano-to-mano by someone sick of his antics - just a simple poll to see who would like to see a vid by the KING of criticism.

And he still resorts to hiding behind his friends.

Pathetic.

Well, back to the IGNORE button.

Where's the 'I couldn't care less' option?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    Since you've replied to the thread, I don't don't think you can say that with absolute certainty.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Good Lord.. Can you imagine what would happen if he DID post a clip of himself?
    Jim,

I fully expect that IF he did post a clip it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking. Like I've said before, my objections are based more on the tone of the message than on so much on what I see as the crux of the arguements. I don't have any solid basis for those expectations. It's more of a gut feeling.

I will admit that I sometimes take a counter-position just for the sake of arguement. So call me a hypocrit , because there's not always a method to the madness.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Since you've replied to the thread, I don't don't think you can say that with absolute certainty.
    You're right...I could care less...
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

It's obvious no clip will ever be posted. He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.

I just want him to cease and desist with his derivative, annoying and unhelpful critiques.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    If it is that important to *you* to see me in action, then *you* make the effort: pay me a visit. You can either come to St. Louis (where I live) or visit me in LA in June, 2008 (when I'll be there to meet with Robert, Alan, etc.).
    You're missing the point. And on crack? I live in Japan.

If ever I grace the shores you've benighted with your presence it'll be to train with people I know have the goods... And despite all your assertions that others don't, we've yet to see any evidence that you do.

If you're talking about Alan Orr, I've seen a little of the way he trains in vids of his sparring and performance, and while it's good, and a little unusual and refreshing for wing chun, it's nothing special for MA in general, or for my experience (except of course, the magical structure that your lineage has and no others do, which doubtless win over all the other MA - but let's not give you more BS to hide behind - this isn't about Alan, or Robert, it's about YOU).

...it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking.
    He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't care. As I've said, I agree with a lot of what he says, I'm just sick of his bullsh!t tone. All mouth and no ****ing trousers.

I considered putting one in, but thought if you don't care, then 'no,' would be the answer. Generally, despite having made this thread, I don't even care: I'm not at all ruffled, I just think he needs to shut up and show us a video!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    It's obvious no clip will ever be posted. He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.
    "Those who can, DO. Those who cant, TEACH."

Who knows if he can bang - but he would make a good coach... You certainly wouldnt forget what he has to say, its repeated daily.

There's good in every situation
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't care. As I've said, I agree with a lot of what he says, I'm just sick of his bullsh!t tone. All mouth and no ****ing trousers.
    I second that.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

I fully expect that IF he did post a clip it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking. Like I've said before, my objections are based more on the tone of the message than on so much on what I see as the crux of the arguements. I don't have any solid basis for those expectations. It's more of a gut feeling.
    I think he'd have to kill someone in a barehanded bloodbath to back up the amount of crap he talks. Or at least a Griffin v Bonnar Ultimate Fighter Final level slug-o-rama.

I will admit that I sometimes take a counter-position just for the sake of arguement. So call me a hypocrit , because there's not always a method to the madness.
    It depends on the particular criticism.
    Some counter-positions are more extreme than others.
    If you state that someone's clip totally sucks then in comparison, you better totally rock.

If someone can't produce that, then they shouldn't take such an extreme position.
    Less extreme positions require less to be valid.

If someone says those guys could go a bit harder, providing a clip of a bit harder sparring would be helpful (which is the point of giving the advice right?) but it's not totally necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Who knows if he can bang - but he would make a good coach... You certainly wouldnt forget what he has to say, its repeated daily.

There's good in every situation
    LOL. Good one!

You could train a parrot to do that. And somehow, when discussing Terence's derivative diatribes, that would be most appropriate.

When you think about it, it's like the Turing test ... perhaps Terence IS a parrot , taught sentences by Matt Thornton, using voice recognition software.

It's very difficult to tell.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    "Those who can, DO. Those who cant, TEACH."
    Obviously, you've not been listening, T has said many times here, you can't teach people to fight if you can't fight yourself....