Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "National Survey" of Chinese Martial Arts post Culteral Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Grandmaster Lu Zijian: Taiyi Fire Dragon Fist (taiyi huolong quan 太乙火龙掌)
    DVD-OG001: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Zhao Ziqiu: Dragon Style Eight-Diagram Palm (bagua longxing zhang 八卦龙形掌)
    DVD-OG002: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Wang Shutian: Eight-Diagrams Free-Hand Broadsword (bagua sanshou dao 八卦散手刀)
    DVD-OG003: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Peng Yuanzhi: Great Practice Fist (dalianquan 大练拳)
    DVD-OG004: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Gao Chunhe: Hong Gate Hands (hongmenshou 洪门手)
    DVD-OG005: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Gao Chunhe: Wusong Hands (Wusongshou 武松手)
    DVD-OG006: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Huang Ruimu: Center Post and Eight Hammers (zhong zhuang ba chui 中桩八捶)
    DVD-OG007 REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Peng Gaoji: Arhat Fist (luohanquan 罗汉拳)
    DVD-OG008: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Zhang Shaobo: New Hong Fist (xin er lu hong quan 新二路红拳)
    Double DVD
    DVD-OG009: REG: $24.95

Grandmaster Lin Xuan: Xingyi Six Harmony Fist (xingyi liuhequan 形意六合拳)
    DVD-OG010: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Lin Xuan: Rising Dragon Cannon (tilongpao 提龙炮)
    DVD-OG011: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Ma Zhendai: Xingyi Eight Methods (xingyi bashi 形意八式)
    DVD-OG012: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Wang Dengzhou: Single Whip Saves the Master (dan bian jiu zhu quan erlu 单鞭救主拳二路)
    DVD-OG013: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Wang Dengzhou: Five Tigers Descend on the West River (wu hu xia xi chuan 五虎下西川)
    DVD-OG014: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Wang Dengzhou: Lianbuquan (练步拳)
    DVD-OG015: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Yang Wenzhang: Six-Harmony Fist (liuehquan 六合拳)
    DVD-OG016: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Yang Yuntian: Advancing Flower Post Fist (hua jin zhuang quan 花进桩拳)
    DVD-OG017: REG: $19.95

Grandmaster Zhang Shaobai: Flower Strikes to Four Gates (huadasimen 花打四门)
    DVD-OG018: REG: $19.95

These titles should be available for your purchase by October.
    I have all these.

SC: You have the whole survey on videotape? Have you converted those to DVD yet? Those videos must be over a decade old, yes? That'll have significant resolution decay if you haven't rewound them.
    They were carefully kept. All were rewound, I never would leave a tape unrewound.

I am going to convert them to XP (highest quality copy speed) DVD very soon, I will separate each performance on the tape when making the DVD so it is easily searchable.

My HD DVD recorder lets you put it into its hard drive and upconverts to near HD when you make a DVD from the hard drive quality.

I have tried it on some old footage I had on tape of various masters, worked great, you can play it back very slow and watch the movements carefully, and it very clear thanks to being near HD digital data.

Would you be able to sell them through Martialartsmart.com?

SC: You have the whole survey on videotape? Have you converted those to DVD yet? Those videos must be over a decade old, yes? That'll have significant resolution decay if you haven't rewound them.
    what is all this rewound talk?...i have boxes of video tapes and heard something about after ten years the tape corrodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    cows and pigs eat lots of vegetables so therefor i am a vegetarian by eating them
    human beings smoke crack doesn't mean i do cuz i'm one of them

No, it only means that if you eat crack smoking humans!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No, it only means that if you eat crack smoking humans!
    at least you get the idea....you been smoking crack RD? lol

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No, I only eat pure organically grown humans.
    aw man i'm working on a tribute site to my teachers teacher kaido, and my aunt just put up a tribute site to my dead cousin...so i been on this whole memorial attitude as of late...your post got me thinking why i won't pay for pig, pork bacon whatever...i live in vancouver and they have the pickton pig farm where like 50 females from the skids turned up dead.

i can not buy pig!!

i mean muslems and jews and serial killers tell you don't mess with pigs mang

rewound talk

diego - Magnetic tape (video or audio) should be rewound periodically. Exposure to magnets can mess up magnetic tape. The tape itself is magnetic. Therefore, if you just leave your tapes un-spun for a while, you're essentially leaving them next to magnetic field (albeit a very low level magnetic field). Magnetic tape is impressionable which is why you can record over it so easily, so even this low level exposure will have degrading effects over time. This is why you run them, just so the tape doesn't wind up sitting to the exact same magnetic field for too long.

Sal- Do you have the new teaching versions with the application breakdowns or the original footage of from the survey?

RD- We couldn't sell them because we don't have the rights. If Sal sells them, it will be copyright infringement. He might be able to argue that he's only duping them and the money he takes is just duplicating fees, but if called to task, he'd be arguing that against Hagood's lawyers. Beware.

Through this thread, I just discovered I have access to the entire series within a friend's personal library (not Sal, another friend).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It's doubtful Hadgood had the rights either.

At this point, with the project dismantled, and much of the work destroyed it seems to me that it has fallen into the arena of public domain now. The only legit holders to the rights are gone.

No, I only eat pure organically grown humans.

Ah, the other OTHER white meat....

Gene - Hagood sold Shaolin Brand to one of his students, Rick Gamboa.... they based out of Algonquin Il. - If anyone is that interested, contact them and see what's up... or if they care...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Wow, I totally forgot about that. He and I were talking years ago about me making Swords for him.It never went further than that though. I always had too much other stuff going on.

International Property Rights

While Hagood's rights to the original footage might be in question, his American distributed videos bore a (C) so it'd be your lawyer against his. Of course, it's doubtful he'd come after you unless perhaps you said some disparaging comment on the web about Southern Praying Mantis or something. I thought Shaolin Brand wasn't carrying the videos anymore. Am I mistaken about that? I only saw one survey video on their site (and it's videotape - I wonder if it's been rewound....)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

diego - Magnetic tape (video or audio) should be rewound periodically. Exposure to magnets can mess up magnetic tape. The tape itself is magnetic. Therefore, if you just leave your tapes un-spun for a while, you're essentially leaving them next to magnetic field (albeit a very low level magnetic field). Magnetic tape is impressionable which is why you can record over it so easily, so even this low level exposure will have degrading effects over time. This is why you run them, just so the tape doesn't wind up sitting to the exact same magnetic field for too long.

Sal- Do you have the new teaching versions with the application breakdowns or the original footage of from the survey?

RD- We couldn't sell them because we don't have the rights. If Sal sells them, it will be copyright infringement. He might be able to argue that he's only duping them and the money he takes is just duplicating fees, but if called to task, he'd be arguing that against Hagood's lawyers. Beware.

Through this thread, I just discovered I have access to the entire series within a friend's personal library (not Sal, another friend).
    thanks for the info, Gene