Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chi Lin

Chi Lin

Does any one in here have an knowledge of Chi Lin?

Thanks
    ------------------------------
    When your hand is extended withdraw your anger,
    When your anger is extended withdraw your hand.

Qilin, the Chinese Unicorn?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_unicorn

use the white unicorn fist too often, and you will have serious Chi loss
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

lol, I should have been more specific.....
    http://chi-lin.net/ is more along the lines of what I was refering to.

Thanks

OH MY F-IN LORD!

I just followed your link!

He's still out there!

RUN, RUN NOW, RUN FAR AWAY

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

ok, maybe I am retarded.....probably am....but why such strong fealings? I have been taking Chi Lin for sometime, I am not experienced in any other for of Kung Fu, is it that bad?

thanks.....I think

are you studying under "Master Decker"? I know some guys whom were students of his for a short period of time.... he "abused" their loyalty and trust in ways I can not explain on a public forum

no Master Decker is dead, I train under Sifu Stephen Robinson, who is 3rd in lineage from Master Decker. The style is very combative and straight forward, rooted and geared toward multiple oponents. I was curious if anyone knew of its roots. Do you know much about the style? Feel free to email me anything you think not appropriate for the forum.

thanks

I met 'master' Decker years ago - he had a group in the midwest under the tutelage of a dysfunctional police officer who took joy in hurting others. Decker himself was a raving h@m@ who would beat on students with a stick, then insist they hug him after class. Really creepy.

This was the first 'kungfu' style I ever came across. It was not completely without merit - although even his top guys out here laughed about the crazy histories Decker taught - they were fine with him having made it all up. It is apparently a mix of Pai Lum, Ying Jow, Hung Ga and other stuff. What the Dutch-Indo guys would call a 'combinasi'.

A later coach of mine, and a very skilled CMA teacher watched him on video and commented that most of it looked 'made up' but i quote 'that motherf@ker has some skill.'

So to summarize, there are generations of wierd behavior starting with the system founder, but the method is no worse than much of the 'kung fu' that is out there, but the things thay claim may not sync up with reality in the CMA world.

Some of the lessons I learned from these guys I consider very valid material, but the disgust I feel at the memory of thier character leaves me feeling ill every time I think of them.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    are you studying under "Master Decker"? I know some guys whom were students of his for a short period of time.... he "abused" their loyalty and trust in ways I can not explain on a public forum
    this isn't the "lie on the sheet of love" guy, is it?

anyway, watched their promo vid - it looks really ker-zappy!

Mas Judt

thanks for the insight

I have very little experience with Kung Fu....I took TKD and Hung Gar and now I take Chi Lin under Stephen Robinson..he has combined Hung Gar, Tavon, Chi Lin and kick boxing to make up what we learn. He never knew Decker, but his Sifu did but it seems as thought the history is very jumbled, to put it mildly. Thankfully Sifu is not so wierd.....cause yeh, the whole hugging thing would not happen

I know most of the names in Chi Lin are the same as ching wu, so I had guessed that there was some connection to northern shaolin.
    Nice to see that its not completely with out merit...

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    this isn't the "lie on the sheet of love" guy, is it?
    WE HAVE A WINNER.......

Uh, I think Mas said pretty much all that I'd say on an open forum, there is more to it, but then again, as you say, that man is not your teacher

I dunno, the sets and material taught back then were not entirely chin wu..

lemme see if I remember:

'wu shing wu" 108 sef defense
    Tan Tui (ten line)
    Sempai Godan & Rokudan [Forms taught to Karate guys to start to break them of karate habits]
    King Mantis
    Iron Butterfly [Inagoddadavida?]
    Tiger & Crane [Obviously based on the Hung Ga, but with a very different flavor, remnicent of the Black Tiger system]

There was more, but this was decades ago....

Again, compared to much of what was available back then, it was really good. But man, the teachers of the system were a f@cked up bunch.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    WE HAVE A WINNER.......
    I'll be around to collect my kewpie doll directly...

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I met 'master' Decker years ago - he had a group in the midwest under the tutelage of a dysfunctional police officer who took joy in hurting others. Decker himself was a raving h@m@ who would beat on students with a stick, then insist they hug him after class. Really creepy.
    A later coach of mine, and a very skilled CMA teacher watched him on video and commented that most of it looked 'made up' but i quote 'that motherf@ker has some skill.'
    Think you hit it on the head there. Never met the guy but being in Pai Lum myself I heard some stories that just made you shake your head. I've seen video's of him and honestly probably one of the most skilled individuals that I've ever seen. Heard he died of AIDS, not sure on that though. So many stories about the guy and the strange stuff he did. I know of a Mike Snyder whom lives close to me and is a very skilled individual who teaches Chi lin. Tight nit group from what I know, my sifu trained in the system for a bit. Other than that, all I know is they have some similar forms from other systems, but now days who knows where they actually came from especially the Tiger Crane set.