Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chi Lin

There are actually 2 guys in Huntington WV that teach Chi Lin....Daniel Honaker and Stephen Robinson (the later being my Sifu). Both are very skilled MAs. Neither talk to much about the Chi Lin history....now I know why Dragonzbane76, what area of the country are you from? Do you still train in the Chi Lin system?

thanks for all the info guys.....I think not sure I should have ever asked...lol oh well
    ------------------------------
    When your hand is extended withdraw your anger,
    When your anger is extended withdraw your hand.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Never trained in it myself, my teach did for a good while. Which most of the stuff filtered down to us through him. One form I really liked from that system was Iron Dog. I've actually got my teacher on video doing some of the forms from there, Sun dragon, and a couple weapons forms.

Your teachers are about 3 hours away from me. Actually I live 15min. away from Morgantown WV.
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 06-28-2007 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post

One form I really liked from that system was Iron Dog.
    MAS, MAS, MAS!

He said "iron dog"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

OMG. (Too much inside information.)

Yeah, I met Decker back in the 80's. Hard to evaluate my opinions as I did not know then what I know now... but he seemed like a phenom to me then, and the students he brought with him were very, very good to my Judo trained eyes. The applications he taught in class were strange, but his students could certainly fight.

I won't knock the system or the man's skill, but the predatory nature and low moral character a real turn off when you are in a MA scenario. Only later did I learn how depraved the guy was.

But this does not mean his current guys aren't good players or good people. Just keep your eyes open.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Um, I'm referring to martial arts skill when talking about what I know/knew.

It was obvious how creepy he was even then. Once I recall even being recruited to help steer him away from 'vulnerable' students.

Yikes.
    www.kungnation.com

Morgantown.....who is your teacher...do you train in Kung Fu?

yeh, I am kinda gathering that the guy was d@mn creepy.
    Thank God my Sifu is not like that LOL.
    ------------------------------
    When your hand is extended withdraw your anger,
    When your anger is extended withdraw your hand.

Once you penetrate the surface, there are a lot of creepy people out in CMA scene. Fortunately, the decent folks still out number them...
    www.kungnation.com

Oh, and the 'Chi Lin' symbol is a direct rip from Chiu Chi-in's Hung Ga association logo....
    www.kungnation.com

Here is a popular kali player in the chicagoland area who has some serious issues.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offenderdetails.cfm?SORID=E96F5878&CFID=582217&CFT OKEN=35425925&jsessionid=90306c7305bfI$10Yt$B

Plus was not that iron palm player Bryan Gray sentanced for messing around with kids?

Sadly, I knew Nate before this happened. I never would have guessed he had that in him. You really need to know who you train with.

It's scary how many f@cked up teachers I've stumbled across. Thankfully I have known more who were good people.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Plus was not that iron palm player Bryan Gray sentanced for messing around with kids?
    No, the charges were dropped, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    No, the charges were dropped, IIRC.
    IIRC turned out to be a concentual (sp?) relationship, though the fact he was gay obviously came out..

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

All this info 'coming out' about predatory behavior makes one realize why clinching the sphincter is critcal day one training in CMA....
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    All this info 'coming out' about predatory behavior makes one realize why clinching the sphincter is critcal day one training in CMA....
    (cymbil crash)

thanks folks, thank you, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress