Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So aside of Taiji Legacy, and other tourney in Dallas

So aside of Taiji Legacy, and other tourney in Dallas

Is this the only all Kung Fu tournament in DFW?? Anyone of another??
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Texas Tournaments: Master List

Planning for next year:

July

Taiji legacy in Dallas/Plano

August

Houston International Martial Arts Championships

September

Amateur Athletic Union in Austin/Round Rock

October

Austin Martial Arts Festival

and...
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

i dont think there is going to be a tjl next year. at least that is what i was told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i dont think there is going to be a tjl next year. at least that is what i was told.
    I heard that, too. But Gene talked to someone that said it will happen.

hmm lets see. my source heard it right from them. maybe they changed. if so i guess i will go.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    hmm lets see. my source heard it right from them. maybe they changed. if so i guess i will go.
    Unless your source is Jimmy Wong himself , I am going with Gene on this one. During the opening ceremonies of this years TJL, Master Wong said that the next TJL is definite. Gene contacted Patty (VP and Treas of Chin Woo if I recall correctly) and she said everything is a go for future TJL's.

Doubt it will shut down for attendance. Also given the attendance and support, I don't see how they could be losing money. Only thing I can see is not being able to get insurance due to cost. That may shut it down.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I heard they might go to every 2 years instead of every year.

Jimmy has changed his tune

Last time I saw Jimmy, he said it would still happen, but he was looking at changing things up dramatically. He was saying that he was looking at a location change and a potential name change. I got the feeling he was doing this to keep things fresh. His student Patty Sun has always given me the impression that Jimmy likes to keep challenging himself (and his students) and keeps pushing the edge of the envelope. My gut feeling is that his plans for TJL are along these lines. So expect many changes, but Master Wong and Chin Woo have something planned for us in 2008.

The last time we spoke was at the Eagle Cup. Things may have changed since.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If it goes away, just rememberwho broke the story back in May.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    He was saying that he was looking at a location change and a potential name change.

Aww crap. TJL was on 5mins drive from my house. WTF is he thinking. I have half a mind to drive down his school beat some sense into him.

well i am glad its continueing i liked that one.

Or perhaps any other open tournaments? Anyone have any ideas?

I couldn't delete this one.

ttt for Gene.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Hey everyone,

Received word today that the Tai Ji Legacy for 2008 has been cancelled due to not securing a venue. Bummer. Also the Houston International tournament was cancelled as well due to the Olympics, double bummer. The email I got said that if they can secure a place in the near future they may have it in the fall.

Well that only leaves the AAU tourney in Austin