Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The CMA Ground Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Here again, trying to 'theorize' something into existence.
    You are just an idiot.!

To Deadly?

Its just that the to deadly for sport deal is a great pillow for people to fall back on that simply do not want to compete, want to save face for thier art/themselves, and often times have no other reason to explain why you dont see a lot of trad. arts in MMA type venues.

The hinge here is that its true.

But that is also its own worst enemy, because its so obviously true, everyone and thier moms use it as an excuse.

its just played out is all, and the majority of people who bring up this element are tools.

It goes without saying that its much safer for the athletes to compete with these rules in place, otherwise the athletes would not be around for very long to amuse and entertain us.

The only true way to settle this dispute regarding "to deadly for sport" is to have a true NHB event.

Which will never happen in the main stream...it has, and may happen again. Yet you wont find this type of fight venue around for long because people dont want to lose eyes and die....though it should also be noted that in the past NHB events, how many guys were like "im going for the fackers eyes"?

none. i would like to surely see someone of a good degree of skill be like "im going for the fackers eyes" then to see the results of a fight with that goal in mind.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Too deadly ?
    Blah.

If your MA needs to rely on the "deadly" for you to survive, good luck with that.

As for REAL NHB and VT matches, yes there are some and they are still happening, IF you look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Too deadly ?
    Blah.

If your MA needs to rely on the "deadly" for you to survive, good luck with that.

As for REAL NHB and VT matches, yes there are some and they are still happening, IF you look for them.
    we should set up eye gouging and crotch kicking only matches!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    we should set up eye gouging and crotch kicking only matches!
    Dude, in my first VT match some nipple-twister tried to eye gouge me, TWICE, one standing ( I assume it was a finger poke) that got him knocked on his ass ( hook > finger poke) and the other when we were on the ground that got his face elbowed for his troubles.
    Then I poked HIM in the eye, just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    No one was interested 10 years ago. MMA was still considered fringe. It's only been in the last year to 18 months that it has gained enough popularity to go main stream.

And to apply your theory: the first UFC was almost 15 years ago, but MMA on cable was unherd of before TUF. Were was all the fight specials before that?
    ... on pay-per-veiw; they were available to those who were interested enough to find it, watch it, and pay for it. Just as CMA grappling was out there, but you had to be interested enough to find it and pay for it...
    but the arts were still there and being taught. I have old issues of black belt from the late 80s or early 90s with muay thai articles. most of the black belt issues from the 80s and 90s had the muay thai vids being sold both by chai sirisute and pupad noy worawoot. I remember gjj ads from way back. I have old kung fu illustrated issues with muay thai articles... these arts were being talked about then though they weren't mainstream. However, I don't recall seeing a single issue about CMA ground grappling until mma started to blow up. Then it started with all of "CMA defense against a tackle" articles and moved on from there.

You are comparing the wrong thing though. Compare art to art and tv to tv - where was all of the televised san shou 15 years ago? where were the magazine articles? If gorund grappling is such an integral part of real cma, there would have been write ups about it SOMEWHERE. Of all the chin na articles and all of the monkey articles, etc. NOBODY cared to talk about ground grappling? I saw articles about strikes from the ground, why not grappling?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

and he officially runs up the white flag...

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    You are just an idiot.!

Aw, and I thought you didn't like 'name calling'! LOL!

GJJ was in Lethal Weapon 1, with the article(s) in Inside Kung fu, BB and some other rag preceding and follwoing the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Dude, in my first VT match some nipple-twister tried to eye gouge me, TWICE, one standing ( I assume it was a finger poke) that got him knocked on his ass ( hook > finger poke) and the other when we were on the ground that got his face elbowed for his troubles.
    Then I poked HIM in the eye, just for good measure.
    nice!

you are now labeled To Deadly for Sport!

no more sport for you!
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

You keep telling all of us that MMA does not "prove" anything. I beg to differ. They get in the ring and fight using what they know. It is "proven" that BJJ works. Smabo works. Muay Thai works. I do not hear these guys on the web philosophizing about what is and is not. They shut their mouths, balls up, and fight to prove something.
    Conversly you have yet to "prove" any of the bull**** spewing from your mouth. I am happy to stand corrected in my assertations, but I want "proof."
    To say that Tim Cartmell's teachers are ignorant and did not teach him something is a pretty bold statement coming from some ****ing troll that is not even willing to share his real name! Tim trained with some of the best their is in the 20th century. But alas I forgot that YOU are the only person that got all this "secret" training I am sure Tim and his crew would welcome an opportunity for you to go over on open mat Saturday afternoons and teach them about ground work in CMA! Hell, look at that we can kill two birds with one stone. Not only can you educate Tim (after all he only has over 30 years of experience) and his students, but you can tape the whole thing and then prove to us all how you dominated them with CMA stand up and on the ground! Brilliant idea! I will be happy to retract my statement after that!
    For those of you who have not experienced real combat on the street let me offer a bit of insight.....
    Kicking to the balls, poking eyes, ripping throats, etc. etc. is all fine and dandy, but I have a question for you...... why is it I do not read about anyone doing such things when assaulted? With all the video footage of real street fights on the web I have yet to see ONE video where any of this happens! Not one!
    One thing I have noticed on said video's is that 99.9% of the fights end up in the clinch range where grappling is top priority. Not all go to the ground, though the overwhelming majority do. But just about EVERY fight I have seen ends up in the clinch, and/or going to the ground.
    Now before some of you knuckleheads berrate me with BS excuses like they are untrained, blah, blah, blah........I would prefer some video of your said "expertise" in these areas. Video will quickly shut up the nay sayers, your diarrhea of the keyboard will not.
    Please do not get Oso, nor me, wrong. We both love CMA and train it everyday. But reality is reality. We have sought out other training because their is no ONE style/system that has everything needed to be a well rounded fighter. Period. Otherwise we would all be doing it. Nothing wrong with cross training, but keep things in perspective. You don't here Anderson Silva, or Mirko Crocop arguing about groundfighting being in their Muay Thai standup fighting do you? No. They are realistic because they know the limitations of the systems they have studied. Hence them cross training.
    I use MMA gents as examples because they are out their doing, not talking. MMA is not the be all end all, but it is a venue that most of us have seen. Again we do not see a ton of CMA guys getting in the ring and proving ****. These arguments of "that is not what CMA is about" are the stupidest things I have ever heard! ALL martial systems are about combat. Period. The fluffy, foo foo, woo woo **** that many CMA have become is not the fault of the system, but the teachers!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    nice!

you are now labeled To Deadly for Sport!

no more sport for you!
    You should have seen the matches I won via chi blast !
    **** Taco bell...

lol, now your definately too deadly!
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

never under-estimate the power of a bean burrito, extra spicy, in grappling match.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    You keep telling all of us that MMA does not "prove" anything. I beg to differ. They get in the ring and fight using what they know. It is "proven" that BJJ works. Smabo works. Muay Thai works. I do not hear these guys on the web philosophizing about what is and is not. They shut their mouths, balls up, and fight to prove something.
    Conversly you have yet to "prove" any of the bull**** spewing from your mouth. I am happy to stand corrected in my assertations, but I want "proof."
    To say that Tim Cartmell's teachers are ignorant and did not teach him something is a pretty bold statement coming from some ****ing troll that is not even willing to share his real name! Tim trained with some of the best their is in the 20th century. But alas I forgot that YOU are the only person that got all this "secret" training I am sure Tim and his crew would welcome an opportunity for you to go over on open mat Saturday afternoons and teach them about ground work in CMA! Hell, look at that we can kill two birds with one stone. Not only can you educate Tim (after all he only has over 30 years of experience) and his students, but you can tape the whole thing and then prove to us all how you dominated them with CMA stand up and on the ground! Brilliant idea! I will be happy to retract my statement after that!
    For those of you who have not experienced real combat on the street let me offer a bit of insight.....
    Kicking to the balls, poking eyes, ripping throats, etc. etc. is all fine and dandy, but I have a question for you...... why is it I do not read about anyone doing such things when assaulted? With all the video footage of real street fights on the web I have yet to see ONE video where any of this happens! Not one!
    One thing I have noticed on said video's is that 99.9% of the fights end up in the clinch range where grappling is top priority. Not all go to the ground, though the overwhelming majority do. But just about EVERY fight I have seen ends up in the clinch, and/or going to the ground.
    Now before some of you knuckleheads berrate me with BS excuses like they are untrained, blah, blah, blah........I would prefer some video of your said "expertise" in these areas. Video will quickly shut up the nay sayers, your diarrhea of the keyboard will not.
    Please do not get Oso, nor me, wrong. We both love CMA and train it everyday. But reality is reality. We have sought out other training because their is no ONE style/system that has everything needed to be a well rounded fighter. Period. Otherwise we would all be doing it. Nothing wrong with cross training, but keep things in perspective. You don't here Anderson Silva, or Mirko Crocop arguing about groundfighting being in their Muay Thai standup fighting do you? No. They are realistic because they know the limitations of the systems they have studied. Hence them cross training.
    I use MMA gents as examples because they are out their doing, not talking. MMA is not the be all end all, but it is a venue that most of us have seen. Again we do not see a ton of CMA guys getting in the ring and proving ****. These arguments of "that is not what CMA is about" are the stupidest things I have ever heard! ALL martial systems are about combat. Period. The fluffy, foo foo, woo woo **** that many CMA have become is not the fault of the system, but the teachers!
    Jake
    This is a good post, and I agree to a 'T'

It makes you think of man in general.

Since when have we, in the history of man, ever known one man to hold all the answers?

Never.

We have always had to share information to improve our technology and the understanding of pretty much anything we have developed to a highly refined skill set.

why should we think today is any different, that anyone has the answers all wrapped up nice and neat in a perfect little cma package?

I think one of the largest aspects that contributed to the development of CMA as a whole was the sharing of information, I am sure many of you would agree with this.

As this information sharing, in China's past, was predominantly the sharing of Chinese knowledge, is it not time to add the rest of the worlds information to the total of what China has given us?

To me it would seem the correct path to follow in keeping true to the roots of CMA.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan